What's on your Christmas day menu (2 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Daz

Im doing turkey, gammon ,goose fat roast potatoes, sprouts, carrots and parsnip mashed together, Yorkshire puds and stuffing
Her mum wants prawn cocktails too so ill have to knock a few of them up

mechaishida

Turkey, Beef, Pork, sausage and bacon rolls (pigs in blankets), my own recipe for crunchy roast potatoes, roast parsnips and the usual veg for everyone but me. I'll have carrots and parsnips but that's it.

Gravy has to be extra thick, made with the meat juices and gravy browning/cornflour. Uhh, what else...STUFFING, god how can I forget proper stuffing.

And trifle for pudding. Plenty of cream.

So after that King's Banquet I plan to sleep for about a week.

Terry Gibson's perm

Probably chicken as wife can't stand turkey, and for me carrots,stuffing, gravy and maybe a Yorkshire pudding, for the kids all of the previous but veg added and they all love mash.

Pudding cant decide but won't be Xmas pudding.

washed down with soft drinks as we are both non drinkers.

Terry Gibson's perm

Might have a McDonald's breakfast!

we once had spaghetti bol as my wife was working on Xmas day.

B-Ban-Boogie

This will be my first Christmas back in England for 11 years (I’ve been back multiple times before just not at Christmas) so anything on the dinner plate will do me just fine.
It will probably be turkey, beef, roast tatties, cabbage, peas and lashings of gravy though and no doubt I’ll finish that off with some trifle…(hmmmm)
To be honest, just being with my family is the most important thing this year.
To bring some Florida culture to the table, I‘m bringing 5 bottles of the locally brewed rum back with me, so my brother and I will be comatosed (sp?) by 3pm!! :D

I must admit, I’m looking forward to Boxing Day more as I bought my Dad, Brother and Nephew tickets to the Port Vale game and it will be the first game my Dad has been to in 15 years!
My Brother is a Spurs fan and has stupidly got his lad to support them too so I’m going to buy the little fella a Cov top, scarf, hat etc to try and convert him…
I’m hoping we play well to help the cause too!!

skyblueinBaku

Breakfast on Christmas morning is always a bacon butty.

For Chrismas dinner it's beef this year, so that means Yorkshire puddings, roast spuds, parsnip and baby squashes, then whatever veg I can get done - peas, broad beans, cabbage, kale, carrots, sprouts. Plenty of leftover veg for bubble and squeak on Boxing Day.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Got a great tip for cooking beef , some people arent sure but I use it alot
Sear the beef in a pan wrap in cling film then putnin the oven on 50 for about 7 hours, beautiful

mrtrench

Yep. Same here. Not us though, just me. My daughter wants to be a vegetarian but her mum won't let her. Culture thing.

Then I am blessed, as we are all veggies. We have two omnivores staying with us this year so I had to buy some turkey slices yesterday. Must be 25 years since the last time we had meat in our basket.

Otis

Then I am blessed, as we are all veggies. We have two omnivores staying with us this year so I had to buy some turkey slices yesterday. Must be 25 years since the last time we had meat in our basket.
Ooh err missus!! ;)

As my wife is Russian, it is a culture thing. She HAS to have meat every day. Every single day without fail, otherwise 'she feels weak!'

Ridiculous I know, but it's how they're brought up over there, so she tries to give my daughter meat every day even though she doesn't want it.

She's 11 now (that's my daughter, not my wife, cos that would just be weird and also a little bit illegal) so she will decide in her own time I guess.

vow

Guinness and Bread sauce...in that order!

stupot07

As my wife is Russian, it is a culture thing. She HAS to have meat every day. Every single day without fail

Is that a euphemism? If so I think my wife's a vegan!!

.....If only she was Russian........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

Otis

Is that a euphemism? If so I think my wife's a vegan!!

.....If only she was Russian........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
Unfortunately, though she loves meat she has gone right off pork swords.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
If God didn't want us to eat meat, he wouldn't have made it so tasty! :D

Houchens Head

Man has eaten meat since the caveman days. I won't be eating a grass diet anytime soon, thanks!

Houchens Head

But then by the same token, if God didn't want us to murder anyone, why did he make it such an adrenaline rush?

I've never murdered anyone so I wouldn't know about an adrenaline rush Otis. How about you?

mechaishida

I get an adrenaline rush if I go more than 60mph in the car, has nowt to do with meat. ;)

I did try a nut roast once, to be honest it wasn't that bad at all.

Users who are viewing this thread