Who is going to do what next season? (1 Viewer)

Astute

I had planned to buy my 1st season ticket in many years this season if things had turned out differently. I work shifts including weekends, but would have been my way of helping out our club. Now I will only do the away games I can make. Same as last season.

Home games only take me a few hours to get to and are straight down the M6 for me. I miss not meeting up with family and friends because of not going to home games. But I decided a couple of seasons ago I won't go again until SISU have gone. What I am hoping for is we can be the best supported away team in our division by far to show we still have a fanbase but suffer a season of low gates at home. If you live in Cov you can do away games for only an extra £15 to £20 a game.

How many can cope with shopping with the wife/partner on a Saturday instead of going to the game? One season of feeling lost whilst we are playing could be enough to get rid of them.

skybluejelly

Much the same as you astute in that I work most Saturdays..but go to every game when I don't home or away...I can see quite a big away following to start with..but can then see it tailing off as the novelty wears off

WestEndAgro

Away tickets availability could well be a problem, with so many suggesting away games only, buying a home season ticket may be the only way to ensure a away ticket ?

rupert_bear

To be honest don't think it makes a lot of difference, go to the home games, sisu will be making losses every week anyhow. I would think it would be about 18000 to break even, we will only get that v Wolves and possibly at xmas. With vertually no other income, no players to sell for decent money i still think sisu are buggered. Their only chance as i see it is if we are top of the league and flying. To be honest i wouldn't buy a season ticket just on the principle of giving these charletons my money in advance, pay on the day costs a little bit more but what the heck.

Last edited:

theferret

To be honest don't think it makes a lot of difference, go to the home games, sisu will be making losses every week anyhow. I would think it would be about 18000 to break even, we will only get that v Wolves and possibly at xmas. With vertually no other income, no players to sell for decent money i still think sisu are buggered. Their only chance as i see it is if we are top of the league and flying. To be honest i wouldn't buy a season ticket just on the principle of giving these charletons my money in advance, pay on the day costs a little bit more but what the heck.

18000 break even? Come on now.

They said it was 11K break even last season and that is surely to come down as costs are cut further.

theferret

I had planned to buy my 1st season ticket in many years this season if things had turned out differently. I work shifts including weekends, but would have been my way of helping out our club. Now I will only do the away games I can make. Same as last season.

Home games only take me a few hours to get to and are straight down the M6 for me. I miss not meeting up with family and friends because of not going to home games. But I decided a couple of seasons ago I won't go again until SISU have gone. What I am hoping for is we can be the best supported away team in our division by far to show we still have a fanbase but suffer a season of low gates at home. If you live in Cov you can do away games for only an extra £15 to £20 a game.

How many can cope with shopping with the wife/partner on a Saturday instead of going to the game? One season of feeling lost whilst we are playing could be enough to get rid of them.

I am kind of with you. Said I would get a ST ticket wherever we played, but will probably only get one if we play at the Ricoh now. Will try to do all the away games if I can.

rupert_bear

Well we still have players on decent contracts and 11000 is only about £240k a fortnight, 100k a week lso what would the cost of running a football club a week be. David Bell gets 6k alone apparently

Otis

Yep, 11,000 break even.

We play at the Ricoh and have a good season, we will regularly surpass that.

As for what I'm going to do? Move away and it will be listen to the games on CWR I suppose. :(

theferret

Well we still have players on decent contracts and 11000 is only about £240k a fortnight, 100k a week lso what would the cost of running a football club a week be. David Bell gets 6k alone apparently

100K per week is 5.2 million a year. We turnover more than 8 million.

The club was moving towards a break even position last season we are told. Certainly if we move to Walsall we'll be back to losing money hand over fist, but at the Ricoh, even with an average of say 9K, we'll be one of the best supported teams in the league and with a falling wage bill I don't think the shortfall will be all that great.

Diehard Si

I'll go see Cov play at the Butt's a bit I think. Maybe go to the odd Northants rugby game. Might even try and go see some other footy teams in premier league.

italiahorse

Sisu will make the decision for me.

In Coventry I will buy a ticket. I will also attempt to attend all away games.
Outside, will not support home or away

Reason. My aspirations are Coventry City and Premier League.
SISU plan does not provide both these, as it will not be in Coventry City and Stadium is not suitable for Premier League.

Covrock

Forget everything that's going on. I will be supporting the Mighty Sky Blues of COVENTRY CITY. We will be here long after they have gone. PUSB

rupert_bear

100K per week is 5.2 million a year. We turnover more than 8 million.
That example you give is on a 52 week basis we play 23 times plus cups so about half what you are saying in gate receipts, there are other additions but i don't see a profit in it for sisu (or their investers) at all.

Users who are viewing this thread