Where will we finish this year? (1 Viewer)

Astute

When combined, we have won 23 league games in the last 2 years.

Sheff Utd in 3rd last season won 27 league games !!!

Its a big ask for a club with our recent history of results and mentality to turn that around overnight !

3rd place 27 wins.......shows how hard this league is :D Only 6 teams had a positive GD. Lots of new players which do not have our losing mentality......yet. Most away games will be like home games......more attacking options......lower opponents than we are used to.....I could carry on.

Some people need to have a reality check. Lower than 6th will be a disaster. We might have a slow start whilst the players get used to each other and systems of play, but to say we will or even might struggle is going a bit far. Most teams we are against would love some of our players. Time to get rid of all the negativity and have a season of fun and celebration.

SkyBlue_Bear83

3rd place 27 wins.......shows how hard this league is :D Only 6 teams had a positive GD. Lots of new players which do not have our losing mentality......yet. Most away games will be like home games......more attacking options......lower opponents than we are used to.....I could carry on.

Some people need to have a reality check. Lower than 6th will be a disaster. We might have a slow start whilst the players get used to each other and systems of play, but to say we will or even might struggle is going a bit far. Most teams we are against would love some of our players. Time to get rid of all the negativity and have a season of fun and celebration.
To me it shows last season there were about 4/5 good sides that could compete for the top 2 and the rest of the division is poor

stupot07

Doyle was so influential in Leeds L1 push they didn't sign him! We don't need a nasty player, we need players who are good at football! He isn't that good a leader and I personally wouldn't have him in 2 Cov XI's let lone him walking in to out 1st XI, in fact, thinking he would walk in our team shows the backwardness of English fans thinking we NEED one... Where's Norwich's + Southhampton's nasty CM!? Where are they again???

Leeds didn't sign Doyle because it was horses for course - great in league one and suite to that style of football but not good enough for a team that wanted to go straight up and push top 6 in the championship.

I didn't like Doyle and wanted rid of hi, but thy doesn't mean that he isn't an excellent league one player - 1 automatic promotion and a 3rd place finish shows that. Yeah goal scorers get the headlines but to finish that high every player has to contribute week in week out. No room for passengers.

Norwich had Daryl Russell, and Southampton had Dean Hammened - their foul count, and yellow/red cards are on par with Doyle. Nasty was probably the wrong word - physical is probably more appropriate.

It's funny really you saying we don't need a physical player, yet lots of posters saying that's exactly why we need to sign Jennings.

Doyle in the end was a poor championship footballer, but is a very good league one player.

Last edited:

FRY-CCFC

when we sign jennings he will be the physical midfielder and he's better than doyle :claping hands:

Otis

I may be going out on a limb here, but I would say we have no chance of promotion this season. ;)

ccfcway

I will go for 11th.

I know, quality of opposition etc etc..

However, we are no Man City and we just havent got a winning mentality...It will take time, and I just cant see that coming overnight...

Love to be wrong, but I think we will lose a fair few games, especially away from home, and that will be our downfall..

Well, half right !

Otis

Nothing a little edit wouldn't cure.

Do that and you'll be lauded as Nostradamus on here!

Users who are viewing this thread