Where are you on the booze calculator (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Off the scale I will not even look

Otis

Off the scale I will not even look
I just put ridiculous amounts down and it said you're nearest to Belarus, the heaviest drinking nation in the world.

If you put zero it says you are closest to Kuwait.

Grendel

I’m more than Belarus.

wingy

My distorted Week has led me to align with Gabon.
Edit
Due to a Rugby Saturday followed by manflu all Week.

Otis

I just did it for the missus and it said she drinks like a Russian, which is good because she is from Russia.

stupot07

Bloody hell, my missus likes a drink and she's off the scale. Must be a symptom of marrying me lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Gazolba

I haven't had any alcohol at all in the past week. I may have had one bottle of cider in the past month.
And I have a couple of bottles of wine I'm saving for Christmas and New Year, one is left over from last Christmas when I never opened it.

Nick

Administrator
I was Kuwait, haven't had anything.

giphy.gif

jimmyhillsfanclub

Apparently I drink more than someone from Belarus which is worrying as I generally only drink fri, sat, sun every week......

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
"You drink as heavily as people from Lithuania, the third heaviest-drinking country in the world"
Bloody Hell! My missus is Lithuanian / Polish! :emoji_confounded:

Marty

Another one for Kuwait here. Haven't had a drop since my holiday about 3 months.

bringbackrattles

Haven't had a drink for a fortnight. But should be going to the game tomorrow, so that's a skinful of lager then.
But cut right down to what I used to drink. Got wise at long last !

Johnnythespider

This week I have been a Magyar, over Christmas and the New year I shall be steeping myself in Whisky, beer, and red wine

Sick Boy

For this week I'm like France but would usually be Kuwait. Seriously thinking about packing it in as well.

Nick

Administrator
I'm not that keen on getting hammered for football. I remember Wembley, bought 6 cans on the way for the train journey that went while sat on the wall waiting as it was delayed. Then a good few more before and at the game.

Have to say, I can't really remember much of it. (It would have been a saving grace for most of the games this season).

I reckon 3 or 4 pints to be merry would be about right, but after football I usually have to drive or do stuff so it puts me out of action for the night then.

NorthernWisdom

I'm not that keen on getting hammered for football. I remember Wembley, bought 6 cans on the way for the train journey that went while sat on the wall waiting as it was delayed. Then a good few more before and at the game.

Have to say, I can't really remember much of it. (It would have been a saving grace for most of the games this season).

I reckon 3 or 4 pints to be merry would be about right, but after football I usually have to drive or do stuff so it puts me out of action for the night then.
Yeah have to admit, even if the game's shit, I'd like to remember what I've paid for.

Seen a fair few games I couldn't tell you anything about, been to grounds I couldn't tell you how to get there... and I dunno what I got out of it really other than a large bill for the tickets and a hangover!

bringbackrattles

I meet up with a few football mates before home games, have a good drink and banter. But pubs don't seem to be that enjoyable now, and for years I was hardly out of boozers.

Nick

Administrator
Yeah have to admit, even if the game's shit, I'd like to remember what I've paid for.

Seen a fair few games I couldn't tell you anything about, been to grounds I couldn't tell you how to get there... and I dunno what I got out of it really other than a large bill for the tickets and a hangover!

Was the same for the Crewe semi final at home. Couldn't tell you a thing about the second half.

Again not such a bad thing.

Nick

Administrator
I meet up with a few football mates before home games, have a good drink and banter. But pubs don't seem to be that enjoyable now, and for years I was hardly out of boozers.

I think pubs aren't the same nowadays, when I was about 16 up to about 22 it would be that we would all meet up in the pub after work. Few games of pool and a couple of drinks, weekend would guaranteed to be in there.

There would be games of killer pool with about 35 - 40 people playing, the old boys, randoms we didn't know etc and could spend hours in there.

