Went to Crewe Today and I Quote (Day 3) (1 Viewer)

Greggs

Sorry to be a twit, but didn't your credit card show up a different name and address to the one you gave the ticket op?
I usually pay cash when i'm bending the rules!

Bennosdancingfeet

It was quality !!! And all us gullible fools were loving it.

However.....

To give 3 stories that are all bullshit for a bit of praise/accolades is rather sad in my estimation.

Still whatever floats your boat.

theferret

Haters? Easy tiger. Why do you care so much if some people don't buy it. I'm glad you found it funny. Some people laugh at Lenny Henry, so each to their own.

Tonylinc

I really don't care if it is true or not.....it has given me some light entertainment over the last couple of nights and in these hard times that is much more important!

Brighton Sky Blue

To be fair it'd be quite easy for me to pop into the ground tommorrow from the train station and nab a few, since I've got a relative in that general area and wouldn't attempt to buy 8 tickets at once!

Otis

People just rolled with it because it was funny. Not as funny if not true of course, but still quite amusing anyway with the differing variations on how to pull it off.

Now for some reason though, after the event, a few are getting a bit snooty and smug about the whole thing. :whistle:

SkyBlue_Bear83

I believed it on the first day but after he appeared to be getting the same person on other end of the phone each time was what gave it away

Otis

Think most people weren't 100% convinced to be quite honest.

It didn't quite ring true, but it was funny and most just played along with it.

Can't see it really matters to be honest anyway.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
So when a comedian says something like "I walked into a pub the other day and....." do people really believe he actually walked into a pub? No. But we still listen to the tale. Why? Because we all like a good joke/story/anecdote. Personally, I thought it was an absolute BRILLIANT thread. Well done Gary! Keep it up with some more! Made my bleedin' night! :claping hands: Laffed me bollox off!

Users who are viewing this thread