What Happened? (1 Viewer)

ccfcdale

What the hell happened yesterday? I mean recently we've been poor but yesterday was pick of the pile? We were slow and second to everything over the park. I do think we look a completely different team without Reda. Yesterday was absolutely abysmal players are paid thousands of pounds a week and they think it's okay to play like they did yesterday. I think the only consistent players this season have been Obrien and Fleck. Fleck was poor yesterday though. I do like SP but I feel sometimes he's tac tics leave a lot to be desired. Sometimes seems clueless when we go a goal down. What does everyone else think?

Gray

Preston squeezed everything into the middle we had no width so had no way through. Was a case of a manager with tactics and a manager with none

KersleyDigs

What the hell happened yesterday? I mean recently we've been poor but yesterday was pick of the pile? We were slow and second to everything over the park. I do think we look a completely different team without Reda. Yesterday was absolutely abysmal players are paid thousands of pounds a week and they think it's okay to play like they did yesterday. I think the only consistent players this season have been Obrien and Fleck. Fleck was poor yesterday though. I do like SP but I feel sometimes he's tac tics leave a lot to be desired. Sometimes seems clueless when we go a goal down. What does everyone else think?

I have to say that I am very surprised you haven't included Willis?! In my opinion the best defender on the park yesterday and probably so far this year....

Grendel

I have to say that I am very surprised you haven't included Willis?! In my opinion the best defender on the park yesterday and probably so far this year....

Agreed he looks very impressive

bradwellskyblues

defence is not the problem its the wing backs who are not getting forward and the midfield 3 are not creating any chances,the strikers are crap but they are getting no service,have been to all the last 3 defeats and we have barely created a decent chance since we scored at scunny

Otis

defence is not the problem its the wing backs who are not getting forward and the midfield 3 are not creating any chances,the strikers are crap but they are getting no service,have been to all the last 3 defeats and we have barely created a decent chance since we scored at scunny

Haynes on the left can't get forwards. he is being targeted by the opposition and being denied space and no one is going out wide to support him when he has the ball, so invariably he either has to pass it long or inside.

Clarke is getting more space to move forwards, but again is getting very little support.

Not so sure the strikers are crap. Just not getting the service. It's not as if the strikers are getting lots of chances and missing them is it. I think Nouble and Jackson should be more that good enough for League One.

Terry Gibson's perm

Wrong formation for the players we have and the side still lacks pace and power we just get pushed over by the rougher teams.

Otis

Wrong formation for the players we have and the side still lacks pace and power we just get pushed over by the rougher teams.

We have some degree of pace (Haynes is quick, as is Clarke, as is Jackson and Fleck is no slouch either. Not seen Coulibaly much at all, but he's supposed to be fast), but we do lack strength for sure.

We've been here before when we have got outmuscled. makes me wonder why we went for players like Swanson, who looks like a little boy lost at times.

Terry Gibson's perm

We have some degree of pace (Haynes is quick, as is Clarke, as is Jackson and Fleck is no slouch either. Not seen Coulibaly much at all, but he's supposed to be fast), but we do lack strength for sure.

We've been here before when we have got outmuscled. makes me wonder why we went for players like Swanson, who looks like a little boy lost at times.

First time I had Swanson yesterday and looked like a player who will be accepting a pay off!

Haynes is quick but has no stamina as he is young I think he looks shot at about 60 mins.

In the summer they panic signed (would love to have said panic bought!)

stupot07

Thanks Otis, I've never laughed so hard. That's really cheered me up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

First time I had Swanson yesterday and looked like a player who will be accepting a pay off!

Haynes is quick but has no stamina as he is young I think he looks shot at about 60 mins.

In the summer they panic signed (would love to have said panic bought!)

You may well be right. Not been overly impressed with anyone yet to be honest, O'Brien apart.

Hoping Johnson will be a boon to the squad and that Nouble and Jackson will start bagging us goals with regularity, but McQuoid doesn't impress me much, Alsop and Tudgay and Swanson, not at all.

It is still early days though, but Swanson's lightweightedness does worry me greatly.

Terry Gibson's perm

O'Brien in spells and Johnson have been ok. Nouble and Jackson have a lot to offer. The rest are hopeless and the goalkeeper isn't that good.

Grendel

Haynes isn't quick at all - next game compare his workrate to Jordan Clarke. He is laboured when back tracking. Fleck? Dear oh dear Otis. Kevin McDonald had more pace.

Otis

Fleck has many attributes but pace is not one of them.

Think he is quite quick to be honest, but can only do about 15 yard bursts and then he's knackered.

Think it was either Gillingham or Yeovil where he had the ball in lots of space and he ran straight at the opposition defence, and definitely at pace, weaving his way as he went.

He started off fast enough, did run out of steam though after about 15 yards. I think little bursts is about as good as you get with him. Besides, I didn't say he had pace, just that he was no slouch. I certainly wouldn't describe him as slow.

I do think Haynes is quick. I have have seen zippy attackers get past him andhe has managed to catch up with them when chasing back.

Last edited:

letsallsingtogether

Bit like Micky Quinn he said he was the fastest striker over 2 yards :D
Think he is quite quick to be honest, but can only do about 15 yard bursts and then he's knackered.

Think it was either Gillingham or Yeovil where he had the ball in lots of space and he ran straight at the opposition defence, and definitely at pace, weaving his way as he went.

He started off fast enough, did run out of steam though after about 15 yards. I think little bursts is about as good as you get with him. Besides, I didn't say he had pace, just that he was no slouch. I certainly wouldn't describe him as slow.

I do think Haynes is quick. I have have seen zippy attackers get past him andhe has managed to catch up with them.

Otis

Bit like Micky Quinn he said he was the fastest striker over 2 yards :D

Well, have to put my hand up and say that with us at Sixfields and my not doing away games, I didn't see him at all last season. Can only judge on what I have seen this and at one point in one game he had the ball in our half and sprinted (or maybe have been half-sprinted :D) into the opposition half. He couldn't sustain it past about 15 yards though for sure.

ccfcdale

I must say as well I thought Haynes defensive display yesterday was encouraging as I've questioned him defiensvely but I thought he was good saturday. Willis looks okay and has played okay.

Nick

Administrator
To be fair against Gillingham, Fleck did pull some pace from somewhere a couple of times.

Otis

To be fair against Gillingham, Fleck did pull some pace from somewhere a couple of times.

Thanks, Nick. :D

Wasn't trying to say he was fast, just not a slouch, but maybe I haven't seen enough of him. Don't think we have too many slow players I would have said.

Webster .... Johnson ...... Tudgay? Can't think of any others at the moment. Maybe I have missed someone.

Users who are viewing this thread