What would your England team be for the euros (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

I think Roy will pick a midfield 3 of Ali, dier and Wilshire

Pipehitterz

As Long as sterling lallana and sturrage don't play, I'm all Good.
Seriously tho, Rooney in midfield , I would take that.
Vardy and Kane have to start up top.

Scares me to think cahill or stones are our only choices too :-\

Hadji10

Why not Lallana? Been brilliant last couple of months.

I'd go with

Hart; Clyne, Smalling, Cahill, Rose; Dier, Drinkwater, Alli; Lallana, Kane, Sturridge.

covmark

As Long as sterling lallana and sturrage don't play, I'm all Good.
Vardy and Kane have to start up top.

Scares me to think cahill or stones are our only choices too :-\
Sturridge is quality, but won't start. Rooney needs to be binned off, he's had his day, got to 50 goals. Fuck him off now.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

CJ_covblaze

Welbeck out for 9 months. Has no luck at all.

Gint11

Reference to Welbecka injury. I know you can't help tackles on the pitch but an awful lot of Arsenal players seem to get injured a lot. Justvsayin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

covmark

Now the seasons over, I really can't wait for the Euros. Wall to wall football for 4 weeks, and hopefully England can give us a little something to cheer about.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Gazolba

<snip>
<snip>

Rooney contributes little in major tournaments. He gives the ball away far too often. His main use would be as a penalty-taker. Bring him on 5 minutes before the end if there is going to be a penalty shootout.

Gazolba

Basically, if we play Rooney in any shape or form, we can forget our chances at the Euros. He should not even be considered for the starting line-up under any circumstances. Keep him on the bench to be introduced under only the most dire emergency.

M&B Stand

Basically, if we play Rooney in any shape or form, we can forget our chances at the Euros. He should not even be considered for the starting line-up under any circumstances. Keep him on the bench to be introduced under only the most dire emergency.

You don't like him do you?

stupot07

I don't think Rooney should be in the starting line up either, but he will start and be captain.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

CJ_covblaze

I don't think Rooney should be in the starting line up either, but he will start and be captain.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'd only play him if we played 442 with a diamond with him at the top of it. In any other formation I'd have Cahill in the back 4 and have him as captain. I'd also put Noble in the squad ahead of Carrick and Henderson. More than deserves his chance.

Hadji10

Rooney cm against a Spain or a Germany where we would have about 20% possession, could you imagine it?

He shouldn't start, simple. But he will.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Welbeck out for 9 months. Has no luck at all.
Not to do with luck imo, something seriously wrong at Arsenal. Welbeck was never injury prone for the 4 years before he joined Arsenal. They are not managing there players correctly, whether they are not giving them enough recovery time after matches or working them too hard in training there is something seriously awry at that club.
All players have had major injury problems at Arsenal over the last 2 years

Welbeck
Ramsey
Cazorla
Walcott
Ox
Rosciky
Arteta
Coquelin
Sanchez
Debuchy

Negligence from Arsenal imo

Gazolba

Not to do with luck imo, something seriously wrong at Arsenal. Welbeck was never injury prone for the 4 years before he joined Arsenal. They are not managing there players correctly, whether they are not giving them enough recovery time after matches or working them too hard in training there is something seriously awry at that club.
All players have had major injury problems at Arsenal over the last 2 years

Welbeck
Ramsey
Cazorla
Walcott
Ox
Rosciky
Arteta
Coquelin
Sanchez
Debuchy

Negligence from Arsenal imo

Or could it be that Wenger prefers the type of player who are prone to injury? When did Arsenal last sign a big, strong, robust player?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Or could it be that Wenger prefers the type of player who are prone to injury? When did Arsenal last sign a big, strong, robust player?
Possibly but did Welbeck, Debuchy, Arteta, Sanzhez, Cazorla ever have injury problems on this scale before joining Arsenal? I don't think they did.

Nathccfc

Suppose the same could be said about Man Utd his season, they had a hell of a lot of injuries through out the season. Read somewhere that they've had about 55 separate injuries throughout this year! I would blamed it on inexperience of managing in England but can't use that excuse with Arsenal...

Look at the poor guy Diaby! He's had enough injuries himself, the whole of an average squad would have had less. He's stole a living really,

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread