What needs to happen in Jan window (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

Out:

3 senior keepers - Collins is new, Wilson is not Champ standard and Moore has an easy life. Moore needs to be sent out on loan at least if not a free. Sign a quality keeper if Collins isn’t given a chance and proves his worth.

Fadz - not quite out of the door but he moves to the bench as a back up player. He’s out the door in summer for sure.

Ayari - back to Brighton. Waste of space and money. Doesn’t have the balls for Championship football.

CoH - if he hasn’t signed a contract by Xmas move him out if someone offers a big transfer fee for him, an even a few million? He can of course talk to any clubs from Jan. However, is it worth just keeping him till the end of the season and say farewell? Quite possibly as we won’t be able to replace him quality wise. Depends on his fitness as well.

Tavares - he’s never a Championship footballer and he needs to be sent out on loan to regain fitness and game time.

In:

GK - top quality keeper needed. I like Johansson of Rotherham.

CB - we need a quality CB who knows this division. Just get whoever that is to replace Fadz. It’s a priority.

CM - we need a dynamic midfield player who can hit the ground running. Box to box action player. Will cost a decent sum no doubt.

CM - need another experienced CM player who knows this division and can be relied upon. Could be a loan.

ST - potentially if Tavares sent out.

Mucca Mad Boys

The biggest area in need of improvement is undoubtedly midfield. Not only are we short on numbers, we’re short on quality.

In all the games so far, we’ve generally struggled to create clear cut chances and in games where we’ve threw away leads, the midfield has lost control.

Yes, COH and Palmer are to come back, but we need someone who can play further back. The Hamer direct passes to Gyo was crucial to our success last season and I do think we could have success with Wright in a similar fashion.

TomRad85

Midfield completely neglected in the summer. An AM and 2 CMs in an ideal world.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Otis

The biggest area in need of improvement is undoubtedly midfield. Not only are we short on numbers, we’re short on quality.

In all the games so far, we’ve generally struggled to create clear cut chances and in games where we’ve threw away leads, the midfield has lost control.

Yes, COH and Palmer are to come back, but we need someone who can play further back. The Hamer direct passes to Gyo was crucial to our success last season and I do think we could have success with Wright in a similar fashion.
Agree. The main problem area for me is having a player to fill that Hamer role.

I know we have not been taking our chances up front, but I think that will come.

It's the midfield playmaker we really need and that I feel would really transform our fortunes.

I can't see any way at all that we would bring in yet another keeper.

Mucca Mad Boys

Agree. The main problem area for me is having a player to fill that Hamer role.

I know we have not been taking our chances up front, but I think that will come.

It's the midfield playmaker we really need and that I feel would really transform our fortunes.

I can't see any way at all that we would bring in yet another keeper.

At WBA game there was a guy berated Wright for ‘just standing there’ several times when we were passing around the edge of the box. My thoughts to that were a) we were playing too conservatively to play a risky pass and b) he does make a lot of runs higher up the pitch.

All our strikers do, but I do think that Sheaf, Eccles, Kelly and Allen aren’t those types of players. Hamer would play those balls and it kept defences honest and now we’re too predictable and easy to defend against.

Wright, Godden and Simms have all had 2 goal games now which suggests to me the problem isn’t them, it’s their suppliers.

Defensively we’ve been a lot less solid too but I can see the potential upside of Lati, Kitching, Binks and Thomas. I do think this season is the year Father Time catches up to McFadz unfortunately. Even Wilson looks a lot more frail and his position should start to be questioned.

Greggs

Someone with massive bollocks who is older than 23

1ccfc

Is there a potential question mark over giving MR more transfer funds, based on how the summer has gone? I'm not sure what the answer is, but I'd be nervous if I were DK.

Otis

200.gif

slowpoke

We are able to bring in three loans, yes they cost high wages but that’s only until May, cheaper than three fees and three four year contracts, I’d go centre-half, attacking midfield and striker.

Hertsccfc

Out:

3 senior keepers - Collins is new, Wilson is not Champ standard and Moore has an easy life. Moore needs to be sent out on loan at least if not a free. Sign a quality keeper if Collins isn’t given a chance and proves his worth.

Fadz - not quite out of the door but he moves to the bench as a back up player. He’s out the door in summer for sure.

Ayari - back to Brighton. Waste of space and money. Doesn’t have the balls for Championship football.

CoH - if he hasn’t signed a contract by Xmas move him out if someone offers a big transfer fee for him, an even a few million? He can of course talk to any clubs from Jan. However, is it worth just keeping him till the end of the season and say farewell? Quite possibly as we won’t be able to replace him quality wise. Depends on his fitness as well.

