What are you currently listening to? (7 Viewers)

torchomatic

This: 20230605_121853.jpg

Finham

Heard Tom Grennan (for the first time in my life) performing at half-time during Soccer Aid. It wasn't great, but it was slightly better than the vast majority of pop music today-in that they had musicians and I could hear the lyrics and stuff. Like a really crap Elton.

He did alright as a player too, but seems to be mainly pace and effort over skill!

Sick Boy

Heard Tom Grennan (for the first time in my life) performing at half-time during Soccer Aid. It wasn't great, but it was slightly better than the vast majority of pop music today-in that they had musicians and I could hear the lyrics and stuff. Like a really crap Elton.

He did alright as a player too, but seems to be mainly pace and effort over skill!
He’d be a hit with our fans then.

JAM See

If you know you know y'know.

Attachments

• PXL_20230624_152544431 (1).jpg
    PXL_20230624_152544431 (1).jpg
    3 MB · Views: 24

Terry_dactyl

Would love to have gone but couldn't make it.
They're a brilliant live band, seen them a few times.
Mrs D saw them back in the day also. Wish I’d had my act together when I was younger.
It was also my first stadium gig. I wasn’t hopeful but the atmosphere, sound etc was great.

Terry_dactyl

Anyhow......as @Finham recently brought to my attention the fact that my link to a wave pictures tune got deleted in the recent mad thread hijacked by boosh, I thought I'd stick this one up instead.

Frankly, the solo towards the end is what Gibson SG's were built for. Guitar genius.

That’s great! I’ve not heard them before.

torchomatic

M83 - Oblivion soundtrack.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

M83 - Oblivion soundtrack.

I actually named one of the chapters in my book 'I'm Sending You Away' (every chapter has a song which is relevant in mood and subject). The music is ridiculously good from that film though, and M83 in general is just talented as hell.

Here's a few clips that I would recommend without hesitation:

clint van damme

Probably the best headline set I’ve seen there!

I'd agree.
Probably the best headline set I've seen at a festival, onthe main stage at least.
Saw them a few times and they've always delivered.
Saw them at the NEC years ago, been to watch us play villa in the day, we got spanked and I nearly got arrested for getting into an altercation with their mascot!

Terry_dactyl

Blur seem to be everywhere at the moment…which is no bad thing.

Graham Coxon was on the Off Menu podcast with Ed Gamble and James Acaster. I thought he was funny.

Users who are viewing this thread