What is realistically going to happen to CCFC? (1 Viewer)

covpete

I am a massive cov fan, living in leicester! I have had a season ticket for years with my son, I still can't believe what has happened to us! I don't want to ever give Sisu another penny but I am concerned that under the fair play regulations it could make us a non league club if we don't attend! Where does our club realistically go from here, do we really want to watch non league football at cov united or sphinx? I am starting to think as supporters we have lost and our club may cease to exist, what is sensibly an answer before we lose our beloved club for good?

dongonzalos

I think if you don't attend then the quicker SISU will go
I think by attending the longer they will stay.
Looking at the statistics, the longer SISU stay the greater the chance of non league football.

Womble

Currently your club is being fucked up the arse by pricks. To remove these pricks you have to think of how to get rid of them. It's probably going to be a little painful especially if you have to whip them out aggressively rather than them pulling out gently.

Stop thinking of league position and take action of getting YOUR club back and into the control of coventry fans. Being a cov fan is about supporting the best team you guys can get to represent your club on a Saturday afternoon. What division that is isn't a big deal if you think what these ass abusers are currently doing.

covpete

I agree but I think ACL have shafted us aswell, we know Sisu's full of crap we've seen that. But I think ACL want to keep a share in the ricoh even if its 50%! Is it good enough to own half of an amazing stadium like the Ricoh if you take into consideration the new fair play regulations? In my honest opinion ACL may need to give in or we will be liquidated! I detest SISU with a passion but I think they"ll stick aroumd till they win, if they don't they'll just dissapear and we will be nonleague!

dongonzalos

Under SISU we are in division three
According to them 75 million in debt
We are sharing a 7k capacity ground for up to the next 5 years a 70 mile round trip away.
A 7 k capacity stadium include away fans speaks for itself regarding ambition.

Yes I can see your non league fear and as it stands SISU are leading us to it.

Don't attend them there are others and they are not the only show in town.

BrisbaneBronco

HI, CovPete.
Can you give an Illustration or an example of how ACL have shafted the Fans,

Tankie,

You must agree that the rent was way too high
You must also agree that no access to FB has hurt the club
And what about the costs SISU have had to pay on top ie, phone, electric, gas, maintenance etc.
SISU are the pits, but ACL/CCC have milked us, not SISU's/ACL or CCC fault, the blame lies with the likes of MM/GR/BR et al.
We all know that SISU are trying to distress ACL and are trying to get the stadium etc on the cheap. But ACL/CCC as far as we know will not sell to SISU. I am sure that if they were prepared to, then things would be different. Also, the sooner SISU are able to unite CCFC with stadium and revenues, then the sooner they will sell and fuck off.

italiahorse

HI, CovPete.
Can you give an Illustration or an example of how ACL have shafted the Fans,

It can only be them charging the 'agreed rent' or not wanting to give the stadium to SISU for 'next to nothing'.
Or perhaps it was them attempting to put CCFC into administration because TF threatened to liquidate the club rather than pay the rent.

italiahorse

Tankie,

You must agree that the rent was way too high
You must also agree that no access to FB has hurt the club
And what about the costs SISU have had to pay on top ie, phone, electric, gas, maintenance etc.
SISU are the pits, but ACL/CCC have milked us, not SISU's/ACL or CCC fault, the blame lies with the likes of MM/GR/BR et al.
We all know that SISU are trying to distress ACL and are trying to get the stadium etc on the cheap. But ACL/CCC as far as we know will not sell to SISU. I am sure that if they were prepared to, then things would be different. Also, the sooner SISU are able to unite CCFC with stadium and revenues, then the sooner they will sell and fuck off.

ACL will sell for what its worth.

Sisued

Why should they sell to the company who owe them money? Do you think any agreed fee would be paid in full ?

CCFC_GT

I agree but I think ACL have shafted us aswell, we know Sisu's full of crap we've seen that. But I think ACL want to keep a share in the ricoh even if its 50%! Is it good enough to own half of an amazing stadium like the Ricoh if you take into consideration the new fair play regulations? In my honest opinion ACL may need to give in or we will be liquidated! I detest SISU with a passion but I think they"ll stick aroumd till they win, if they don't they'll just dissapear and we will be nonleague!

I agree that ACL have had some hand in the ruination of the club (mainly as a result of CCC greed), and initially although I also blamed SISU in large part for it's mismanagement of the club, I wanted a better deal for the club and to that extent supported SISU in the attempt to negotiate a better deal. The turning point for me was when PWKH told us that a deal was agreed by SISU at a meeting, which was then denied by TF. My gut instinct is that PWKH is a genuine, honest and sincere person, and that either TF isn't or he was overruled by JS. The subsequent stubborn point blank refusal by TF to even try to restart negotiations with ACL, despite ACL making it clear that they are prepared to talk, and the unforgiveable decision by SISU to move CCFC to Northampton, mean that for me we have to rid ourselves of SISU first and then turn our attention to ACL.

T

true sky blue

i cant believe our fans still think we wont be playing at the ricoh!! the end game is this:

Sisu "either sell us the ricoh or we play in Northampton, no income for the ricoh - acl and higgs - ricoh goes out of business and the city council £14 million pounds worse off (parliament wont be happy)"

ACL "we dont want to sell and instead will destroy the club by rejecting the payback deal and keep the club in administration, leading to liquidation - no more coventry city fc"

that is the be all and end all of this saga and nothing previous to it matters because that is now where we are at. so you can blame sisu and acl or either but the fact is until there is a way for these 2 groups to come together city will play in Northampton and in the end most likely be liquidated.

however!!! is that realistic ? no it isnt, because once the nerves kick in with a week to go before the season starts both parties will start negotiations (in secret of course) and it is then that one or both will have no choice but to back down. my guess is the revenues and 50% of the ricoh will be sold to sisu/otium and Acl will agree to be a more silent partner in the ricoh. the club will be back home, season tickets will fly through the roof because of the relief and we will probably have the best season for a long time. that is what i beleive will happen.

the alternative is both companies go out of business..... now as if they are going to allow that to happen, they are in business to make money not lose it. defies the whole object of business, so can we not be patient - calm down a bit and actually see this through to the season starting. the Northampton thing for me is a good bluff. hats off to sisu for their ingenuity.

italiahorse

I agree that ACL have had some hand in the ruination of the club (mainly as a result of CCC greed), and initially although I also blamed SISU in large part for it's mismanagement of the club, I wanted a better deal for the club and to that extent supported SISU in the attempt to negotiate a better deal. The turning point for me was when PWKH told us that a deal was agreed by SISU at a meeting, which was then denied by TF. My gut instinct is that PWKH is a genuine, honest and sincere person, and that either TF isn't or he was overruled by JS. The subsequent stubborn point blank refusal by TF to even try to restart negotiations with ACL, despite ACL making it clear that they are prepared to talk, and the unforgiveable decision by SISU to move CCFC to Northampton, mean that for me we have to rid ourselves of SISU first and then turn our attention to ACL.

At some point I hope someone rights down this period in History.

The reason for selling HR
The buying of land for the Ricoh and how it fell through
How CCC got where they did and what were the directors doing.
Tesco
SISU buying the club.
All the details of the current situation.
Behind the scenes at SISU, ACL, CCFC, CCC

and the fairy tale ending ..........
SISU selling to the American. ACL selling to the American and the climb to the Premiership.

italiahorse

I have not seen a statement anywhere since this debacle started from ACL/CCC, saying that they would be prepared sell to SISU.
It would help if ACL/CCC would clarify this.

If someone offers what it is valued at they will sell. SISU won't offer the full value. IMO

CCFC_GT

i cant believe our fans still think we wont be playing at the ricoh!! the end game is this:

Sisu "either sell us the ricoh or we play in Northampton, no income for the ricoh - acl and higgs - ricoh goes out of business and the city council £14 million pounds worse off (parliament wont be happy)"

ACL "we dont want to sell and instead will destroy the club by rejecting the payback deal and keep the club in administration, leading to liquidation - no more coventry city fc"

that is the be all and end all of this saga and nothing previous to it matters because that is now where we are at. so you can blame sisu and acl or either but the fact is until there is a way for these 2 groups to come together city will play in Northampton and in the end most likely be liquidated.

however!!! is that realistic ? no it isnt, because once the nerves kick in with a week to go before the season starts both parties will start negotiations (in secret of course) and it is then that one or both will have no choice but to back down. my guess is the revenues and 50% of the ricoh will be sold to sisu/otium and Acl will agree to be a more silent partner in the ricoh. the club will be back home, season tickets will fly through the roof because of the relief and we will probably have the best season for a long time. that is what i beleive will happen.

the alternative is both companies go out of business..... now as if they are going to allow that to happen, they are in business to make money not lose it. defies the whole object of business, so can we not be patient - calm down a bit and actually see this through to the season starting. the Northampton thing for me is a good bluff. hats off to sisu for their ingenuity.

Phew ... that's a relief.

BrisbaneBronco

If someone offers what it is valued at they will sell. SISU won't offer the full value. IMO

So ACL/CCC should make sale price public and then we can compare with SISU's master plan of ground share and new stadium.
My opinion is that neither ACL or CCC will relinquish 100% to ANYONE

T

true sky blue

So ACL/CCC should make sale price public and then we can compare with SISU's master plan of ground share and new stadium.

exactly, they need a good mediator, such as the minister for sports

J

Jack Griffin

I think its been said that they want to be sure of new owners intentions over a period of several years before relinquishing the lot. Once bitten twice shy.

Users who are viewing this thread