Tavares - he’s never a Championship footballer and he needs to be sent out on loan to regain fitness and game time.

In:

GK - top quality keeper needed. I like Johansson of Rotherham.

CB - we need a quality CB who knows this division. Just get whoever that is to replace Fadz. It’s a priority.

CM - we need a dynamic midfield player who can hit the ground running. Box to box action player. Will cost a decent sum no doubt.

CM - need another experienced CM player who knows this division and can be relied upon. Could be a loan.

ST - potentially if Tavares sent out.
No one will pay good money for O'Hare in January. He would need to be playing regularly and showing he can get up to the level he was pre injuries before that happened.

I think he would be crazy not to sign a contract with us, albeit maybe inly a short term one. However I think we would want to be sure about his return to first team standard first.

SBT

I don’t think it’s a good idea to try and fix a team that’s already struggling to find its identity by doing another total squad overhaul in January.

Bring in one or two difference-makers to add quality in the areas that really need it (CM, AM) and leave any big rebuilds until the summer.

Hertsccfc

I don’t think it’s a good idea to try and fix a team that’s already struggling to find its identity by doing another total squad overhaul in January.

Bring in one or two difference-makers to add quality in the areas that really need it (CM, AM) and leave any big rebuilds until the summer.
Yes I think spending big in January could be a big mistake. Very easy to waste money and end up with more players on long term contracts that we don't need. A couple of top quality loans in the positions you say (Amad Diallo should be fit but doubt he would come here) and an experienced striker on short term contract to help develop Simms and Wright is what we need.

pusbccfc

The Rotherham manger seemed to suggest Johansson would possibly leave in January for a big fee.

I wonder how much he'd seriously cost? Could be offer Wilson or Moore as part of a deal?

SBT

The Rotherham manger seemed to suggest Johansson would possibly leave in January for a big fee.

I wonder how much he'd seriously cost? Could be offer Wilson or Moore as part of a deal?
We are not buying a fourth senior keeper in January, and no Championship team is going to take Wilson or Moore as part-exchange anyway. Their value is almost nil.

pusbccfc

We are not buying a fourth senior keeper in January, and no Championship team is going to take Wilson or Moore as part-exchange anyway. Their value is almost nil.

If Rotherham were losing a keeper, I'd imagine Wilson would be a good replacement. Same with Moore.

shmmeee

Fantasy football magical world where I can wave a wand and players disappear:

Out: All the GKs, Kelly, O’Hare (cash in), Tavares (waste of wages), Fadz (coaching and last resort, not let go)

In: 2 x GK, 2 x CM, AM, ST

More realistic: Moore and O’Hare out, 1 GK and the rest in.

GK - I fail to believe with a couple of mil in your skyrocket you can’t get better than Ben Wilson.
CM x 2 - Twi potential Hamers who can compete with each other or play in a three with Sheaf.
AM - Someone, anyone, with a final ball and the ability to score. Ideally does set pieces too why not?
ST - Another option for the three and to give us something Wright and Simms don’t. We lost Walker Vik and Waghorn and only got two in so we’re a man down here anyway. Ideally a target man type who can make the ball stick better.

shmmeee

£2m should get you a decent keeper, surely?

£600k is fuck all these days. He wasn’t even Barnsley’s first choice keeper FFS.

SBT

Why are we desperate to sack off Collins all of a sudden? Did he do something wrong?

TomRad85

If Rotherham were losing a keeper, I'd imagine Wilson would be a good replacement. Same with Moore.
Good for us maybe, we could do without them gaining any more ground so sticking either of those 2 in their net would be ideal.

shmmeee

Why are we desperate to sack off Collins all of a sudden? Did he do something wrong?

Fail to easily get in ahead of Wilson in current form. And when he did play look every bit as dodgy. Also as mentioned failed to get in a L1 side last season.

TomRad85

I guess the thinking is if Robins is still playing paper hands ahead of him then he can't be up to much, but personally I'd like to see him play before making that call. Feel it's probably just a case of Robins misplaced loyalty.

Reactions: SBT

shmmeee

I guess the thinking is if Robins is still playing paper hands ahead of him then he can't be up to much, but personally I'd like to see him play before making that call. Feel it's probably just a case of Robins misplaced loyalty.

He was garbage in the cup.

shmmeee

Was he? Don’t recall him doing much wrong. But sure, let’s ship him out, he’s had his chance.

It all feel a bit “Tavares is back soon” to me. There’s a reason players have the careers they have. We never would have signed him if he wasn’t ex Chelsea. He might be a fine backup but we’ve got two of them already. We need a goalie who commands his area and can kick a ball straight. It’s not too much to ask.

Users who are viewing this thread