What do you want to see on SBT? (2012) (1 Viewer)

LloydyCCFC

A section on pubs and where to drink for both home and away games, dont know how hard that would be, and get people to rate them?

Nick

Administrator
Im happy to add lots of content but it just needs people to write it and help write it :(

I can switch the cms on so it is more than just a forum but that relies on people to write news, match reports etc.

Paxman II

Nick the license is a difficulty when it comes to who can do commentary. Would have to ask about that one.

As for radio on the internet - that's not a problem at all and we could have a phone in and do our own thing.
It would need dedication, small bit of kit, dedicated phone line and willingness to work it from home or office.

We could have a weekly recorded show broadcast with guest appearances such as OSB talking sense, old players willing to have a chat and maybe even today's players.

superskyblue

Im happy to add lots of content but it just needs people to write it and help write it :(

I can switch the cms on so it is more than just a forum but that relies on people to write news, match reports etc.

Could maybe allocate match reports on a week by week basis? I'd certainly be happy to do a few throughout the season.

Nick

Administrator
Nick the license is a difficulty when it comes to who can do commentary. Would have to ask about that one.

As for radio on the internet - that's not a problem at all and we could have a phone in and do our own thing.
It would need dedication, small bit of kit, dedicated phone line and willingness to work it from home or office.

We could have a weekly recorded show broadcast with guest appearances such as OSB talking sense, old players willing to have a chat and maybe even today's players.

Again a great idea but a lot of work!

Disorganised1

Some good ideas here, mine is a lot simpler, I'd like a diskike button.

Brighton Sky Blue

Weekly features and articles are a good idea but are difficult to maintain because of the time commitment they require-saying that, Otis is a posting machine so there's no reason why it couldn't be done. I'd also say that a Blog section would be good for the featured articles others have already suggested-and might not be a bad place to put some of the longer posts either. One of the Brighton forums has a decent example of one: http://northstandchat.com/blog/category/following-the-albion/ Just a thought, but seems a good extra way to encourage debate.

Nick

Administrator
Weekly features and articles are a good idea but are difficult to maintain because of the time commitment they require-saying that, Otis is a posting machine so there's no reason why it couldn't be done. I'd also say that a Blog section would be good for the featured articles others have already suggested-and might not be a bad place to put some of the longer posts either. One of the Brighton forums has a decent example of one: http://northstandchat.com/blog/category/following-the-albion/ Just a thought, but seems a good extra way to encourage debate.

More than happy to do this but it just requires the writers! That is the hard part :(

Brighton Sky Blue

It doesn't need to be a fixed weekly effort, just posts as and when people want to write them-mainly as I don't think the forum's the right place for overly long posts better suited to a blog entry :)

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Nick maybe you should assign or ask people who want to do site projects, writing, getting this info you need and the radio idea surely somebody will step forward and work on project for the site, its well easy to fire ideas which alot here a very good but there big scale ideas that need bit work and time put into them but would be worth it for the site!

Covstu

A little more interactive on the mobile version, more arcade games, away days a great idea and more anti sisu threads as we don't have many!

ccfcdan

I enjoy the site in its current state, if I was to have anything changed then it would be more posters join up! I've noticed that there's allways a hell of a lot of watchers of this site compared to members. Is it worth restricting some areas of the Forum to member only?

Sbarcher

Would be good to have say 50 replies each page. Save in my old fingers.

Nick

Administrator
I enjoy the site in its current state, if I was to have anything changed then it would be more posters join up! I've noticed that there's allways a hell of a lot of watchers of this site compared to members. Is it worth restricting some areas of the Forum to member only?

I have tried restricting it, it just didnt work :( some people just like to read!

dongonzalos

I have to say I love the site and love posting on it.

However I have experienced this myself and noticed it mentioned a couple of times on previous posts by other people.
I dont think it should be a CCFC general chat and Board/finance discussion as a seperate area.

Persoanlly I would prefer if it was simply split into two All CCFC relevant posts and a any other topics section.

