What’s needed in the next 11 games? (1 Viewer)

stevefloyd

9 wins would give us 91 points and a pretty good goal difference.
Rotherham have 10 games left and would need to win them all to beat 91
Portsmouth have 11 games left and also need to win them all to beat 91
Wycombe can only get 89 if they win them all
Sunderland can only get 88 if they win them all
Rotherham have to play Wycombe, Portsmouth, and Sunderland. I can't see anyone winning all their remaining games.
I think 7 wins and no more that 2 defeats will win us the top spot, 6 wins and 2 to 3 draws for 2nd.
Stop it ...91 for Coventry City fc thats why I have supported them for over 50 years...mental

cc84cov

Rotherham’s forum few fans saying the pressure has really got to them I see us going from strength to strength with the belief of going top

Londonccfcfan

Every week teams around us in top 8 will be playing eachother and dropping points.

Its not like 2 or 3 teams will run away with it like usual.

So expect points auto target should be lower.

skybluesam66

if we assume no other team gets more than 2.2 points per game - which is a very high ratio

we then need 1.7 points per game for promotion

or 5 wins, 4 draws and 2 defeats from the remaining 11 games

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I'd maybe consider giving Kelly a rest.

He could probably do with one, but he is that experienced head in the centre. Hopefully no midweek game will give him time to recover.

It would be nice if we could actually see out a game comfortably to have the choice to rest him later on, probably by bringing Allen back and having Shipley further up, but I can't see him not starting unless he really isn't fit.

skybluesam66

a quick calculation
if all of the top 8 win their home games against each other and then take 2.5 points per game from all other fixtures
Then 82 points gets promotion and 83 the title

so 18 or 19 points - I still think 20 to be sure of promotion
W 6 D 2 L 3

Mucca Mad Boys

Personally, my gut feeling is we’ll probably lose 1 game, and draw 3-4 games - winning the rest.

Teams around us have lost a lot more than us, and a lot of teams still to play one another. We’ll win the league if we can get 21-23 more points from the run-in. 6 wins, 3 draws as a base requirement.

Hoping some of the bottom 6 turn over some of the top 6 at this point of the season!

Sky Blue Harry H

Our home games are against better teams than our away games. Tough run, but so have others. Don't think more than 2 teams will exceed 82, so that's the first target for me..

lord_garrincha

There was a similar(ish) thread when there were 17 games left, and I commented that 10 wins, 5 draws & 2 defeats would be enough for promotion.

So to have half of the ten wins already with 11 to go shows we are in a bloody good position.

I doubt anyone would take 5 wins, 4 draws & 2 defeats now... but it may be enough!

Johhny Blue

What is needed now is team support. Put the politics aside for a couple of months and get your arses on the seats. It would be a huge boost for the players.

SkyBlueDom26

What's your favorite colour?

Sky Blue
;)

theferret

I find the supreme confidence of some a little unnerving (not so much on here, but some fans have reached peak gloat on social media and it's adding to my anxiety). There is a long way to go. Bad runs and dips in form can happen. Our worst 11 game run this season yielded only 12 points out of 33 (28/9-14/12). A repeat of that and we'll fall short. I'm not saying we will, and I don't think we'll have a run like that, but it has happened this season with this team, so we'd be foolish to get complacent. I'm sure MR won't be, but it only takes a defeat (which may come Saturday for all we know) for confidence to take a hit and doubts creep in. Got to stay strong and take the bad results if/when they come, but this is far from done and there will be plenty of twists and turns yet.

Otis

I find the supreme confidence of some a little unnerving (not so much on here, but some fans have reached peak gloat on social media and it's adding to my anxiety). There is a long way to go. Bad runs and dips in form can happen. Our worst 11 game run this season yielded only 12 points out of 33 (28/9-14/12). A repeat of that and we'll fall short. I'm not saying we will, and I don't think we'll have a run like that, but it has happened this season with this team, so we'd be foolish to get complacent. I'm sure MR won't be, but it only takes a defeat (which may come Saturday for all we know) for confidence to take a hit and doubts creep in. Got to stay strong and take the bad results if/when they come, but this is far from done and there will be plenty of twists and turns yet.
Biggest worry to me is injuries to key players. If say Dabo, Godden and Marosi got injured, that would be a concern for sure.

We have stayed very healthy lately, which has been a big bonus.

Long may it continue.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Biggest worry to me is injuries to key players. If say Dabo, Godden and Marosi got injured, that would be a concern for sure.

We have stayed very healthy lately, which has been a big bonus.

Long may it continue.

Yep. I often find that team that do well are those that've largely stayed injury free. Of course we've had major injuries to Jobello, Jones hasn't played a part etc and the rest have been to U23/bit part players.

Arguably this is an advantage compared to a series of short-term two-three weeks tweaks and strains which result in constant personnel changes. With them being out for the season you can just write them out of the equation and plan long term to be without them. Had Jobello had a month out would we have changed formation or just muddled through as we were until he was fit? Instead we've had a largely settled line-up with one or two who can be interchanged. I hope that stays that way.

Users who are viewing this thread