Who else is jealous of Pompey (1 Viewer)

shy_tall_knight

Our 12th season since relegation. In that time Pompey got promoted, invested money that they didn't have won the FA cup, played in europe, went into administration got relegated went into administration again owing millions of pounds got relegated again. Now the supporters are set to buy the club and the future looks bright.

We won't go into administration we will just drift along is this division for many seasons to come. Not only are their fans right behind the club they seem to have general media support for their plight. Our plight rather than galvanizing the fans is having the opposite effect as we see the support drift away as we experience the death of our club by a 1000 cuts.

Anyone claiming that SISU were the only option were naive we will never know but we are doomed under their ownership they won't invest in the club but will keep hold just to try and realise their investment. Pompey fans hae the buzz of a new era, their gates will swell, the media will be all over them, etc... sooooooooooooo jealous.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I'll never be jealous of the Scummers! :mad:

pusbccfc

Hate Pompey with a passion. They don't deserve to be in league 1. You can't spend money you don't have and go into administration...not once but twice and still be in the football league. I understand the supporters, but even then, we've had it worse IMO.

shy_tall_knight

I would like our club to have had their results on the pitch obviously but i would not like to be them.

I don't want to be a pompey fan I would just love us to be in their position, the thought of a bright future a buzz around the ground, the club saved by and owned by the fans, rather than faceless Shitsu.

shy_tall_knight

OK we have the moral high ground we won the FA cup legitimately they bought it with players that they clearly couldn't afford, they have been in admin a few times leading to non-payment of their debts, I'm not jealous of that but I am jealous that they seemed to be able to wipe the slate clean and start again with a far brighter future than us.

the media have far more sympathy for them than us

chiefdave

They went into admin in 98 as well so this is the third time. Of course noone wants to see a football club fold and it's great what the fans are doing now but I can't help thinking they have got off very very lightly for going into admin 3 times. From memory the first time they got no points deduction, second time 9 and the third time 10. Seems very little punishment to me.

It does seem that we have done, maybe not out of choice, the right thing in not going into admin and will end up worse off than them as a result.

Paxman II

I think this latest move has disaster written all over it. I think what will follow may well be the clubs final demise. Hearts are ruling heads here.

georgehudson

what about leicester & their avoidance of debts, leading to numerous local businesses going to the wall,
all this before the rules were changed,
don't like p'smuth, but view with interest their attempt at fan ownership

Astute

I am not jealous of Pompey fans. They come from Portsmouth.

SkyBlueScottie

A bright future?

All because the fans trust is going to buy it?

They are still millions and millions in debt you know..... The latest attempt is to try and force Chanrai to accept a measly (compared to what he is owed) amount for the stadium..... Cant see this being resolved for a very long time.

Plus there is the inevitable fall out when the trust wants to go in differing directions.

shy_tall_knight

Well I am definitely in a minority on this one, just to emphasize I don't like portsmouth but I wish we were in their position rather than in our current position.

The proof will be where the respective clubs are in the next few years, CCFC with shitsu and Pompey with a fan owned club. A few more seasons in this league will see our crowds dwindle more as apathy reigns, think their fans are more excited about the furure than ours.

jimmyhillsfanclub

The only reason I would be jelous of pompey is that they fucked up big time BEFORE they got lumbered with a massive crappy flat-pack out-of-town soul-less shit-tip of a ground....

shy_tall_knight

but as fu.k up goes there's was huge compared to ours, yet there is light at the end of the tunnel for them, ownership of their stadium by the club is a realistic proposition ours is just a pipe dream involving so many parties , charities, local councils who are governed by clear rules. IMO they have hit the bottom it was a 3 year fall, we have been steadily drifting backwards for 13 seasons with no end in sight.

Astute

What a romantic thought. Club owned by the fans for the fans.

Where would the money come from though? Who would choose which players to sign? Who would choose the manager? Who would be liable for debts? How many rich fans that want to waste their money do they have?

It is frequently asked on here who would buy our club if they won the euro millions. How many would? How many would like even a percentage of our losses?

shy_tall_knight

In hindsight I would have rephrased the title differently, a lot of the posters have stated how unfair it is and how we can take the moral high ground etc... all true but can you imagine the buzz around Fratton Park a chance to be optimistic about the future a new start, learn from their mistakes, their supporters and club moving in the same direction, the complete opposite to CCFC. I think the biggest risk we face as a club is not going out of business (don't think that will ever happen) our biggest threat is the erosion of our fan base through continual drifting downwards.

Warwickhunt

Jealous of Portsmouth???

They have still got to have another 10 point deduction when they come out of Administration

Black6Osprey

The idea that supporters take over and all is bright is a bit rose tinted I fear.

It'll be interesting to see who can be blamed when the supporters fuck it up.

You may as well say you're jealous of whoever, as they win a lot, are in a higher league, get bigger crowds, have a nice kit. We are league 1, owned by monkeys with shit players an empty ground and a manager whos favourite film is Kes. Accept it.

CJparker

Who else is sick of people on this forum talking about Pompey????

if it's not this thread then it's the other one, which apparently will never die

I really couldn't give a monkey's about them. Hope they don't go out of business (for the fans' sake mostly, but also so it doesn't set a precedent of league clubs being allowed to fold) but clearly there are some dodgy people running it.

NEXT

Users who are viewing this thread