What area of Coventry has the highest amount of City fans per capita? (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Warwick and Leamington?

pipkin73

Living out here I can't really answer, but I do meet loads of Cov fans out here. Almost all have moved away from Coventry. Think this is one of our major problems, we have the fan base but due to work etc lots of us have moved away. The important thing is getting the new generation, without them we are screwed.

Otis

I can only go by my neighbours.

ST holders next door and a City fan next door to them.

Other side are Macedonians, so they don't count and then next door to them is another City fan.

Don't really know anyone past that, but that's a healthy proportion.

CovInEssex

The club would know which postcodes are highest on their database.

I would guess CV6

Wouldn't say it correlates with die hard fans though, you'd be on there if you bought 1 ticket in 2007- in fact they could use the season ticket db

Liquid Gold

Would be interested to know what percentage of our season ticket holders are outside the city.

I think Cov has a similar problem with a lot of cities with a drain of people moving away, either young people to places with more opportunity or retirees to somewhere with a better pace of life and these are replaced by migrants with no affinity with the football team. Moving on from the Usain Bolt thread we should be targeting the Polish communities etc as they are often football mad.

clint van damme

Would be interested to know what percentage of our season ticket holders are outside the city.

I think Cov has a similar problem with a lot of cities with a drain of people moving away, either young people to places with more opportunity or retirees to somewhere with a better pace of life and these are replaced by migrants with no affinity with the football team. Moving on from the Usain Bolt thread we should be targeting the Polish communities etc as they are often football mad.

Back when we were in the premier (I think Stracham era) there was a study done on the ST demographic of all the clubs in the EPL at the time and we had a bigger percentage of season ticket holders from outside a 40 mile radius than Man U.

mark82

Unfortunately going to games live is key to keeping young supporters. Without that why would they follow us? Ultimately it will be easier for them to follow other teams who are on TV regularly as that will be what they are exposed to.

This probably won't be a popular opinion but I honestly believe those that have been boycotting, particularly those with children, are doing massive long term damage to the club. There is a generation of fans who could be lost to the club even once Sisi are long gone. There's probably still time to fix it at the moment but the longer it goes on the more damage will be done.

mark82

Yeah, it doesn't help. You could pull in the migrants but you have to give some incentive for them to come. More family day type incentives would be good. I know last time was a bit crap but you have to keep putting the effort in to pull the families in and hopefully reap the rewards in the long term.

Users who are viewing this thread