Who’s Dropping From The Prem. (1 Viewer)

slowpoke

The fight for survival is becoming intriguing to say the least, I’d say anyone from Crystal Palace in 11th spot down are candidates, at the moment Bournemouth, Southampton & Everton occupy the bottom three slots with Palace just 5 points better off, personally I think the current bottom two will go so I reckon it’s from Everton upwards, I think they will wriggle out, my bet is on Crystal Palace or Forest, Palace haven’t won in weeks and their next three games are Man City, bitter rivals Brighton away and Arsenal,
One possible intriguing fixture is Everton v Bournemouth last game of the season, the bitter blue noses will be out in force for that one keeping Bournemouth players awake the night before.
Mind you it might not bother us.

Last edited:

Otis

The fight for survival is becoming intriguing to say the least, I’d say anyone from Crystal Palace in 11th spot down are candidates, at the moment Bournemouth, Southampton & Everton occupy the bottom three slots with Palace just 5 points better off, personally I think the current bottom two will go so I reckon it’s from Everton upwards, I think they will wriggle out, my bet is on Crystal Palace or Forest, Palace haven’t won in weeks and their next three games are Man City, bitter rivals Brighton away and Arsenal,
One possible intriguing fixture is Everton v Bournemouth last game of the season, the bitter blue noses will be out in force for that one keeping Bournemouth players awake the night before.
Dyche is a good manager. I think he will pull Everton clear.

Bournemouth look weak to me, so I am expecting them to drop straight back down. I too think Forest may flounder and Southampton are very inconsistent, so probably them too.

Southampton, Bournemouth and Forest

fernandopartridge

I think Everton are in big trouble personally, to chuck a lead twice away at a relegation rival doesn't show much of the resilience that Dyche is reputed for.

slowpoke

I'd like a trip to Goodison next season so for that reason I hope Everton stay up ;)
My favourite other ground is Goodison Park it’s just an old and traditional, so yes a last trip there before Everton move would be on my radar, be ironic if we go up and they come down, as they say footballs a funny old game.

tskezz

A few games ago i thought Bournemouth and Southampton were done deals and the last spot was up for anyone but its opened right up since. Everton could be bottom when games played are level.

My dream line up would be Woodison, Elland Road and The London Stadium

Robinshio

A few games ago i thought Bournemouth and Southampton were done deals and the last spot was up for anyone but its opened right up since. Everton could be bottom when games played are level.

My dream line up would be Woodison, Elland Road and The London Stadium
i would like those to stay up, so that we can play there next season

Terry Gibson's perm

Bournemouth just need to book a couple of hotels one near the ground for the fans to occupy themselves at and another a few miles away which they use.

Terry Gibson's perm

Southampton Bournemouth and one other I hope Everton but starting to think the six fingered lot could get dragged in (their time at the top table has ended thank god)

Covkid1968#

Would love the fester folk from the other end of the M69 to drop!
Imagine us going up and that lot getting relegated…..Living in North leics I can’t think of anything better. My kids have been hammered their entire lives and haven’t worn anything Cov related to school because of it…. So extra sweet for me.

Bad Boy

Imagine us going up and that lot getting relegated…..Living in North leics I can’t think of anything better. My kids have been hammered their entire lives and haven’t worn anything Cov related to school because of it…. So extra sweet for me.
How very vengeful you are my friend. 🤣

Terry Gibson's perm

I would love Forest to go down after all the money they spunked on about 50 players

I would rather see someone like Forest who have spent and tried survive than teams like Burnley and Norwich who go up and spend the least they can get away with and bring little to the league.

robbiethemole

We’re surrounded by the feckers here in South Leics too, can’t move for stinking foxes

Sick Boy

My parents moved up to north west Leicestershire a good few years ago now, I always make sure I pack a couple of City shirts to wear there.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Social services are popping round for a chat...

Grendel

I think Southampton have a shot and staying up.

I saw the Forest Everton highlights yesterday. Forest look like they have goals in them and should have battered Everton - they should be ok I think.

Alkhen

Bit early but I was looking at the 6 probable teams leaving the Championship against the 6 that could replace them I'd say next season's league will be tougher

Out going:
Burnley
Sheffield United
Middlesbrough
Wigan
Huddersfield
Blackpool

Incoming :
Southampton
Everton
Bournemouth
Sheffield Wednesday
Plymouth
Ipswich

Could be a very tough league next year. Lot of huge teams added along yoyo club Bournemouth.

slowpoke

Bit early but I was looking at the 6 probable teams leaving the Championship against the 6 that could replace them I'd say next season's league will be tougher

Out going:
Burnley
Sheffield United
Middlesbrough
Wigan
Huddersfield
Blackpool

Incoming :
Southampton
Everton
Bournemouth
Sheffield Wednesday
Plymouth
Ipswich

Could be a very tough league next year. Lot of huge teams added along yoyo club Bournemouth.
It is down to how they are managed, those coming down will surely have to trim their squads I shudder to think what the Everton wage bill is and if they think the “Everton” name will win them games they are in for a shock, as for parachute payments obviously that helps but if I’m reading things correct the EFL are currently negotiating a new tv deal and there are three or four interested parties so hopefully we will be getting extra & much needed income from that.

Another thing those relegated premier club haven’t got is Mark Robins and Ady Viveash.

Alkhen

It is down to how they are managed, those coming down will surely have to trim their squads I shudder to think what the Everton wage bill is and if they think the “Everton” name will win them games they are in for a shock, as for parachute payments obviously that helps but if I’m reading things correct the EFL are currently negotiating a new tv deal and there are three or four interested parties so hopefully we will be getting extra & much needed income from that.

Another thing those relegated premier club haven’t got is Mark Robins and Ady Viveash.

Yeah of that 6 I listed I'd fear Everton could have a poor season. I think Bournemouth are pretty set to yo-yo again, Southampton probably have a really good core of a Championship team they don't really look to have too many over Ward-Prowse that would jump ship.

The teams coming up from League 1 look a lot stronger to me. The likes of Wednesday, Derby, Ipswich and Bolton seem to have stabilised and are no longer basket cases. I'd say any of those would be in with a shout of staying up. Plymouth are a dark horse, seem to have been strong for a few years.

slowpoke

Any of those four coming up would be stronger than the three likely to come down. I hope Derby isn’t one media seem to love them.
Barnsley seem to have sneaked quietly into the play-off slots, keep an eye on them.

Users who are viewing this thread