Where were you (1 Viewer)

Monners

I paid for my son to go, but couldn't afford it myself. Far too many judgmental people on here, with the emphasis on 'mental'. Hopefully I'll get to a few games when ticket offers make it a reasonable proposition. I used to be a season ticket holder, but that was when I only had myself to pay for and no kids!![/QUOTE]

I feel your pain brother!

Will be taking the boy to his first game soon, so looking forward to that - daughter not so keen though (she used to go , teenagers eh!).

Cranfield Sky Blue

Block 15 season ticket holder... Missed the Gills game as I was on holiday... Was a bit surprised at £4.50 for a bottle of Carlsberg, but it didn't stop me having 2 at half time!!

:eek: :wave:

SkyBlue_Bear83

I paid for my son to go, but couldn't afford it myself. Far too many judgmental people on here, with the emphasis on 'mental'. Hopefully I'll get to a few games when ticket offers make it a reasonable proposition. I used to be a season ticket holder, but that was when I only had myself to pay for and no kids!!

If you don't know and he is U12 then he can get a free season ticket in the family zone if you sign him up as a JSB

SonofErnie

If you don't know and he is U12 then he can get a free season ticket in the family zone if you sign him up as a JSB

He's 14 and I believe the season ticket price is £63, but he has to be accompanied by an adult to get that deal. I would be happy to do it if they had the monthly payment option, but that (stupidly in my opinion) has been removed.

Covkid1968#

I paid for my son to go, but couldn't afford it myself. Far too many judgmental people on here, with the emphasis on 'mental'. Hopefully I'll get to a few games when ticket offers make it a reasonable proposition. I used to be a season ticket holder, but that was when I only had myself to pay for and no kids!!

Id like to be the son of the son of Ernie, and can my son be the son of the son of the son of Ernie please?

Ccfcsj

Unfortunately I had "personal" issues to deal with. I know some people think I should put CCFC before everything else but sorry my family etc. comes before them. I can't guarantee how many games I will get to this season.

And before somebody asks was I there on Friday night - yes I was. And by the way I was a season ticket holder for 25+ years before the move out of Coventry so I'm not a glory night supporter.

Kingokings204

Unfortunately I had "personal" issues to deal with. I know some people think I should put CCFC before everything else but sorry my family etc. comes before them. I can't guarantee how many games I will get to this season.

And before somebody asks was I there on Friday night - yes I was. And by the way I was a season ticket holder for 25+ years before the move out of Coventry so I'm not a glory night supporter.

You will be one the fans who cant be arsed I assume if reading on here is to be assumed?

la-ccfc

I was at home watching soccer Saturday, I was going to go but I just couldn't be bothered to make the effort so I decided to stay at home.

Evo1883

Block 16 , and back to a previous post , i look at the swansea citys ground as a stadium size perfect for coventry citys needs , the ricoh (people may disagree) in general is simply too big for us .

North York’s Blue

I was on the lash in West London. Went to the Gills game, also Bradford, MK and Wycombe. Will be back up for the Preston game, but honestly couldn't care what 'others' think. I'll pick and choose which games I go to.

Nick

Administrator
I didn't go due to the price. I went last Friday, it cost £5 for a ticket. I'm a student aswell, and paying close to, if not over 20 a ticket is to much for me. It's not just that, it's also a drink in the ground which is over 4 quid plus some food. I know a lot of people who shared the same views. I suppose I'm a plastic supporter though according to some people... i did really want to go Saturday
Don't drink and eat in the ground? Have some before you go?

Grendel

I still refuse to pay 20 odd quid a ticket

Regardless what anyone says, the prices are to high for a league 1 game.

Don't students count as concessions anymore?

Grendel

bringbackrattles

I wish the owners would take a look at ticket prices and lower them down.Many want to go but can't afford it every home game. I was in the queue on Saturday about to pay the twenty odd quid when a bloke said he had a spare ticket going for a tenner,so took up the offer. It was for the North stand but went to my usual East Stand place so got lucky there.
But the attendance was a poor one !

letsallsingtogether

But you should have paid the £20.00 because it is already cheap enough?

I wish the owners would take a look at ticket prices and lower them down.Many want to go but can't afford it every home game. I was in the queue on Saturday about to pay the twenty odd quid when a bloke said he had a spare ticket going for a tenner,so took up the offer. It was for the North stand but went to my usual East Stand place so got lucky there.
But the attendance was a poor one !

W

westcountry_skyblue

I dont think our prices are high even if it was a tenner on Saurday i doubt it would have been anymore than 14-15,000.
Hopefully if we keep it going more will come but a lot wanted to be there at the Gillingham game to say they were there.
I was not but does'nt really matter who we are playing it's more of a social thing for me.
Few pint's with my mates,Watch my Skyblues then a pint after to chew over the fat !

SkyBlue_Bear83

So would it have not been £12 on Saturday?

Not £12 but yea it would have been a concession price. Concession prices vary from £13-18 depending on zone, so with the usual match day increase it could be £20 to get a concession ticket, although it wasn't for Yeovil.

Otis

You will be one the fans who cant be arsed I assume if reading on here is to be assumed?

Don't understand why you would say someone who has said they had personal issues would be considered as being someone who 'can't be arsed' when it would seem obvious that, that would be anything but.:confused:

Odd.

Nick

Administrator
Don't understand why you would say someone who has said they had personal issues would be considered as being someone who 'can't be arsed' when it would seem obvious that, that would be anything but.:confused:

Odd.
Because people like making things up, like the guy who went off on one about the guy who died being a bandwagoner.

Kingokings204

Odd.

No I was jesting as some posters on here have said the main reason is people can't be arsed to go and this guy had genuine reasons not to go just like most of us did. (I went btw)

I'm just trying to make the point most fans have genuine reasons why they weren't there Saturday and have posted them so we should believe them and not accuse people that they couldn't be arsed.

Otis

Totally agree.

You can't just assume someone didn't bother, though we all know there are people out there who don't make any effort whatsoever and then declare they've hardly missed a game in 30 years.

There are lots of genine reasons why people didn't or can't go.

Kingokings204

Totally agree.

You can't just assume someone didn't bother, though we all know there are people out there who don't make any effort whatsoever and then declare they've hardly missed a game in 30 years.

There are lots of genine reasons why people didn't or can't go.

Yes I agree also. If people are posting on here then I believe they are a full time fan.

Like you say let's wait and see for preston after a big result tonight hopefully.

Otis

Yes I agree also. If people are posting on here then I believe they are a full time fan.

Like you say let's wait and see for preston after a big result tonight hopefully.

Rochdale too of course. Two away games and then back home for Preston.

Speedies_Chips

Why do people have to justify themselves to other peopke on here about why they didnt attend a football match fgs? I am sure we live in a free country.

However, next time I can't make it , I'll post a note from my Mum.

Users who are viewing this thread