Who’s your forwards for the next game? (1 Viewer)

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

...this is an attacking formation with a diamond up front, lots of interplay. league 1 is not used to that and we have the technical ability to do it. marauding wing backs with Kelly, Doyle and the back two snuffing out threats quickly. We would be quick, decisive and too much for league one defenses to cope. It would require energy which apart from Doyle they would have. Unfortunately it's a pipe dream, MR's won't attempt it so we will never know!
"MR's won't attempt it so we will never know "

That's my biggest grip with Mark Robins he seems reluctant to try something different and I think he's over cautious .

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Bakayoko and Hiwula.

The latter would be our best striker on paper, so he needs to be given a chance in the right position.

Baka because the other two have largely been shit enough to warrant him to have a chance to prove himself.

steve82

"MR's won't attempt it so we will never know "

That's my biggest grip with Mark Robins he seems reluctant to try something different and I think he's over cautious .

I’m not so sure, I agree he won’t tend to change much if he feels we’re a chance away from unlocking games and he sticks with a starting 11 reasonably regular as a result if we’re not far off from game to game

Saturday he made a big call in dropping Doyle and tried Kelly and Bayliss together in a 4141 system with Bakayoko with 5 changes from the previous poor league result at Fleetwood.

There is only so much you can do with the squad too I think and the midfield options have hamstrung him a little this year too to how quickly we can get play through the 3rds

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

steve82

Bakayoko and Hiwula.

The latter would be our best striker on paper, so he needs to be given a chance in the right position.

Baka because the other two have largely been shit enough to warrant him to have a chance to prove himself.

It has to be Saturday Hiwula is finally given that chance with a run of games up top.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

He made 5 changes to the starting line up in the last match and he's played with 3 strikers on the pitch so I think your being a bit unfair.
He may have played with 3 strikers but he ( M.R. ) doesn't play them as strikers,

And if he does, he doesn't play to their strengths,

It's square pegs in round holes !

Don't forget he signed up the strikers, apparently !

stupot07

Time to start thinking hard about JCH. He just doesn't score enough. Across his career he averages about 1.5 goals per 10 games, though to be fair many of those 10 games could be sub appearances. I have always quite liked the energy, speed and incisiveness he has shown in patches; last season that was a nice contrast to McNulty and Max. But I do not see what he has added this season.
I agree. I didn't think he'd done enough last season to earn a deal, and I haven't seen anything from him this season to suggest I was wrong.

He Doesn't score goals, and his touch and football brain let's him down. He never really managed to make an effective partnership with McNulty, and hasn't with Chaplin either.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Great_Expectations

Bakayoko and Hiwula.

They both offer pace and technical ability, and it’s an untested partnership. We’d have to play the ball on the floor though and look for passes/through balls, as opposed to lumping it forward.

I’ve never been a JCH fan, I fail to see what he offers other than an arrogance he doesn’t back up. Then just as he was starting to convince me, by using his size and strength to hold up the ball, and link well, plus putting in a few really impressiveness hard working performances, he reverts back to last season when he looks off the pace and lacking a football brain.

Chaplin isn’t as good as McNulty as it stands, and we’re in a higher league. I do think he will improve as time goes on, but not in the same way McNulty did. He always made good runs and had an awareness, but just couldn’t score, whereas CC seems to be out of position a lot, picks it up too deep and then fails to progress the play. It could be him, or it could be instructions. Either way, a rest might help.

Sky Blue Harry H

I'm waiting for itsabuzzard to change the thread title to ' whore your forwards for the next game?' Not sure we'd get much though!

skybluegod

I would be tempted to try something new.

Burge
Sterling-Willis-Davies-Brown
------Kelly---Doyle/Ogogo
-----------Thomas--------
Hiwula------------Chaplin
-----------Bakayoko

4-3-3
I don't think Bayliss has been good enough to be undroppable- we get our best technical players out on the pitch along bar Bayliss, and could have an interchangeable front 3. Depends on their footballing brains mind you as to if that would work.

Sky Blue Harry H

I would be tempted to try something new.

Burge
Sterling-Willis-Davies-Brown
------Kelly---Doyle/Ogogo
-----------Thomas--------
Hiwula------------Chaplin
-----------Bakayoko

4-3-3
I don't think Bayliss has been good enough to be undroppable- we get our best technical players out on the pitch along bar Bayliss, and could have an interchangeable front 3. Depends on their footballing brains mind you as to if that would work.

Don't mind that set up too much, although having watched Ogogo, he seems like he just chases the ball and am not convinced that he will 'hold' a position, which could leave Brown seriously exposed. Also of Hiwula and Bakayoko aren't on an 'up for it' day, that leaves us seriously lightweight up front. Both JCH and Bayliss have put in shifts more consistently than the other 2 (imo)

skybluegod

Don't mind that set up too much, although having watched Ogogo, he seems like he just chases the ball and am not convinced that he will 'hold' a position, which could leave Brown seriously exposed. Also of Hiwula and Bakayoko aren't on an 'up for it' day, that leaves us seriously lightweight up front. Both JCH and Bayliss have put in shifts more consistently than the other 2 (imo)

Yeah I was struggling with Ogogo, as he hasn't shown up this season, but think he needs a run of games.

Yeah true if they aren't up for it we are stuffed, but then the same can be said for JCH, and I don't think Bayliss has hit top gear this season.

Users who are viewing this thread