Where will we finish this year? (1 Viewer)

Astute

Michael Doyle would walk in to our first 11 and be captain.

There will be some players that could/would get into our 1st team. We are not miles better than every other club in our division. But if you look at our squad against the others we have players that would improve every other club in this division. We will not be the strongest in every position, but overall we have a strong squad for where we are. We shouldn't go into any games thinking we will be very lucky to get any points. We are going to draw games. We are going to lose games. We should win a lot more than we are used to though.

stupot07

doyle would barely get in are second team he is just a hard worker people complained about him when he was here now u think he'd get in our first team he's worse than deegan :eek:

He's played 2 seasons in league one - won promotion with Leeds and finished 3rd and reached the play off final in the other.

We've signed a load of players who are unproven in league one and we lack a nasty player and leader - doyle would walk in our first 11, he is/was a far better player than Deegan will ever be.

stupot07

There will be some players that could/would get into our 1st team. We are not miles better than every other club in our division. But if you look at our squad against the others we have players that would improve every other club in this division. We will not be the strongest in every position, but overall we have a strong squad for where we are. We shouldn't go into any games thinking we will be very lucky to get any points. We are going to draw games. We are going to lose games. We should win a lot more than we are used to though.

Fry was basically saying Sheff utd are crap because they had Doyle. I was merely stating that he would get in our first 11, as would Quinn.

sylus

we should be going for promotion,if we can gel quickly like astute mentioned earlier,then its possible,we have a squad that is good enough for this league to mount a challenge,but will the dizzy heights of being at the opposite end of the league,to what we are use to,be our downfall,and you know who,has to get it right to.other than that.champions:D.

FRY-CCFC

so when jennings joins and we play 4-1-2-1-2 with jennings thomas barton and fleck u think doyle would get into that midfield :thinking about:

Astute

I rated Doyle more than a lot of our fans, but if we get Jennings he would be stuck on the bench at best.

lordsummerisle

doyle would barely get in are second team he is just a hard worker people complained about him when he was here now u think he'd get in our first team he's worse than deegan :eek:

That one cloned brain-cell is going a long way.

Worse than Deegan?? Laughable.

Astute

we should be going for promotion,if we can gel quickly like astute mentioned earlier,then its possible,we have a squad that is good enough for this league to mount a challenge,but will the dizzy heights of being at the opposite end of the league,to what we are use to,be our downfall,and you know who,has to get it right to.other than that.champions:D.

the players we employ to set up chances and the players we employ to score.

FRY-CCFC

never said sheff u were that bad but when they lost evans that cost them promotion and they haven't replaced him so they wont be as good as last season unless they sign a replacement or richard cresswell goes on a big scoring run also lee williamson might be leaving as he hasn't signed a new contract i think

davebart

From a business perspective SISU can't afford to let us drift in the mire of league 1 for too long. They need to get us out at the first opportunity and if they don't see that they are even more football ignorant than I thought.

I don't know whether the team is good enough to make a challenge but if it isn't I would expect some investment in January. If we don't get it we will know exactly where we stand.

Grendel

If we sign Jennings and another striker who has a reasonable return then I'm of the opinion we should be aiming top 2.

Start is critical and if we win our first game that should remove fears of away form early. Most of the early games are winnable. So promotion is what I am going for.

skyblueman

HAS to be top six - anything less and we are going to be in deep deep trouble - can't see anyone (including SISU) putting in money needed after that - going to be tight IMO but we can do it - good start is vital

keBaB

I saw most of Norwich's league 1 season; you have to be technically very good as well as strong. Some of the lesser (long term league one) teams tried to muscle Norwich out in the 'welcome to league one' way; I would suggest that this will happen to us for the early part of the season; if we can play around this - we need pace up front to be able to do that - then we should have a very strong play-off or above chance...

slyblue57

Well i m a Thorn hater, think he s hopeless as a manager, but, I ve already had a gamble on us winning promotion, i ve also had a bet on Cody as top league 1 scorer, ew at 40/1. Even Thorn can nt fuck this up lol.
I m very confident of a great season pusb

Grendel

Top 3 i think..
1.MKdons
2.Coventry city
3.Swindon Town

Bournmouth have some money as well so they may be in the mix but we seem one of the 4 strongest in the League to me.

Mucca Mad Boys

He's played 2 seasons in league one - won promotion with Leeds and finished 3rd and reached the play off final in the other.

We've signed a load of players who are unproven in league one and we lack a nasty player and leader - doyle would walk in our first 11, he is/was a far better player than Deegan will ever be.

Doyle was so influential in Leeds L1 push they didn't sign him! We don't need a nasty player, we need players who are good at football! He isn't that good a leader and I personally wouldn't have him in 2 Cov XI's let lone him walking in to out 1st XI, in fact, thinking he would walk in our team shows the backwardness of English fans thinking we NEED one... Where's Norwich's + Southhampton's nasty CM!? Where are they again???

Johnrambo

Hmm, its pretty hard to say, Millwall didnt have a better squad than us, but its hard to say where we are.

Top10 for me would be fine.

dongonzalos

If we sign Jennings and another striker who has a reasonable return then I'm of the opinion we should be aiming top 2.

Start is critical and if we win our first game that should remove fears of away form early. Most of the early games are winnable. So promotion is what I am going for.

Agree, get a proper goal scorer and Jennings.

6th - 1st depending on how long it takes for the team to gel.

Also imperative we keep wood and hussey.

Last edited:

Sky Blue M

I would be extremely disappointed if we dont finish around the play offs with our current squad. Although we could be completely over estimating some of them. We have barely seen them play!!

ccfcway

Play-offs minimum for me. Anything lower than 6th is a complete failure.

When combined, we have won 23 league games in the last 2 years.

Sheff Utd in 3rd last season won 27 league games !!!

Its a big ask for a club with our recent history of results and mentality to turn that around overnight !

Users who are viewing this thread