Match Thread West Bromwich Albion - Coventry City Match Thread - Friday 1st Mar (2 Viewers)

Garlana86

Pessimistic view on the team choice, but why is Robin's forcing da Silva and Wilson into the team!? Binks is fine and don't want to be harsh on him, but it's clear to me at least that Thomas+Kitchen are our best two together, also what has Colin's done wrong and Wilson so right?

I was hoping Bidwell and Kitchen both started tonight, this away fixture for us is as tough as it gets (excluding Preston!) as we always struggle Vs them.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Wake me up before you GO-GO.

George Michael 80S GIF

PVA

It's not hard is it, he fucks up more defensively that's why people have the perception that teams target him when he plays.

He probably gets targeted similarly to Bidwell but if he keeps fucking up and letting the opposition get crosses and shots in from that side people are gonna think he is being targeted.

Maybe exposing his defensive flaws is a better description than being targeted.

Yes that would be a much fairer description.

AiS86

If Bidwell and Kitchen have been ill, and aren't back to 100%, and we've got 2 players in their position that are fine, it's a no brainer. Why are people questioning it?

shepardo01

We are only missing two players to injury in that line up... I would argue that we probably don't have a top 6 side in general then if you believe that.
Our strongest side, I think is top 6
But, we are missing Saka and Sheaf, our centre half from our excellent run (Kitching), our goalkeeper from our excellent run (Collins) and have been forced into changing formation and playing a midfielder in the back three (against a top Championship side) and a weaker left sided defender due to the change in formation.
So you could say we are missing 5!

Alan Dugdales Moustache

There's a bloke playing for West Brom called Okay, which is funny.

fatso

Wilson and Dasilva worry me to death, and we could do with a fit Kitching for this game, hope I'm wrong, but I'd be surprised if we don't get turned over.
I'd be more than happy with a point from this one.

steve101

Hopefully Dasilva has learnt from Preston match to move the ball quicker. Something Bidwell is notably better at. He will need to start well for confidence. They will surely target that area.

Philosorapter

Sounds about right to me.

These lot are good, and they're at home.

Draw would be a good thing tonight.

Johnnythespider

Was feeling ok for this but Sky just showed Wilson's attempt at a save for their first goal at the cbs

shmmeee

It's almost like Robins might have a bit more information on which to base team selection than we do.

It happens every time. Massive meltdown about why someone isn’t in the team. Post match robins says they’re ill or carrying a niggle and that’s that.

Tommo1993

Why did I tune in this early? Mind numbing, idle chit chat. Pundits and commentators really steal a living.

junglej13

We always struggle against West Brom's physicality. Last year Furlong pretty much threw the ball in. Fearful of similar tonight without Kitching and Bidwell.

PVA

Fuck it, changed my mind. Robins tactical masterclass. Perfect away performance and sneak a 1-0 win 😎

Jamesimus

I just don't think Da Silva suits the kind of high tempo counter game we'll need to beat these, he wants 5 touches every time the ball is with him and he's not even as quick as Bidwell.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I think some of the criticism is silly as all players will make a bad mistake at some point. However, I think this one’s valid. He’s a bit too comfortable on the ball sometimes so can slow things down for us and Bidwell certainly more athletic.

AiS86

The criticism of Dasilva after the Preston mistake has been harsh. He's one of the most composed players we have on the ball, and helps us play out out from dangerous areas, considering we want more possession these days, he does it well, but it goes wrong once and he gets way too much shit for it. Players make mistakes, it's part of the game

Hobo

I don't understand that line up........ Bidwell and Kitchen clearly not ill if they are on the bench.

Because there is a big difference from being able to get through 90 minutes and being able to get through 30 minutes. There is also the psychology of keeping the bench strong and keeping the opposition guessing to how fit they are? It is not uncommon for teams to have players on the bench who aren't fully fit. Even players in the team can be carrying knocks.

shmmeee

The criticism of Dasilva after the Preston mistake has been harsh. He's one of the most composed players we have on the ball, and helps us play out out from dangerous areas, considering we want more possession these days, he does it well, but it goes wrong once and he gets way too much shit for it. Players make mistakes, it's part of the game

It’s completely arbitrary. Torp gives the ball away like Sheaf does (cos he plays a similar role) and nothing gets said. Sheaf does it and it’s proof he’s crap and needs dropping. Kitching fucks up and it’s forgotten, etc etc. O’Hare has been rubbish for weeks and no one’s mentioned it.

Jamesimus

Sky commentators has just said we won’t win today and we’re out of the play off race. 😂

*one* of the Sky commentators said this.

one didn’t say anything and Clinton Morrison said we’d win (although he did basically point out he has to say that!)

Users who are viewing this thread