Not sure if this is a personal preference but it does seem that quite a few people have suggested this in the past. Is it worth taking a poll?

However once again thanks awesome site

Nick

Administrator
I kept it as a seperate area literally to try and seperate the football (ccfc) talk and the finance talk. Sometimes people get fed up with the board / takeover talk.

Hopefully we will be taken over soon so wont have any need for it :)

In terms of turning it into a full site rather than a forum again, would people want this?

As the Sky Blues enter uncharted territory for the club, as an overseas fan I'd like to see more insider info from club staff & players. In Div.3 I don't expect too much if any televised games or news.

CCFC Germany

I really thought about it a couple of days and just wanted to let you guys know that I actually like it as it is ! :D

Stevec189

HAving recently purchased an iPAD the mobile version could do with a spruce up. Navigating is not easy and I seem to have to constantly log back in which is a pain (but I guess cookies are a problem on mobile devices?) The Radio thing sounds a good idea but agree with Nick it requires a lot of work. Maybe some sort of less interactive podcast would be a better way to start?

As for the match day reporting maybe if you could get a few volunteers to write this since not many people go to every match (and even less next season!) and then work out each month who is going to cover what?

Think the blog / article page is a good idea and I think you might get one article a month. Keep it broad to start and maybe someone could kick it off with an article about Euro 2012?

Away day page is a good idea as is the ability to allow friendly away fans to have a corner of the web site to come on and leave comments. Personally not bothered about games - loads of sites have these all ready!

Finally a big thanks to Nick for keeping the site up and running for little or no reward. Thanks Nick!

aloisiwouldhavescored

I have to say I love the site and love posting on it.

However I have experienced this myself and noticed it mentioned a couple of times on previous posts by other people.
I dont think it should be a CCFC general chat and Board/finance discussion as a seperate area.

Persoanlly I would prefer if it was simply split into two All CCFC relevant posts and a any other topics section.

Not sure if this is a personal preference but it does seem that quite a few people have suggested this in the past. Is it worth taking a poll?

However once again thanks awesome site

Think it is a great site, keep up the good work, it is the only decent site to get fans' CCFC views. Think I would prefer to see it split into two - all things CCFC, then anything else.

I would like to see a weekly or monthly update on the injured players, surely someone at Ryton could help with that! Without any reserve matches (great shame!) any more, we don't get to see the players coming back from injury and how they are doing, also the youngsters just getting into the team.

Nick

Administrator
The thing with all of these updates and insider information is getting the information. If the CET are struggling to get info from inside CCFC then there is no chance for us to get any. If anybody does have any media contacts then feel free to send them over and I can contact them to see if they would send us news / give us access to info.

Nick

Administrator
HAving recently purchased an iPAD the mobile version could do with a spruce up.

Have a look for an App called Tapatalk, it is about 99p I think but well worth it for using the site on an ipad / iphone / android device :)

Senior Vick from Alicante

HAvent had time to read every comment so if its repeated then sorry but any chance of getting a forum with Fisher organised to enable us to ask some proper questions Nick?

How about a link to live streams of City games, though I realse that'll be challenging given we're now in League 1.
Agree on an away days section for park, eat, ticket prices etc

Nick

Administrator
The thing with away day sections and all of the articles is having people write the information. It will literally be hours of work writing them all up and making them half decent.

In terms of streams, we have the streams posted on here whenever there is one :)

mark82

The thing with away day sections and all of the articles is having people write the information. It will literally be hours of work writing them all up and making them half decent.

In terms of streams, we have the streams posted on here whenever there is one :)

I would be happy to put some work into an away day section if you like.

wafw1971

How about setting up a thread for away games, how to get there, pubs in the area, what kit will we be wearing etc. :D

Covstu

What about tips on how to get to home games as they were a few thousand people missing last year and probably more this year!

Is it possible to get an overview of all of my posts? Maybe under my profile or something. It would make it easier to track posts. At the moment I post and come back and have to search for the thread.

Users who are viewing this thread