Nowadays if you mention to a 16 year old you were in the pub at their age you get funny looks, even away from football being shite it's a dying thing. Don't even get me started on groups of lads who go for coffee. When lots of the young uns go out to town they have "pre drinks" where they go to a house to about 11 and then go straight to a club and skip the pubs.

It died out with us because we all had kids etc so couldn't justify it going straight from work to the pub until about 7, come home for a shower then go back to the pub and see what happens 3 nights a week. It just doesn't seem to have carried on with the generations after.

Sick Boy

I think pubs aren't the same nowadays, when I was about 16 up to about 22 it would be that we would all meet up in the pub after work. Few games of pool and a couple of drinks, weekend would guaranteed to be in there.

There would be games of killer pool with about 35 - 40 people playing, the old boys, randoms we didn't know etc and could spend hours in there.

Nowadays if you mention to a 16 year old you were in the pub at their age you get funny looks, even away from football being shite it's a dying thing. Don't even get me started on groups of lads who go for coffee. When lots of the young uns go out to town they have "pre drinks" where they go to a house to about 11 and then go straight to a club and skip the pubs.

It died out with us because we all had kids etc so couldn't justify it going straight from work to the pub until about 7, come home for a shower then go back to the pub and see what happens 3 nights a week. It just doesn't seem to have carried on with the generations after.

Yeah the gobshites I work with don't really go to pubs and tend to do 'pre-drinks' up until midnight and then go to some wanky club. A lot of it is probably down to pints costing £5er though.

Nick

Administrator
On another note, when I was a youth if a lad drinking a drink that wasn't the colour of beer or cider they weren't right. You get spotted with a Smirnoff Ice and the rumours start, the only time you were allowed one was if you were making a power shandy.

Nowadays you go into a bar (not a pub, it's a bar) and the lads are walking around with all sorts. Bright colours, silly glasses to drink it from, straws and everything.

If you ever see somebody stood in the Holyhead or somewhere like that constantly like this, it's probably me.

giphy.gif

Nick

Administrator
Yeah the gobshites I work with don't really go to pubs and tend to do 'pre-drinks' up until midnight and then go to some wanky club. A lot of it is probably down to pints costing £5er though.

It depends where you go though, some places are still £2.50 - £3.50 a pint. If it's like a city centre bar it will be more but I am talking proper rough local shit holes. (ones that still exist, that aren't flats, houses or local supermarkets now).

I can't post and be PC and post what response somebody would have got if they said "Do you want to come to mine and drink and then go out" back in the day.

bringbackrattles

For years we met up in the pub most nights and weekends. Didn't need to phone each other, you'd just be in the pub and all you're business was done in there. When I drank in the Acorn pub I'd walk the same route at 7oclock every night. My future missus lived near there and would tell me she watched me go past her house at that time. She fell for a piss head who said romance is dead !

Nick

Administrator
For years we met up in the pub most nights and weekends. Didn't need to phone each other, you'd just be in the pub and all you're business was done in there. When I drank in the Acorn pub I'd walk the same route at 7oclock every night. My future missus lived near there and would tell me she watched me go past her house at that time. She fell for a piss head who said romance is dead !

Sounds like the old couples in Wetherspoons who drink halves together, have a pissed up dance and then a fight at closing over something silly. :)

Was the same with us, mobiles were probably just about coming in to contact each other but you could walk in a pub and know most people and be comfortable until one of your mates came in.

Sick Boy

It depends where you go though, some places are still £2.50 - £3.50 a pint. If it's like a city centre bar it will be more but I am talking proper rough local shit holes. (ones that still exist, that aren't flats, houses or local supermarkets now).

I can't post and be PC and post what response somebody would have got if they said "Do you want to come to mine and drink and then go out" back in the day.

Haha I know what you mean, we used to meet up at 4pm on a Friday in town and get in around 6am...no pre-drinks in sight!

I think a lot more are on coke these days though, well stuff that probably 0.1% purity.

Sadly down south a 5er a pint is pretty standard. Even the shithole places are upwards of 4quid.

Users who are viewing this thread