What does Wembley mean to you? (1 Viewer)

Bennosdancingfeet

for me, it's a day on the piss with thousands of other fed up city fans and possibly the last time we have a big away day for the foreseeable.

I don't give a shit about the result, sad as hell that the one thing I'm only looking forward too once inside the stadium is the sky blue song sang loud and proud by 30k+ fans. A song that as a kid made me fall in love with going up the city some 33 years ago.

Sisu, thanks for killing the club but you'll be gone and we will rise up again.

Enjoy your day ladies and gentleman.

clint van damme

taking my son to Wembley, even if by some miracle we start getting there regularly he'll be going with his mates in a year or two so this is probably the last chance.

Covstu

Yep mainly a piss up but never been to the new Wembley yet.

Also show just how big our fan base are, even though we are divided

PurpleBin

Same as another guy said - seeing City at Wembley will be a bucket list type event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

Went in 87 with my dad and brother and this time taking my dad and my oldest son, probably the last game I will go to with my dad as he has lost interest and spends more time talking about bloody rugby even though he knows I have no interest 2nd game for my son and last until Sisu go as I am done after this season.

Great_Expectations

Some sort of payback for watching years of disappointment, relegation and a merry go round of awful players and appalling managers.

Plus, the chance to go to Wembley with my dad who I've had a ST with for 20 years (bar Sixfields) and watch the team we support play at the national stadium with 30k other sky blues.

And of course, any excuse for an all dayer/ale trail in London is most welcome.

wingy

for me, it's a day on the piss with thousands of other fed up city fans and possibly the last time we have a big away day for the foreseeable.

I don't give a shit about the result, sad as hell that the one thing I'm only looking forward too once inside the stadium is the sky blue song sang loud and proud by 30k+ fans. A song that as a kid made me fall in love with going up the city some 33 years ago.

Sisu, thanks for killing the club but you'll be gone and we will rise up again.

Enjoy your day ladies and gentleman.
All of that and a hope the sun shines for us and on us. B-)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Looking forward to seeing the biggest coming together of city fans since 1987. Looking forward to being at the new Wembley for the first time, to taking my grown up kids and their granddad who hasn't been since the 1960s. . It will be a proud day for me and one I will remember for a long time. If we lose, it doesn't matter too much.

no_loyalty

It is my ultimate dream seeing City at Wembley, missed out in 87 (was only 11) and seen us fail at the final hurdle against Forest in the league cup, Reading in the Simod cup and Crewe in the JPT

Esoterica

In no particular order:
  • A first trip to the new Wembley.
  • Possibly the only chance to see my first love play at Wembley in my adult lifetime. (I mean CCFC, although Lameiras does have LOVELY eyes)
  • A display of peacock feathers from 40k sky blues showing that despite years of abject shite, we're still the best fans in the country.
  • A trip back to Blighty for an expensive piss up.
  • A weekend away from the missus.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

It is my ultimate dream seeing City at Wembley, missed out in 87 (was only 11) and seen us fail at the final hurdle against Forest in the league cup, Reading in the Simod cup and Crewe in the JPT
Funnily enough the Simod Cup match was a real hostile and exhilarating match as I recall. The ground was pretty full and there was a real antagonistic atmosphere between the two sets of fans.

scottccfc

Never in my wildest dreams did I think I'll be watching ccfc at Wembley.
Rare day out with my dad and eldest lad

Adge

Was there both times in 87 and have had a season ticket 32 years and my son is bored with me telling him stories about Regis/Bennett/Dublin/Huckerby/McAllister/Keane et al and our miraculous escapes in the top flight. He has had a season ticket for 13 years so has lived in a bin of crap during that time supporting Ccfc. I asked him who the best player he had seen in that time play for us and the best he came up with was Westwood,Keogh and Ben Turner. Compare that to the list above and to the shower and jokers we call "footballers" who represent our club now. :banghead:
We are putting all the crap to the side for the day and will be singing out load along with 40000 others, supporting the "team" and having a good day together before we hang up our season tickets after the Scunthorpe game and while Sisu remain.
I'm glad my son is getting his day in the sunshine and seeing his team at Wembley-at least the shithouses in charge won't be able to take that away from him.

