Where does MR sit? (1 Viewer)

Johhny Blue

Longest active serving manager. But where does he rank all time?

Evo1883

Number 1

Running Man Abandon Thread GIF by MOODMAN

Johhny Blue

If you go back a few months and had the choice of:
a) lose both Gyokores and Hamer
Or b) lose MR

Which would you have honestly chosen?

Finham

I don’t recall. Apologies if I missed something.
Yeah during the playoffs it was "where will MR rank if we go up" or something? Lots of people ranked him top regardless, some said it was silly to compare eras, others stuck up for Sillett (and Gordon Milne in a few cases) but generally they were regarded as nothing by comparison to MR.

Johhny Blue

Yeah during the playoffs it was "where will MR rank if we go up" or something? Lots of people ranked him top regardless, some said it was silly to compare eras, others stuck up for Sillett (and Gordon Milne in a few cases) but generally they were regarded as nothing by comparison to MR.
Different question. I was asking only about tenure. Too lazy to look it up. I have people for that.

Finham

Different question. I was asking only about tenure. Too lazy to look it up. I have people for that.
Ah so just who is our longest serving manager? Can the AI look that up?

As you can see, people are answering that he's the best!

Finham

Thanks for the research.
As for other people’s input I only have the King’s English to work with. They either get it or they don’t.
Can you imagine the state of the "Sky Taxi for Robins" threads should Robins break Fred's record in 39 years ( by then aged 92-3)?

Mucca Mad Boys

In terms of impact, there is not a Coventry manager who has turned the fortunes of the club around like Robins has since Jimmy Hill.

Doesn’t mean he was technically the best football mind. But Robins is very comfortably Top 2 of all time.

I’d have rather kept Robins than Hamer and Gyokeres. A manager with good leadership qualities are in shorter supply then a quality midfielder and/or strikers.

Mucca Mad Boys

A for me, although I suspect Viveash is also very important.
It’s not a secret, Robins has credited his team along the way! MR has out together a good team on the pitch and off it!

Include Dennis Lawrence to that too! Remember when he stepped in for MR and Viveash and we battered Sheffield United 4-1!

SkyblueTexan

A

manager over players every time
Unless the manager is Thorne or Slade and the players are Hillsner, DaCosta, Kastaneer, Agogo etc. Then there’s not much to choose between.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

If Mark Robins gets us into the premier league then, number one. 💪

Users who are viewing this thread