Who Is The Worst Footballer To Play For His Dad ……. (1 Viewer)

I was watching Hull City last night (in Australia) & I couldn't help but think Alex Bruce is not a Premier League standard player. Is he there because Dad Steve is doing what his misses says & giving our kid a job? Anyone else have ideas who could be in this discussion & not someone in the under 6's!

CJ_covblaze

Just for comedy effect Micky Doyle for Adams or Telfer for Gordon?

skybluejelly

my eldest son... he was bloody useless ,so I put him in goal once and he let the ball roll thru his legs twice in one match..i even joined the other parents in moaning about him..

Greggs

Jonathon Gould. Bobby Gould dropping Oggy to play him, madness!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Kasper Schmeichel.
Darren Ferguson (as manager)
And I see that Brooklyn Beckham was given trials at Man Utd. No surprise there, then. (Nepotism rears its ugly head!)

ccfc92

I think it's always unfair to judge a player because of their dad. If Messi or Ronaldo have a son who plays football, that automatically means they should be just as good?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Agree ccfc92. My old man was a brilliant Lithiographic Printer but I just couldn't get my head round it all, even though he always put "....& Son" on his letterheads. I never took it up!

Otis

I think it's always unfair to judge a player because of their dad. If Messi or Ronaldo have a son who plays football, that automatically means they should be just as good?

Of course. Wes Brown is as good as Gordon, Michael Owen is as good as Bill, Lee Hurst is as good as Geoff, Ian Wallace is as good as William and Steve Hunt is as good as Ernie.

skybluedan

If the thread had of been the worst footballer who plays with his dad I would of said bellamy

rupert_bear

As said before it has to be Jonathon Gould playing for dad Bobby. Dropping Oggy for that plank proved to me what an overrated self centred tripe hound BG was, still is.

torchomatic

Gavin and Gordon S. It has to be. Both piss poor.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

James Smith

Did find the sight of GS running up and down the touchline shouting at players amusing, especially when they weren't expecting it.

Grendel

Possibly but Jonathan Gould being preferred to ogrizovic has to be up with them.

Rusty Trombone

I remember Gould being in goal for the great 5.1 win over Liverpool at Highfield Rd in 92-93.

He also played over 150 games for Celtic winning the League and Cup many times.

I am not in any way saying he was any good, in fact I thought he was very poor, especially at crosses. I always thought he wore his shorts pulled up too high as well, not a good look.

Users who are viewing this thread