we're 5th. 6 undefeated!! (1 Viewer)

Del Boy 82

With all the talk of who went an who didn't, who's a more loyal fan an why others didn't go. Should we not be smiling that those who went today enjoyed another victory, the lads showed glimpses of good spells of football an this team could just maybe compete with any side in this league. The squad ain't looking to bad, gelling together with each game. Strikers looking like we've got a few goals their, midfield can create an threaten. Defence looks tighter an not so weak, an a few of the young lads are stepping up. Pressley signed a 4 year deal an putting good foundations down on the football side, an we're playing in the city again. Not to mention that we've not lost since the opening day an are sat nicely in 5th. Smile, long may it continue. PUSB.

Evans1883

Fantastic start for me , had some tough games in the opening fixtures and seem to have come out of what is arguably our hardest run of games throughout the season , with 1 defeat .
we are improving each week , look relatively solid and at times are a joy to watch , just waiting for it to go wrong really in true ccfc fashion

letsallsingtogether

Brilliant start hopefully our season to keep this run going.
Just worried about loan signings going back to their parent clubs and disrupting the team?
But until that happens will keep enjoying it.

PUSB.

pete212

Yes, sitting nicely in 5th.
Can't imagine Yeovil finishing in top ten though.
We need to keep a consistent run going.
We looked in pretty much total control today, but lack of fire power looks to be the problem.
Leon Clarke and Callum Wilson's goals will be greatly missed.
Who's our 20-25 a season man?

richtom

having been to 3 games this season we are very tight at the back,but no width wing backs are ok if they used but apart from Haynes last Friday 1st half off, its not worked other games and starving our forwards

the squad is good and works hard and tight but need more width,,

but 5th in the league what do I know

Last edited:

Evans1883

Yes, sitting nicely in 5th.
Can't imagine Yeovil finishing in top ten though.
We need to keep a consistent run going.
We looked in pretty much total control today, but lack of fire power looks to be the problem.
Leon Clarke and Callum Wilson's goals will be greatly missed.
Who's our 20-25 a season man?
I believe this team , is the type that will grind out results , we wont get the 4-1s the 5-3s or the 30 goal a season striker , but i believe we have goals in the team enough so that we can keep on winning ,mor atleast picking up vital points , remember , you can get promoted by scoring just 46 goals , its about how you defend with it thats more important .
we had 14 shots today , hit the bar , nouble came ridiculously close , could and should of been 4 or 5-1 , il take 1-0 or 2-1 every week

Terry Gibson's perm

Hopefully the strikers will all score goals when they play but after today I would like to see one being Jackson most weeks who has a very good touch and the rest working around him.

Del Boy 82

O'brien looks like he's got 10 goals in him, nouble will get around 10 by January an Jackson might be the one to get 15 for us an reda Johnson will get 10 easy! Theirs goals to be had yet! Even tudgay might get a few if he ever looks fit an sharp

Rob S

Quick stat update: We're 2pts better off than after the same fixtures last season. (Although you have to swap Brentford for Barnsley & Rotherham for Yeovil.)

Last edited:

harvey098

I do worry about goals this year. I think that's down to the formation change as much as personnel. I think we will win a lot of games by 1 this year.

Hobo

It has been a good start, with difficult fixtures and new players still bonding. A tighter defence was essential this season and that is what Pressley has delivered. I believe the goals will come.

SkyBlueHomer

This stage of the season I wouldn't pay much attention to the position, points on the board more important. Check position from November.
Good start though & hopefully we can keep it up. Use the return home as the catalyst for promotion

Otis

It's actually 7 games undefeated in total.

Yeovil
Gilingham
Wycombe (JPT)
Swindon
MKD
Barnsley
Sheff Utd.

skybluelee

I think a fully fit Jackson and Nouble will tear defences apart in this league, frankly.

If we had better options to replace Thomas and Clarke we would look really strong across the pitch imo.

hill83

I think a fully fit Jackson and Nouble will tear defences apart in this league, frankly.

If we had better options to replace Thomas and Clarke we would look really strong across the pitch imo.

Hines can replace Thomas in the middle.

shmmeee

Hines can replace Thomas in the middle.

54325509.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread