westbrooke (1 Viewer)

JimmyHillsbeard

Hello Sky Blues phone in
Hi I'd like to go on air and talk about the game
Did you go to the game
No
Sorry we only want people who can actually give a decent roundup, bye.

Stuart Linnell did try this about four seasons ago (the Northampton era iirc) but it collapsed around his ears.

He asked a bloke who hadn’t been to the game how he felt qualified to comment and the bloke snapped back with

“so are you saying that the CWR commentary is so poor that it doesn’t give me an accurate perception of the game it’s supposed to describe?”

At this point Linnell was faced with an unpalatable problem. Unsurprisingly he backed down completely. I don’t think he’s used the “bit you weren’t at the game” argument much since then.

Otis

Stuart Linnell did try this about four seasons ago (the Northampton era iirc) but it collapsed around his ears.

He asked a bloke who hadn’t been to the game how he felt qualified to comment and the bloke snapped back with

“so are you saying that the CWR commentary is so poor that it doesn’t give me an accurate perception of the game it’s supposed to describe?”

At this point Linnell was faced with an unpalatable problem. Unsurprisingly he backed down completely. I don’t think he’s used the “bit you weren’t at the game” argument much since then.
Yeah, but even though I can hear Stuart Linnell during the match and even though I can actually see him at the match by looking across at the main stand, I am still not sure he is actually there at the match.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Yeah, but even though I can hear Stuart Linnell during the match and even though I can actually see him at the match by looking across at the main stand, I am still not sure he is actually there at the match.

One thing we can all agree on on here, is that the commentary on CWR of the match is often wildly inaccurate as to what's actually going on. I don't expect them to give outstanding descriptions of what's going on every minute but I do expect them to get the name of the team we're playing right and the score!! There was one game years ago where they didn't realise the opposition had scored and we were drawing!

At the moment, on CWR commentary alone, you can't make fair conclusions on JCH vs Biamou or say Kelly vs Doyle, as both pairs routinely have their names mixed up! What must the guest commentator be thinking, I do not know...

Otis

One thing we can all agree on on here, is that the commentary on CWR of the match is often wildly inaccurate as to what's actually going on. I don't expect them to give outstanding descriptions of what's going on every minute but I do expect them to get the name of the team we're playing right and the score!! There was one game years ago where they didn't realise the opposition had scored and we were drawing!

At the moment, on CWR commentary alone, you can't make fair conclusions on JCH vs Biamou or say Kelly vs Doyle, as both pairs routinely have their names mixed up! What must the guest commentator be thinking, I do not know...
And this is why it is totally pointless ringing up to comment upon the play within a game if you haven't been to the game.

General chit chat is fine, but when people ring up and say 'Ryan Haynes put in one hell of a shift out there today' it is entirely based on information from the radio commentary which is so often completely wrong.

fernandopartridge

The argument I would put back, if I was in Linell's shoes, would be: "If you've only effectively seen the match through our eyes as commentators, what do you have to add to the conversation?"

ceetee

The basic problem is that the commentators report what is happening on the ball so the listener doesn't appreciate when other players are getting in to good (or bad) positions off the ball.

Mind you, a lot of people at the game don't notice either

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The basic problem is that the commentators report what is happening on the ball so the listener doesn't appreciate when other players are getting in to good (or bad) positions off the ball.

Mind you, a lot of people at the game don't notice either

You're absolutely right on that, it's pretty much the focal point of the Murphy debate too.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I like Stuart, he's an honest bloke who loves the club and I think he makes a fair whack of sense as well.

I'd personally like a go at doing the commentary though. I wonder if there's any jobs going?

Adge

I like Stuart, he's an honest bloke who loves the club and I think he makes a fair whack of sense as well.

I'd personally like a go at doing the commentary though. I wonder if there's any jobs going?
I dont mind Linnell to be honest. Eakin is OK as well, it's Foster as we know who needs to be ditched, well, needed to be ditched years ago.
At least Eakin can ask a reasonable question after the match instead of "do you like talking about yourself". Jeez!

no_loyalty

I dont mind Linnell to be honest. Eakin is OK as well, it's Foster as we know who needs to be ditched, well, needed to be ditched years ago.
At least Eakin can ask a reasonable question after the match instead of "do you like talking about yourself". Jeez!

Martin Winch is the worst one of the lot in my opinion

Nonleagueherewecome

their to busy telling us about traffic jams for the wasps game or wasps commentary can be found here after the game / tomorrow etc.... or wasps wasps wasps

getting beyond a joke now

Bearing in mind my earlier post about the fake traffic reports on CWR, maybe we should inundate them with fake travel info around the Ricoh area before and after Wasps games?!? Either they'll put people off going (if they read them all out) or CWR won't be able to tell the fake from the real ones, so not read any of them, meaning potential traffic chaos getting even worse (if there is some real traffic issues in actuality)? Or am I being mean now?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

They won’t!!! When I used to work in Northampton, @Earlsdon_Skyblue1 would regularly text into BBC Radio Northampton breakfast show ironically hosted by Stuart Linnel, and tell them that their were major delays on the A34 and A45 because of ludicrous reasons, like a plank of wood in the road!!! My Seat Sat Nav got its traffic updates from the radio so it was forever re-directing me around non existent traffic jams!! I swear he brought Northampton and Daventry to a halt on a weekly basis!!

Guilty! Hahaha. It used to crack me up listening on the iplayer whilst Stuart read out my bullshit messages about imaginary roadworks. It was always even funnier 20 minutes later you sending me a message fuming that you were late for work - again!

Talk of the devil, I just saw Stuart at the train station. He was waiting at one of the bus stops in a blue blazer and Stevie Wonder sunglasses. Looked like he was having a great time!

Otis

Sounds a prospect.
I wonder why Brentford are letting him go? It sounds like he’s an integral part of their youth set up and has been on the cusp of being part of the 1st team more regularly?
Maybe good enough for League 1 and 2, but not for the Championship and Premier League in their eyes?

stevefloyd

Their loss and maybe our gain....good luck to the lad...David Platt didn't do so bad being released all those years ago possibly increased his desire to make it

SkyBlueCRJ

“I think that will be a decision that will be made as soon as we know where we’re going to be next season.

“It’s difficult to pin down and sign players at the minute just because where we are with the first team and where we are going, whether we’re in the play-offs or not."

The tone suggests he may only sign if we gain promotion... or am I reading too much into JF's comments?

Or is it just down to the fact that this month could be backlogged with play-off preparation so transfers may take a backseat?

Sub

Midfielder Zain Westbrooke came up through the youth yanks at Stamford Bridge before switching to Championship Brentford.

Good reporting from the telegraph i see.
giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread