What is your local pub?` (1 Viewer)

Kuklinski

I bought a brand new pair of Lacoste shoes back in the day, £140 I think. The 1st time I wore them some bird in Finbars stepped backwards in her stiletto heels and put a scrape straight across the front & side. I was devastated.

I also saw it go off in there enough times.

Macca

what was that pub nearly opposite the old swanswell at the bottom of the hillfields flats, the Jubilee?? That was an unwelcoming place!

Macca

I bought a brand new pair of Lacoste shoes back in the day, £140 I think. The 1st time I wore them some bird in Finbars stepped backwards in her stiletto heels and put a scrape straight across the front & side. I was devastated.

I also saw it go off in there enough times.

had a similar penchant for expensive clothing back in the day, used to bug me that you could get turned away for wearing casual sportswear that had cost a bomb yet get let in with a 5 quid suit from the indoor market!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
When I lived in Tile Hill it used to be................

Cov7.jpg

But now................... ;)

100_1720.jpg

Houchens Head

How about adding to the thread. Roughest pub you have drunk in? Coventry or otherwise

I used to be a barman in the old "Live and Let Live" in Wood End from 1970 -1971! EXTREMELY rough! Anyone remember it?

Macca

I used to be a barman in the old "Live and Let Live" in Wood End from 1970 -1971! EXTREMELY rough! Anyone remember it?

awesome and you lived to tell the tale! Yep remember it just, been closed a few years mind.

do you remember the Jubilee I referred to earlier?

also a pub in lambeth close manor farm, bottom of the high rise there, name escapes me

skybluedan

before i moved used to be the radford for me or the wallace,grapes but had to be the whitmore which i used to get more spangled at on a regular basis

Houchens Head

awesome and you lived to tell the tale! Yep remember it just, been closed a few years mind.

do you remember the Jubilee I referred to earlier?

also a pub in lambeth close manor farm, bottom of the high rise there, name escapes me

I remember the Jubilee being built in 1977 (to mark the Queens Silver Jubilee). The pub near Lambeth close was the Shire Horse (Caradoc Close). Almost as bad as the White Horse in Broad Park Road!

Houchens Head

Didn't the Shire Horse get burnt down?

Not sure on that LG. I moved from Manor Farm in 1993 and lived in Spon End for a couple of years. Spent 1996 - 2010 in Tile Hill. Never liked the Black Prince! Not rough enough for me!! :D I only used the Newlands when trying to impress the ladies!

Regis87

Anyone remember The Thistle in the arcade ? Real pub rough and ready . What about The Oz / Nobbys place and the legendary Busters where they sold you red stripe out of a warm can

Covstu

Devonshire Arms for me, but my local local is The Wheel.

I sometimes drink in the Barras Social Club and occasionaly in the Rose & Woodbine.

In town my favorite pub is The Campbell.

Snap on the Devon mate, worked there for 6 years in my youth!!

ccfctommy

I remember the Jubilee being built in 1977 (to mark the Queens Silver Jubilee). The pub near Lambeth close was the Shire Horse (Caradoc Close). Almost as bad as the White Horse in Broad Park Road!

The Shire Horse was indeed burnt down with the landlord and his wife living in it, thankfully they escaped. My dad used to play for and run their football team years ago.

White Horse in Wood End is closed now apparently and the Live And Let Live is no longer standing.

Kuklinski

The Shire Horse was a friend of mines regular drinking haunt for years, he died last week. Rest in peace Henry Hughes.

Houchens Head

Anyone remember The Thistle in the arcade ? Real pub rough and ready . What about The Oz / Nobbys place and the legendary Busters where they sold you red stripe out of a warm can

I got barred from the Thistle in 1974! I was celebrating my 21st birthday with some mates and things got a wee bit out of hand! :whistle:A fair bit of furniture went sailing through the air that night!

ccfcdan

before i moved used to be the radford for me or the wallace,grapes but had to be the whitmore which i used to get more spangled at on a regular basis

The Whitmore, Grew up on Sadler road so my dad was always in there! Its all gone now though. Made way for a care home :(

ICHAN

Used to be any of the pubs in longford mainly the saracens head before I moved and the saracens got shut down many years ago.

ccfctommy

yeah it's a dive, if want a better pub in that area I would suggest The Wheel.

I don't know when the last time you went in The Wheel but I wouldent reccomend it. Its gone downhill in the last few years and the lager is very hit and miss and its £2.85 a pint.

Kuklinski

Shame aint it i know his sons Nick and Paul, shame there not about at the min for the mum

Yes. Nick is going to the funeral but Dilly is giving it a miss. Each to their own I guess but if it was my Dad I'd be going.

I'm going anyway out of respect. I'm good friends with both Nick & Dilly. I was at Henry's 60th about 4 or 5 years ago. It was a who's who of criminals and associates, lol.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread