Where should away fans be situated (1 Viewer)

Hobo

6,7 and 8 with 9 as a buffer zone.

pusbccfc

they don't as they were in use against boro in the playoffs

the shutters you see aren' the segregation ones, the ones you see are saller crowd control ones design to if need to create kind of "rooms", if you look at the back of the picture there is another that only blocks off theother gap.

The main shutters are behind the picture taker

Ah fair enough.

If they were used for Boro, why not others? Have they been damaged?

pusbccfc

Having home fans behind both goals would be great.

I Also wish we could move the TV cameras over to the West Stand. Would free up a few seats in the East and mean our exceptional atmosphere gets shown off on the TV coverage.

Another thing that was mental yesterday was having 100+ seats blocked off in two sections for cameras.

Is this a thing at other grounds?

torchomatic

In a corner or at the side in the West stand somewhere. Home fans should be behind both goals. The CBS is like no other ground I've ever been to. Home fans penalised in all ways possible. Not only are we inconvenienced on the way into the ground, we now are channelled into a narrow walkway when we walk past the away coaches and club shop. We are sent the long way around when leaving the east stand. We aren't allowed to simply walk to the club shop; fences along the A444 policed by scores of stewards ensure we can't simply go and spend our money.

On the way in we have chaos when queuing. On more than one occasions the queues have been so big that I've heard a head steward say, "just check one in ten". We then have to show our ticket again when going up the stairs into block 17.

We give away fans too many tickets.

Alkhen

Another thing that was mental yesterday was having 100+ seats blocked off in two sections for cameras.

Is this a thing at other grounds?
Yeah really weird, do they not use the gantry anymore?

It's just scaffold platforms blocking a bunch of seats. Makes it more weird they chose the East stand as they could easily set that up opposite

I have noticed a similar set up in the corner of the West Stand under the control room before but that isn't really the right angle for the cameras to catch singers corner

pusbccfc

Yeah really weird, do they not use the gantry anymore?

It's just scaffold platforms blocking a bunch of seats. Makes it more weird they chose the East stand as they could easily set that up opposite

I have noticed a similar set up in the corner of the West Stand under the control room before but that isn't really the right angle for the cameras to catch singers corner

They have multiple cameras but I don't think I've seen the North Stand corner blocked off like that before?

Maybe I'm going mad.

pusbccfc

In a corner or at the side in the West stand somewhere. Home fans should be behind both goals. The CBS is like no other ground I've ever been to. Home fans penalised in all ways possible. Not only are we inconvenienced on the way into the ground, we now are channelled into a narrow walkway when we walk past the away coaches and club shop. We are sent the long way around when leaving the east stand. We aren't allowed to simply walk to the club shop; fences along the A444 policed by scores of stewards ensure we can't simply go and spend our money.

On the way in we have chaos when queuing. On more than one occasions the queues have been so big that I've heard a head steward say, "just check one in ten". We then have to show our ticket again when going up the stairs into block 17.

We give away fans too many tickets.

That's what they were doing yesterday. Random searches.

David O'Day

Unless it's because of the risk? 2000 Boro fans for a Sunday game was never going to be a worry. They may have been adequate for that.
that has no baring, it's just a roller shutter. It was designed for the very purpose of separating home and away fans. Remember the stadium was designed to have 2 sets of fans in the south stand and there was a season we sold season tickets there which only stopped as the take up was rubbish and it wasn't worth their time and the extra cost to keep doing it

Skybluecol

Overall a poor design for stadium with where the train station is but nothing that anyone can do about that
I'll leave away fans where they are....push them into the corner to block 6 and release tickets towards the goal as demand or allocation allows.
We should be able to freely sell Season tickets from block 12 and over time work done to the concourse to allow potential of blocks 11 and 10 to be released on demand To either home or away fans (fix concourse issues)
When demand is not there to open 10 and 11 to home fans then away fans to be shuffled across from 6 to 9 to 8 to 11 and release them more on demand. (Tickets will say block and seat but you can state it's not fixed and a free all?)

Potential nightmare against Leicester with c.200 fans marched with police from old franky and bennys.....under subway and near to singer corner for train.....this was 20mins after kick off.....still busy....few fans had to be split by police but if more fans had stayed around there was potential for mayhem!

torchomatic

That's what they were doing yesterday. Random searches.

Going into the East stand they ALWAYS check everyone 18 and over until they reach the point where they know people aren't going to get into the ground and then they start the random searches. They should check everyone or no-one. THey're shit at searching anyway as there are flares in the ground at every game.

David O'Day

Going into the East stand they ALWAYS check everyone 18 and over until they reach the point where they know people aren't going to get into the ground and then they start the random searches. They should check everyone or no-one. THey're shit at searching anyway as there are flares in the ground at every game.
yeah because they were definitely searching everyone when i got there about 11:45 to 50

torchomatic

yeah because they were definitely searching everyone when i got there about 11:45 to 50

We were going for twenty minutes or so before they started doing random searches, we got in the ground at 12:10 and had been queueing for half-an-hour. Doesn't help that hundreds of people push through the queues to get past. Chaotic. The Arena and the way they penalise home fans has been chaotic since we started getting decent grounds. All the fences they have stuck up everywhere, the dozens of stewards outside. Ridiculous.

David O'Day

We were going for twenty minutes or so before they started doing random searches, we got in the ground at 12:10 and had been queueing for half-an-hour. Doesn't help that hundreds of people push through the queues to get past. Chaotic. The Arena and the way they penalise home fans has been chaotic since we started getting decent grounds. All the fences they have stuck up everywhere, the dozens of stewards outside. Ridiculous.
were you trying to get in the first couple of sets of turnstiles? They was a big queue by them when i got there 9not help by WMPs inability to deal with a group of Leicester who got of the train) so we walked 2 lots of turnstiles up and there was no queue

bigfatronssba

If you could time travel back to 2005 you would put away fans in blocks 24-27. That way you have away fans exciting into car park A, where their coaches can make an easy exit onto the M6.

However in 2024 I would be reluctant to start making such drastic changes to a ground that is finally feeling like home. So it should be kept simple. Away fans to be located in blocks 6-9. Home fans in blocks 10-12, which would just become an extension of singers corner.

Fence outside between the turnstiles to ensure rival fans aren’t queuing up next to each other.

It’s really poor that these things were never considered in the original design

bigfatronssba

Serious comment here - we’re gonna have to rethink a new ground idea if the demand keeps going up. The design of that away end is awful.

Dave Body did say they were looking into it after the Sheffield Wednesday game.
Said it was an ambition to have city fans behind both goals

Marty

I arrived at the stadium yesterday about 12. At each turnstile, the queue was probably 100 deep on everyone, I walked from block 15 (where I sit) all the way round to the Anecdote and all turnstiles were the same. I just got into my seat for kick off.

I think they need to remove the stewards from the stairs for starters.

I would move away fans into the corner 24-27 and give them sole use of the car park behind, plenty of space for parking/coaches with a little fan village thing for somewhere to eat/drink, watch the early kick offs etc.

Reopen car park B with a new access from the A444.

I can't see much changing at all, I can't see the club or Fraser's spending huge amounts on it.

SHUNT31

Serious question and probably one that Pete can put to the club at the next meeting , where is the best place to have away fans whilst giving more room for home fans ?

With the new clubshop being by the away end , which in my humble opinion is poor situated considering away fans are right there and home fans have to mingle through them to get there , shouldn't behind that goal be for home fans ?

Really tough one tbh
In the corner by the north stand. Block 24-26.

Tommo1993

Away fans aside, for safety sake I think they need to revise this area and open it up a bit.

Not accurately drawn. The grass verge between road and railway, and the stairs/ramp towards away end. Not the best idea to be having high crowds and bars dotted along that side.

IMG_1194.jpeg

hamertime

Are we the worst behaved fans or can they one day just open it up?

We go to so many grounds and fans enter the stadium next to each other.

We'll be at Norwich next month where the turnstiles are next to the home end. Even at Sunderland, the turnstiles for the top tier are directly next to the home end.
None of it makes any sense. All this segregation nonsense etc is making it a “thing”. Fans at every ground come out together and go in together and very little bother. There should be a waist high fence between the fans and a 2 seat gap between them that’s it. Just like the sky blue stand at Highfied rd.

Hutch11

Every away game I've been to (bar Millwall last season) the home and away fans leave at the same time into the same areas and there's not been 1 ounce of bovver
As long as you're not a dickhead it's not a problem

David O'Day

at least the ob have finally figured out having a whole block of segregation between them and 13/14/15 was causing more issues than it solved

SkyBlueCV2

Having home fans behind both goals would be great.

I Also wish we could move the TV cameras over to the West Stand. Would free up a few seats in the East and mean our exceptional atmosphere gets shown off on the TV coverage.
Spot on! I hope the TV cameras are moved in the near future as it shouldn't be too difficult. The view currently really doesn't do our improved attendances and fans justice.

Flying Fokker

I hear there’s some sp
Away fans aside, for safety sake I think they need to revise this area and open it up a bit.

Not accurately drawn. The grass verge between road and railway, and the stairs/ramp towards away end. Not the best idea to be having high crowds and bars dotted along that side.

View attachment 33387
Except it’s exactly what the modern game needs.

Leisure retail areas where fans can socialize. The Saturday game was easily managed because there were police and stewards on the ramp up to this area. There were minions running around the green/ a444 path area.
At 11 :40 The ramp was easily covered and on reaching our block 16 outside area, it was clear that everyone was enjoying themselves. Leicester ‘normal’ fans walking through as well. That’s how it should be. There were probably 3-5k city fans outside enjoying the day.

SlowerThanPlatt

In the first few years of the Ricoh the club opened up half of behind the goal (where away fans currently sit) for home fans. I sat there for a season. So all this crap about they can’t split the stand in two is absolute nonsense.
Think that stopped after trouble against PNE when their coaches got bricked?

Flying Fokker

In the first few years of the Ricoh the club opened up half of behind the goal (where away fans currently sit) for home fans. I sat there for a season. So all this crap about they can’t split the stand in two is absolute nonsense.
Me and my son did aswell. It was good being near the goal and the away fans. My only concern is that fans need to keep it to banter.

I remember one game in particular against Blackpool. Their fans went mental when they equalised. They were on their way upwards. There were still 15 columns between us and them unfortunately.

Can’t they just put a Mexican style fence between a couple of rows. Not pretty, but easier to manage.

shmmeee

Could really do with more exits from the site. An exit by Car Park A towards Longford would halve the traffic in that area easily same in Arena Park so everyone doesn’t have to come out onto the A444 no matter where they’re going.

Users who are viewing this thread