fred binneys head

Sep 21, 2017
OK, so you’re just about going to win the “who’s got the most fans?” competition, but who’s got the best omen about Monday?

I’ll give you two of ours:

1) When we got promoted out of the conference we first lost at Wembley against a team from a seaside town in the north west, then went back to Wembley the following season and beat a team beginning with C.

Last season we lost at Wembley against Blackpool and this season we are back at Wembley playing Coventry.....

2) When we lost at Wembley to Morecambe we had 3 or 4 times the number of fans than they did. When we beat Cambridge the following year we had fewer fans than them. When we lost last season against Blackpool we had 3 or 4 times the number of fans than they did (due to their boycott). This season we will have fewer fans than the opposition.....

As we all know, the result of any football match is determined solely by omens, such as what pants we’re wearing, which testicle we scratch first as the teams run out, etc - so let’s see who’s going to win by hearing your omens.

Apologies if I’m taking a liberty by starting a thread on your board, no offence intended - it’s the cyber equivalent of “steaming in”.

fred binneys head

Sep 21, 2017
We lost 2-1 and yes it was a fair result. We conceded early but then kept possession well and deservedly equalised just before half time. Unfortunately, in the second half the pressure got to our young team, despite a much bigger and louder following, and they caved - whereas Blackpool handled the pressure and consequently played better, and duly won.

It can be a huge weight on a young team to have the expectations of a huge crowd on your shoulders, as well as knowing your club desperately need to get promoted and wearing the blue and white striped memories of a glorious past team, with their talisman centre forward looking down on you. Let’s hope your young boys cope, eh? :)

Sky Blue Harry H

Feb 9, 2011
warwick
We lost 2-1 and yes it was a fair result. We conceded early but then kept possession well and deservedly equalised just before half time. Unfortunately, in the second half the pressure got to our young team, despite a much bigger and louder following, and they caved - whereas Blackpool handled the pressure and consequently played better, and duly won.

It can be a huge weight on a young team to have the expectations of a huge crowd on your shoulders, as well as knowing your club desperately need to get promoted and wearing the blue and white striped memories of a glorious past team, with their talisman centre forward looking down on you. Let’s hope your young boys cope, eh? :)

Fred's started paying mind games with us - I quite liked him up until now; but now I think he's an Exeter City mind guru who's trying to influence the outcome of the match on Monday. Bet you were involved in the Brexit campaign, and Trump's election, weren't you Fred? Never going to trust you again.

Reactions: ccfcrob

christonabike

Mar 23, 2011
Coventry
I’m thinking of going ......
First game after not buying a season ticket this year won’t mention it again but over 23 years lol....
Accrington Stanley 2-0
Yeovil 2-6
Morcombe 0-0
I’m staying away and I really hope we get over the line. Would be a great game for me and the little one but I think if I don’t go we will do it. How mad is that!
PUSB!

Johnnythespider

Jul 13, 2011
wyken on the naze

Ohohoh we've got Michael Doyle

Reactions: vow

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

May 8, 2015

I’m genuinely not concerned only 3 will start that played in last years final (Burge, Willis & Stokes) but they seem a confident fired up bunch last years lot were mentally weak but some how pulled it out the bag.

My concern is we don’t get too carried away ie get done on the counter as we’re not used to playing similar footballing sides and the race we’ve got no out and out wide outlets (Grimmer will provide that I guess) but stokes isn’t your marauding full back and 2cms wide in midfield.

If I was Exeter I’d really stretch play, do you have proper wingers?

fred binneys head

Sep 21, 2017
I’m genuinely not concerned only 3 will start that played in last years final (Burge, Willis & Stokes) but they seem a confident fired up bunch last years lot were mentally weak but some how pulled it out the bag.

My concern is we don’t get too carried away ie get done on the counter as we’re not used to playing similar footballing sides and the race we’ve got no out and out wide outlets (Grimmer will provide that I guess) but stokes isn’t your marauding full back and 2cms wide in midfield.

If I was Exeter I’d really stretch play, do you have proper wingers?

No we don’t, but we are an excellent counter attacking team. I will be genuinely fascinated with how this match plays out - two bright, relatively young, British managers with young teams who try to play the right way. I think we’ll win but can understand your confidence - that’s why it will be a good game.

The Great Eastern

Aug 14, 2012
You're not allowed to go behind the goal at one end of Oxfords ground and we beat them at Wembley. No coincidence that nobody is allowed behind the goal at St James Park.
Save your hard earned and stay at home Monday. You can't possibly win given that omen.

Reactions: wingy

fred binneys head

Sep 21, 2017
You're not allowed to go behind the goal at one end of Oxfords ground and we beat them at Wembley. No coincidence that nobody is allowed behind the goal at St James Park.
Save your hard earned and stay at home Monday. You can't possibly win given that omen.

I’d love to disagree but I think you might be right, that’s the sort of stuff I was hoping for when I started the thread.

Reactions: wingy

oakey

Mar 22, 2011
We have won every final we have played at Wembley.
We have won every game we have played at Wembley in spring.
Teams wearing blue are winning trophies this year. It is not a red year, sorry.

Reactions: no_loyalty

Ring Of Steel

May 22, 2017
We have a 100% win record in playoff matches and Wembley matches against clubs with animals in their badge, whereas we have a 100% loss record in playoff matches and Wembley matches against clubs with no animals in their badge. Exeter have animals on their badge (some kind of hawk/ parrot thing).

itsabuzzard

Jul 16, 2017
That's bat-shit crazy.
First game after not buying a season ticket this year won’t mention it again but over 23 years lol....
Accrington Stanley 2-0
Yeovil 2-6
Morcombe 0-0
I’m staying away and I really hope we get over the line. Would be a great game for me and the little one but I think if I don’t go we will do it. How mad is that!
PUSB!

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Terry_dactyl

Sep 26, 2017
Accrington Stanley 2-0
Yeovil 2-6
Morcombe 0-0
PUSB!

Not mad at all...Although it’s enforced by a holiday in my case, I’m working on exactly the same premise that my presence will only bring disaster.

Users who are viewing this thread