Whats happening at the Coventry Telegraph? (1 Viewer)

Orca

Do we have evidence that they threatened to liquidate the club? I know it was claimed by Mutton & CCC as part of their power play when Sisu asked to reduce the rent to a sensible level & were refused.
Because CCC made the claim, it was reported by the Telegraph but Sisu always denied it & there would have been no logical or financial reason for them to do it anyway?

It wasn't just the whole "sell up" campaign either by the Telegraph. They were reporting half truths & one side of the story which annoyed Sisu & then started being overly critical of the players too - the liquidation claim was in 2014 as you say but they weren't banned by the club until late 2016?
Strictly speaking the Coventry City FC Ltd company was liquidated as part of the administration process SISU started, which saw Otium take over the Golden Share.

I know that's not what you meant though. Again like most things, the semantics around what is meant by liquidation by one party versus the other could be argued depending on the view of the parties involved.

Frostie

Strictly speaking the Coventry City FC Ltd company was liquidated as part of the administration process SISU started, which saw Otium take over the Golden Share.

I know that's not what you meant though. Again like most things, the semantics around what is meant by liquidation by one party versus the other could be argued depending on the view of the parties involved.

Yes, of course.
The claim by idiot Mutton (& pounced on by the Telegraph) was that they were going to liquidate the football club which was obviously never even an option but obviously helped their narrative of Sisu = evil.

Users who are viewing this thread