Which ones?.. (1 Viewer)

IF you had the choice of: Nugent, Earnshaw, Phillips, Le Fondre and Harewood.

Which TWO would you pick.

Tough one eh.

T

TrevorsathisPeake

Nugent and Earnshaw,not gonna happen though!!!!!

flammablepiss

Facebook User
Earnshaw and Phillips would be the safest bet and with juke and sheffers we would have a tonne of strike force. If we weren't so in need of attackers then I would have said Earnshaw and Le Fondre for the long haul. But lets face it if we could get ANY 2 of these to come it would dramatically increase our chances. Unlikely but i'm trying to be as optimistic as I can, its the only way to get by.

Last edited:

ccfcway

we only need one....

in a situation like ours, we cant take two of these on, as well as Platt, Eastwood, Juke, O'Donovan, McSheffrey and Jeffers

we only need one....

in a situation like ours, we cant take two of these on, as well as Platt, Eastwood, Juke, O'Donovan, McSheffrey and Jeffers
IMO Platt and O'Donovan aren't on the same level as the 5 I've listed. Eastwood, well we all know his problem. We need two, even is the second isnt on that list.

ccfcway

IMO Platt and O'Donovan aren't on the same level as the 5 I've listed. Eastwood, well we all know his problem. We need two, even is the second isnt on that list.

agreed, but Platt and O'Donovan are both in contract, so unless someone buys them, we are stuck with them and the board wont sanction another 2 strikers..

Ernie Machin

Of those mentioned, Earnshaw and Le Fondre get my vote. Both consistently prolific and still at an age to be effective and play a lot of games. Nugent has never scored many apart from a purple patch at Preston and Phillips is at the very end. Harewood is intriguing, he might be able to do a job but I wouldn't be that confident. Not sure we need/can afford two strikers anyway.

Platt_The_Donkey

Nugent and Earnshaw, but just one of the 2 would be great for me. Earnshaw would be my number 1 choice.

Sky Blue Luke

Earnshaw and Phillips.

Would love us to take a punt of Le Fondre though.

*comes out of unrealistic world where we could afford both their wages*

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

Harewood and Earshaw
Harewood would provide strength, pace and power whilst earnie would get the goals
No chance of getting both of them though as both would be high wages

Glenn Storer

I'm quietly confident we can get one of these five though!

My choice would also be Nugent and Earnshaw.

I have to agree with this, the club knows it has to get someone in and it can't just be John Doe. The fans are disappointed and embarassed after the Kinggate scandal.

Nonleagueherewecome

Earnshaw by a mile, but probably not realistic. Pace and proven goalscorer. We would not miss King one bit with this guy in our ranks.

The others aren't close but I can see the merits of any of them. Nugent maybe, Le Fondre maybe, Harewood maybe. Harewood or Le Fondre are the most realistic IMO.

Macca

So when can we expect them to sign? Is it too early to create a "team for next year" thread and predict a play off place? I'm going to ask Brody

T

TrevorsathisPeake

On the football rumour site someone has said that Kevin Phillips has agreed a 1 year deal with us,and that its fact!!!!!!....but as previously stated,anyone can post on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bertola

Earnshaw (who I've said we should sign ever since he burst onto the scene at Cardiff) and Le Fondre for me... But to be honest I wouldnt be disappointed with any of those names

Users who are viewing this thread