afan4life

A great day out with like minded friends,family and strangers ..singing out loud and showing the world (and Sisu) how many people love this Club of mine #pusb

ohitsaidwalker king power

Was there both times in 87 and have had a season ticket 32 years and my son is bored with me telling him stories about Regis/Bennett/Dublin/Huckerby/McAllister/Keane et al and our miraculous escapes in the top flight. He has had a season ticket for 13 years so has lived in a bin of crap during that time supporting Ccfc. I asked him who the best player he had seen in that time play for us and the best he came up with was Westwood,Keogh and Ben Turner. Compare that to the list above and to the shower and jokers we call "footballers" who represent our club now. :banghead:
We are putting all the crap to the side for the day and will be singing out load along with 40000 others, supporting the "team" and having a good day together before we hang up our season tickets after the Scunthorpe game and while Sisu remain.
I'm glad my son is getting his day in the sunshine and seeing his team at Wembley-at least the shithouses in charge won't be able to take that away from him.

Ditto

W

westcountry_skyblue

First time back at Wembley since 87,So staying over with mates on the sunday hoping the Skyblue army takeover London!!

torchomatic

Once in a lifetime experience for my lad. I went in 87 and that was 30 years ago, so the chance tonsee CCFC at the national stadium doesn't happen every day.

Kingokings204

I wasn't born in 87 so for me it's seeing cov at wembley for the first and most likely last time ever. It's the "I was there" moments and the result means not a lot to me.

CovBurty

I see Wembley only as the home of England and pride of place to host a real cup final. The FA Cup. Been reduced as just a place for a jolly for semi's, play offs, club hi-jacks and shit cup finals. Not the same as what is was.

But then I did get to see City beat the feather-pluckers Spurs when Wembley was a fans dream day out. When Wembley was harder to achieve as a club. Now any fooker can get there. Shit or not so shit.

Sorry.

Calista

I see Wembley only as the home of England and pride of place to host a real cup final. The FA Cup. Been reduced as just a place for a jolly for semi's, play offs, club hi-jacks and shit cup finals. Not the same as what is was.

But then I did get to see City beat the feather-pluckers Spurs when Wembley was a fans dream day out. When Wembley was harder to achieve as a club. Now any fooker can get there. Shit or not so shit.

Sorry.

I get what you’re saying but based on that, short of winning a major trophy, NOTHING is going to please you. So best stop following CCFC right now.

It’s like we haven’t had a holiday in decades, and we can all fantasise about a luxury Caribbean cruise or a month in the Seychelles. But what’s on the table now is a memorable short break away with the people that matter to us, and I’m going to enjoy every minute. If you want to turn your nose up at it and wait until that dream trip comes along, best of luck.

singers_pore

This will be only my third time at Wembley and my first time at the new Wembley. My two previous visits were the Cup final and Charity Shield in 1987. I have seen England play quite a few times but only away from home, never at Wembley.

Essexrobbie

I was there in 87 and and if i die and can only retain one bit of memory ...it would be that one. Better than my wedding day...better than the birth of three kids...better than getting your first car....better than your first kiss and sh*g....so if I cant get a ticket this time round, I just feel happy for all you guys that can. Just remember to sing and be proud whatever way the game goes, and know the country will be watching so please no sisu protests that will put a blot on the city and club.

I'd love to go but there's no way I'll be able to get tickets. As a result my interest level has reverted to exactly where it was prior to us reaching the final.

I watch the livescores every match and wish I hadn't bothered by the end. This final shall be exactly the same.

Gosford Green

Sort of press ganged into it. My eldest would be mortified if I did not go with him as he blames me for first taking him to Highfield Road.

I went in 1987 which was the most glorious thing I could ever have imagined as a CCFC fan.
Here we are 30 years later about to be relegated to the old fourth division with a totally useless team and in charge are people that are going to destroy the club very soon. As the end might be imminent I am trying to wean myself off the club like in the Sixfields period so any enthusiasm is proving difficult.

Sorry. You did ask.

Ashdown

Well I've bit the bullet and ordered a couple of tickets for Wembley. They are selling Block 547 now, which is high up. Got £28 tickets, not ideal, but as others say, it's a few beers in the capital and a good chance to see a large gathering of Sky Blues. Tonnes of seats left though, I still say most that want to go shall be able to get there, although I still maintain the bandwagon and snowball effect could easily see us sell out by match day.
PUSB !

Bumberclart

Its a chance to see the look on my daughters faces when they walk into the stadium bowl. I remember walking into the old Wembley for the first time as a kid and being totally blown away.
I honestly feel like this is a last hurrah for City. It feels like it could almost be a wake. A bit like the last day at HR. One massive party, but it feels like something special is dying.

Users who are viewing this thread