What would you do (1 Viewer)

Block19

As the euro millions jackpot is £92 million jackpot if you won it would you:-
A) invest with sisu
B) give sisu £40 million the money they say they have invested and get them out of the club
C) do nothing and sit on beach not thinking about it
D) start a new club up from scratch

Steve.B50

Buy the club

Then give out about 100 free season tickets. Buy around 3 quality players, ban the club from selling anyone under 21.

steveo1987

Big fat C
Take more than £92m to help out,if it was around the £161m that the couple in Falkirk won then I may have considered it.

Diehard Si

Yeah would need to be around 160m as you'd want the whole stadium as well to make it viable.

Then invest in a good coaching network. Sign some quality youngsters and build up a good progressive club.

Astute

Buyout SISU if they are not too greedy. Give AT 5m for players. Buy the Ricoh and develop the land. This would bring in a decent income. Give up work so I wouldn't miss any games. Wouldn't move from where I live though. Love it here. There is an airport on the island where I live. Anyone like to be my pilot?

Otis

Been thinking about this all week.

Think my conclusion was that I would buy players for the club and that I would have ownership of the players and all the rights to any future sale of the players, therefore helping the team and AT but cutting off Sisu from any cut of any profits to be made if the players were to move on a later date.

My idea would be to get players in well within our meagre budget, but to pay these players a hefty signing on fee as a sweetner. Therefore something like £2,000 a week but a £50,000 - £100,000 signing on fee lump sum.

Would try and get the club 4 or 5 really classy players for this level.

If I could afford to buy the club I most certainly would.

Sharpie83

I'd set my own club up only a small one with a nice club house good ground with top facilities. Get some good local players playing for me with good coaches throughput the ages give something back to the community. Sadly would never b able to give money to sisu

Sky Blue Kid

I won the lottery on Saturday, and I'm going to buy a couple of strikers for the team.............................
and if I win a tenner again this Saturday, I'll buy them a couple of defenders too:D

Grendel

I'd give AT a £200,000 cheque and tell him to take 12 months off.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
only thing i would consider funding or backing would be the academy to ensure it kept its status and gives us a future. But it would need to be securely ring fenced from the rest of the financial swamp at CCFC.

Block19

a few people say would not invest in the club so how can you expect sisu to fund the club. I would buy sisu out, invest in a few youth players but have players on an incentive contract. If you get. Promotion you get a good bonus if you lose and play poor lower wage. It would be radical, maybe struggle to sign a few players as agents run football now, but the ones you did sign would have a passion for the club. That is what lacks now players that care for the club..

Senior Vick from Alicante

Would never invest in the club in its current state. Owners have proved they can not be trusted and have a serious lack of financial acumen in this kind of investment. I would have a chat with the Hoff though to see if it was feasable to get them out and to make the club self susstainable. Keep 20 mill invest or loan the rest on an interest free payment which the club could pay back at say 1/4 mill a year. Put in a provision that would see the acadamy safeguarded and make sure that any youngsters bought through are given long term contracts to ward off the bigger boys until at least the age of 21. Also open a supporters club at the ground like we used to have in King Richards street and get a proper football man involved at the top who would be open and honest with the staff and supporters how ever good or bad and start getting the supporters back involved with the club. Think out side the box ie season tickets reduce in price the more times you renew down to a certain level, show rewards for loyalty. Bit of a pipe dream though!

Sutty

I'd have too have won a bit more than that to do it, but I'd negotiate a deal to buy the club, then go on CWR and say I'll only do the deal if 20k people commit to season tickets for the next 3 years.

Nick

Administrator
I wouldn't go near the club, you would need to be a billionaire I think nowadays. 92 million would be nowhere near enough.

SKYBLUESDUNK

If I won the euro millions I would buy The Ricoh(if can be bought for around £40 million) and give the fans up to 25,000 season tickets still allowing more fans to come if they cant make every game for 2 seasons. And sit and live of the rest of the money, and the interest that comes with it, as this will make the club a hell of lot more attractive and then someone can kick sisu out! :)

Astute

If I won the euro millions I would buy The Ricoh(if can be bought for around £40 million) and give the fans up to 25,000 season tickets still allowing more fans to come if they cant make every game for 2 seasons. And sit and live of the rest of the money, and the interest that comes with it, as this will make the club a hell of lot more attractive and then someone can kick sisu out! :)

You missed an R out of your username so I have added it for you :D

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I phoned the Ricoh to enquire about a ticket. I said "I've got £25 to spend". The woman asked me who I wanted to buy! :D

They're starting a new competition next season at the Ricoh. It's called "Spot the Crowd". You have to put an X where you think he's sitting!

Last edited:

ccfcway

I'd pay nothing for the club, and demand it was given to me for nothing

Then I wouldnt pay the rent and demand they reduced the rent

Then I would sell all the players

Then I would buy 2 GK's to keep people sweet

Then i would mortgage off the future season ticket sales

Then I would transfer the assets to a new company

Then I would Hire different directors every month

Nonleagueherewecome

Spend it on contract killers to eliminate SISU.

Nonleagueherewecome

a few people say would not invest in the club so how can you expect sisu to fund the club. I would buy sisu out, invest in a few youth players but have players on an incentive contract. If you get. Promotion you get a good bonus if you lose and play poor lower wage. It would be radical, maybe struggle to sign a few players as agents run football now, but the ones you did sign would have a passion for the club. That is what lacks now players that care for the club..

Well it worked for Cloughie! I got that from the manual of Championship Manager 93: offer low basic contracts and large incentives such as goal, win, clean sheet etc, as used by Clough at Derby and Forest!

RegTheDonk

I'd keep about £20m for myself, friends and family, then if possible.....

....I would offer SISU £10 million to hand the club over and fook off - and put a 7 day deadline on the deal, with the clause that if any hidden bills come in that they took out, they would be responsible for them. Take it or leave it. I would take Fisher to one side and offer him £1m on the quiet to persuade SISU its a good offer. I would then buy as much as the half share of the stadium possible, and set up a trust to ensure all our profits went to the team. No directors getting the mitts on it. If there was any money left, put it towards strenghtening the team.

Users who are viewing this thread