What are your favourite City games? (1 Viewer)

I_8_Doyle

Villa 0 - 1 Cov when Moldovan scored in the FA Cup. Always remember it well as I was sitting in the Villa end and went mental when we scored.

Gillingham 2 - 5 Cov. Brilliant atmosphere, great game, good goals and a Richard Shaw screamer to finish!

Cov 2 - 1 Villa at Highfield Road, Rousell & Keano scoring. Best atmosphere ever and a packed out ground.

Leicester 0 - 2 Cov. Filbert street, Dublin at centre half scores twice! Was in the Leicester directors box which was fun.

Southend 2 - 3 Cov. What a day that was. Start to finish was superb!

There's a few of my more modern ones.

I'd add some pre-season ones but I doubt many will remember them! I've seen us score 10 in one game (in Germany) which was pretty special!!!

I_8_Doyle

Macclesfield? Notts Forest? He scored hat-tricks in those games which were back to back. That was a later season though.

He aslo bagged one at Elland Road in a 3 - 3 draw.

C

COV & VILLA

mine was the celtic game 4 richard shaw testamonial. it was gr8 atomosphere & a nice trip abroad 4 those celtic fans; i hope they enjoyed there holiday in a civilized country. they drink 2 much & i couldn't understand them but they made it wicked nite for shawsy. it was a gr8 game & good 2 see cov stuff them. my uncle was guttid. i miss dennis wise.

my next faverit game would be when the ricoh opened > QPR. that was gr8 atomosphere. all those old players & jimmy hill singing the sky blue song. even the ntl (tesco) stand were singing that day. it was tremedously exciting when jorgenson scored the 1st ever goal at the arena.

x

lew

probs say my favourite are.

Coventry 7 - 0 Macclesfield my first ever fa cup game 1997 i think

Southend 2 - 3 Coventry 06/07 season great game, one of my first away games

West Brom 2 - 4 Coventry BOING BOING

Man u 0 - 2 Coventry Need i explain.

Beating Villa 4-1 i think in my first derby match

Special memories

Gray

Beating liverpool 5-1 think it was 93 borrows scored 2
Beating Villa 3-0 a couple of weeks later not that you could see anything due to the fog
Giving kevin presman stick for the whole match against sheff wed once
Lots of matches in the Robbie Keane season when we had chamionship winning for at home but didn't win a single match away all season

SkyBlueJim

Best game was for me sat in the North Bank at Highbury and seeing the Micky Quinn hat trick - along with the obvious other ones like OT & Wembley.

my 1st game was against oldham at highfield road, i went with my uncle, he was a bit weird probably had some mental health issues and has since moved to manchester, i think the score was 1-1

skybluetony176

This for me. Sneaked into the home crowd and was far from alone. Everytime we scored the stewards had to come in and drag some celebrating Cov fans out. By the time the forth went in (what a goal) the Villa fans had already left in droves and in the Doug Ellis stand it was pretty much just Coventry fans. We all celebrated so did most around us and the stewards had give up and no one got thrown out. Great day.

Brylowes

Ahhhh that was the one!

Where am I thinking for Huckerby hat trick?
Opening game of season about 20 years ago we beat Chelsea 3-2 and I'm sure
Dublin got a hat trick, don't know weather your getting mixed up with this.
Other games:
Cov 3-2 Utd , with hucks solo goal.
Cov 4-0 Liverpool, Gibson hat trick f
Forest 1-4 Cov . ?
Cov 5-4 Forest .
Cov 2-1 villa . Rousel & Keane
Obviously semifinal v Leeds and final v Spurs
But the best game I can remember was
Cov 5-4 Norwich around 77/ 78 this game had absolutely everything and then some .

JulianDarbyFTW

The 4-3 defeat to Middlesboro, with Speedie playing like the magician he was. Hat-trick of headers iirc. Middlesboro had John Byrne score a hat-trick that day, too.

Micky Quinn's debut, when he scored 2 against Man City and I spent far too long giving Keith Curle dog's abuse.

And of course, 3-2 vs Man Utd under the floodlights. The reason I want to keep night games forever.

Brylowes

The 4-3 defeat to Middlesboro, with Speedie playing like the magician he was. Hat-trick of headers iirc. Middlesboro had John Byrne score a hat-trick that day, too.

Micky Quinn's debut, when he scored 2 against Man City and I spent far too long giving Keith Curle dog's abuse.

And of course, 3-2 vs Man Utd under the floodlights. The reason I want to keep night games forever.
I thought 3-2 v Utd was a Saturday afternoon, unless you're talking about a different 3-2 of course.

JulianDarbyFTW

I thought 3-2 v Utd was a Saturday afternoon, unless you're talking about a different 3-2 of course.

The Huckerby one was a Tuesday evening iirc..? It was a few years ago, mind!

Edit: Google says it was a Sunday. My memory is obviously shit. Down with night games, then.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

My top 5 for being at for all very different reasons-

3-2 at home to united (at 8 that was as good as football gets)
4-1 at Villa park (sat in the Villa end what a day)
5-2 win at Gillingham (that football under Eric Black & Shaws goal)
4-1 win the cup at Ewood Park (Dele's goal!!!)
6-2 v Derby (HR's special send off)

Kingokings204

Gillingham this season was a great game and atmosphere. To win and go top of the league was a great day.

Also for me I think it was the first season in the championship we played man city at home and won 4-3 with a last minute David Thompson winner. What a game.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Gillingham this season was a great game and atmosphere. To win and go top of the league was a great day.

Also for me I think it was the first season in the championship we played man city at home and won 4-3 with a last minute David Thompson winner. What a game.

Oh that Man City game midweek under lights at Highfield Road!
What a cracker that was!!

Speedies_Chips

I think Bernie Slaven scored the hat-trick for Middleborough (never heard of John Byrne tbh).

mrtrench

1977-78 City 5 Norwich 4. I was in the West End - most exciting game I remember.

rondog1973

Best game was for me sat in the North Bank at Highbury and seeing the Micky Quinn hat trick - along with the obvious other ones like OT & Wembley.
You'd have had a job sitting in the North bank because for that season it was demolished and replaced with a cardboard frieze!

Speedies_Chips

You'd have had a job sitting in the North bank because for that season it was demolished and replaced with a cardboard frieze!
I was thinking that. I am sure we we squeezed in at the side. level with the penalty area with a crap view. Just shows how the passing of time changes peoples memories of events.

Seamus1

Cov 3 West ham 2 (League cup semi)
Cov 3 Man u 2
Cov 3 Spurs 2
Cov 3 Leeds 2
Cov 3 Southend 2
Cov 3 Preston 2 (JPT)
and a couple of Cov 3 Peterboro 2
not that I have OCD or anything

How about Cov 3 Arsenal 2, Boxing Day 1999? Best match I have ever been at, end to end attacking football by two of the most entertaining teams in the Premiership that season. Still have no idea how Robbie Keane scored our third when he was going the wrong way

Users who are viewing this thread