What are the play-offs worth? (1 Viewer)

skybluesam66

Robins did say after the game, that we are in a much better financial state now, than we were this time last year
As regards the Ricoh - My £299 season ticket at £13 a game is only £10.83 after VAT and that is not a concession rate

I think for yesterday £25 is probably not too far wide of the mark
50*£25*25% = £312k - so at least £250k net , £100k for Semis and £50k for merchandise etc - so £400k windfall

Manchester_sky_blue

I assumed there would be some sort of additional prize money from the EFL for being promoted via the play offs but there isn't - all league 2 clubs get a basic award from the EFL of £472,000 regardless of final league position.

SkyBlueCRJ

Robins did say after the game, that we are in a much better financial state now, than we were this time last year
As regards the Ricoh - My £299 season ticket at £13 a game is only £10.83 after VAT and that is not a concession rate

I think for yesterday £25 is probably not too far wide of the mark
50*£25*25% = £312k - so at least £250k net , £100k for Semis and £50k for merchandise etc - so £400k windfall

We must've earned a fair bit from being on TV as well surely?

scottccfc

It's in the EFL rules that were posted on here a few days ago. I simply cant be arsed to go and find the thread. Same set of rules saying the proceeds of the final (excluding the tv money) were split 50% to the EFL and 25% to each of the two clubs.
they had to pay for those oversized trophies some how

ceetee

That seems quite improbable. Why would the club fleece the fans for £45 for a new shirt if they were not going to gain financially from the transaction. I would imagine there is simply some form of net profit share in place for all merchandise subject to various minimums etc.
Nobody was fleeced.

You don't have to buy them. After all, look how many retro shirts there were yesterday, all worn by fans supporting the team

ceetee

We could have come second or third, achieved automatic promotion, and had less to show for it than 25% of the revenues.
I don't suppose Wycombe won a cup either

Users who are viewing this thread