What if…? (2 Viewers)

Skyblueweeman

What if Jarni stayed more than 48 hours?

What if monkey butlers were a thing?

What if we had never employed MR?

What if Dublin didn't go to Villa?

What if we replaced Robbie Keane with someone other than Lee Hughes?

skyblue1991

What if Kevin Kyle didn't score the last minute goal against QPR in 2007 which would've meant relegation in 2008

Danceswithhorses

I think this has been discussed before...Clough was close to managing us.. big what if
Yes, he and Peter Taylor had agreed terms with Derek Robbins, but wanted 24 hours to tell the Derby chairman.
Apparently Clough then requested a further 2 weeks to think about it further, but Cov got the feeling he was messing them around and eventually withdrew the contract.

duffer

Its a stretch, but what if WW2 never happened?

We had Harry Storer as manager from 1931 and he transformed the club- this is the guy that Brian Clough named as his inspration. We finished 2nd, 3rd, 1st in the third tier, and 8th, 4th & 4th in the second tier- we were heading up. When he took over we were getting less than 10k per game, by 1939 we were getting 26k per game, we were the 8th best supported team in the country- 10k more than Leicester, 5k more than Derby & Leeds, the same as Birmingham, all of those were in the top division.

We were absolutely nailed on to become a top division team in 1940 with very big support- 27 years before we did get there.

Brilliant post. I never knew any of that history... (Edit: Apart from WWII, I think I saw that mentioned briefly somewhere) :)

fatso

What if Froggatt hadn't got injured ?
What if Emerson hadnt got injured?
What if Lee Hurst hadnt got injured?

What if we had kept Burge?
What if Bellamy could swing a banjo?

fatso

What if Stuart Pearce hadn't chopped kevin Gallagher in half in that cup game at the city ground in 1990 ? And even better what if the ref had red carded him instead of bottling it?

Happy_Martian

Some recent ones...

What if....

... we hadn't won at Wembley beating Exeter ? Burst the bubble, fans walk away, less cash etc..
... Robins hadn't got us promoted in his first full season in League 2 ? Would we still be down there ?
... COH had decided to fight for his place at Villa and took one of the contracts offered to him ?
... Joy and SiSu had got together with the Wasps management, had a great dinner with drinks and never fell out ?

COV

What if Garry Thompson hadn't scored that own goal v West Ham in the semi final in 1981..

A wembley cup final, and the resulting income meaning we didn't have to dismantle the best crop of talented young players we've arguably ever had? No need to convert to all seater & chop 16,000 off the HR Capacity?

Happy_Martian

What if Stuart Pearce hadn't chopped kevin Gallagher in half in that cup game at the city ground? And even better what if the ref had red carded him instead of bottling it?

Think we're talking about the semi final in the League Cup (yeah, I was there :( ) though I thought it was Speedie, not Gally.

What if the ref had seen the ball get blown about in the air before it struck Cyrilles arm and not given a penalty ?
What if the ref had seen Steve Hodge pushing half the Cov wall out of the way and disallowed Pearce's freekick winner ?

Happy_Martian

That's saying 'manager is' though - the apostrophe replaces the letter I....come on,you're better than this

Apostrophe also used for something owned by someone. Bill's shop, Robins' love of anything Cov ;)

Sky_Blue_Daz

What if

Clough had taken the job

Jarni had stayed

We won the quarter final in 98

Robbins hadnt left first time round

Happy_Martian

What if Darius Henderson hadn't fallen over the ball when clean through at Peterborough away

LOL. He seems to have disappeared after those skillz made his name :p Last seen at Enfield 4 years ago.....

Grendel

What if Bryan Richardson had not been forced out the club

Greggs

the window that Whelan kicked was perspex?

Users who are viewing this thread