Westworld (1 Viewer)

Otis

When did he get bumped off? Was that in the older timeline? He's been "killed" before (in Episode 1) so I assume he's been repaired.
Otis, you're bending my mind!!
When they go to the shoreline and Bernard shows them all the dead bodies floating in the sea, Teddy is one of them. You see him face down in the water.

Otis

So the Bernard scenes are set in the present and the rest are flashbacks?
Think so.

Would guess the Delores/Teddy scenes are right after the murder party scene, where they seek retribution and that the Bernard shoreline scenes are some weeks later.

Otis

Yes great character , the guy who plays Bernard is a very good actor too
He is. Jeffrey Wright. Seen him in lots of stuff. Last time out I saw him in The Hunger Games series.

He was also Felix Leiter in two Bond movies.

It's one of the great things about Westworld, that they have such rich, well drawn characters.

Delores, Maeve, Bernard, Ford, William, they're all great characters.

Mcbean

The missus is waning as its a bit much for her - but i love it - could impriove if Thandie gets her kit off but i am a patient man - flipping backwards and forwards - the Bridge 3 is coming oh saga its time for sex

Otis

The missus is waning as its a bit much for her - but i love it - could impriove if Thandie gets her kit off but i am a patient man - flipping backwards and forwards - the Bridge 3 is coming oh saga its time for sex
Think that's what I like about Westworld, the riddles and twists and turns and it gets you constantly thinking.

Sky_Blue_Daz

He is. Jeffrey Wright. Seen him in lots of stuff. Last time out I saw him in The Hunger Games series.

He was also Felix Leiter in two Bond movies.

It's one of the great things about Westworld, that they have such rich, well drawn characters.

Delores, Maeve, Bernard, Ford, William, they're all great characters.
Was he on Boardwalk empire too ?

Otis

Well just watched episode 4 and have to say I loved it. Great episode!!

And have to say I am so pleased
Elsie is back!!
All I can add to that is
Whoooo hoooo!!
I have missed
her
and that's
a lot!!

wingy

The Tunnel is 3 series the first of which is a direct copy of the bridge 1. Second isn’t but still loosely is similar and have 3rd is the best and is unique with a surprising ending. The last 20 minutes is self indulgent but it earned that

Also:

The final series of The Bridge will move to BBC2 in 2018
Of course the same happened with the Killing, It did'nt work as they trunkated it down to 14episodes from the original 20.
One of the biggest plus' of the Danish version was the character development, which they had plenty of time for.
One of the draws for me was that,then the mood created by the local prevailing Environment the grey dark days and not forgetting the language barrier with subtitles which I don't find prohibitive ,more an asset although I know that is not everyones cup of tea.

Otis

Of course the same happened with the Killing, It did'nt work as they trunkated it down to 14episodes from the original 20.
One of the biggest plus' of the Danish version was the character development, which they had plenty of time for.
One of the draws for me was that,then the mood created by the local prevailing Environment the grey dark days and not forgetting the language barrier with subtitles which I don't find prohibitive ,more an asset although I know that is not everyones cup of tea.
I still loved the US version of The Killing though, well the first couple of series anyway.

Otis

Got to admit I didn't really give it a proper go ,but tried it for a couple of episodes then dropped it.
I thought it was great. Very taught and broody. Some excellent performances too.

Maybe you should have stuck with it. The last series though was pants.

wingy

I thought it was great. Very taught and broody. Some excellent performances too.

Maybe you should have stuck with it. The last series though was pants.
Guess I'm tainted Otis ,a full on Europhile me, that's where I draw on for Culture, not the God fearing land of the free.
I frequently find myself watching old continental films ,some without subtitles and still get the point.
Some of them are so humourous and I feel don't follow the set, formulaic genres you find in the West.
Last week I watched an old Russian B+W called the Heart of a Dog,.
Basically a comedic tale on Frankenstein lines but without the terror.
I'll recommend one to you If you like for when you have a free 1.5hrs.
A Czech or Hungarian offering without subs, Sorgyari Capricccio.
I think it's a fairly Modern offering looking back to early 20th century and set in a brewery.
Simple life tale, made me laugh so much.

Last edited:

Otis

Guess I'm tainted Otis ,a full on Europhile me, that's where I draw on for Culture, not the God fearing land of the free.
I frequently find myself watching old continental films ,some without subtitles and still get the point.
Some of them are so humourous and I feel don't follow the set, formulaic genres you find in the West.
Last week I watched an old Russian B+W called the Heart of a Dog,.
Basically a comedic tale on Frankenstein lines but without the terror.
I'll recommend one to you If you like for when you have a free 1.5hrs.
A Chek or Hungarian offering without subs, Sorgyari Capricccio.
I think it's a fairly Modern offering looking back to early 20th century and set in a brewery.
Simple life tale, made me laugh so much.
It's weird. I used to like foreign films and art house pics etc and didn't mind the subtitles at all, but now I have gone full circle and back to mainstream.

I really like to look at expressions on faces and when I am reading the subtitles I am not doing that and I find that detracts from the performance for me.

Mcbean

I like subtitles for foreign made progs i think it intensifies the experience - The Bridge - the original TV Larsen trilogy was very gritty - i like the shortened dialogue

Sky_Blue_Daz

This week's Westworld episode?

If that's what you are talking about , Daz, I agree.

Been described as posssibly the best ever epsiode by some.
Yes sorry I meant this weeks episode the shot out scene was very good, just hope it continues to get better

Otis

Yes sorry I meant this weeks episode the shot out scene was very good, just hope it continues to get better
It's getting more and more intriguing and I love the way it is so current in terms of what is going on in the world right now (identity theft, rise of the robots, the search for longevity, the need for more virtual reality etc)

I am expecting Ford to turn up at some point.

Mcbean

The wife has given up she cant follow it - could be to do with the vat of wine she drinks every night

Mcbean

too fucked to watch so busy after a full weekend of being pissed - watched the game again on the telly - meant my wife could see goal 1 as she was stuck in the loo in wembley at the time

Otis

Wow !

Mind blowing! !
giphy.gif

Sky_Blue_Daz

That Irish security dude has a shocking accent

Users who are viewing this thread