Who is to blame? (1 Viewer)

Terry Gibson's perm

Have the new contracts for next season been offered yet? Maybe some who are not getting them are sulking or maybe the ones that have been offered them are:facepalm:

Otis

Have the new contracts for next season been offered yet? Maybe some who are not getting them are sulking or maybe the ones that have been offered them are:facepalm:
That's happened before. Players who have known they aren't being retained having a drop in form and desire.

Coleman did it didn't he? The numpty! Thought it was wise to tell players before the end of the season that they wouldn't be needed at the end of the season.

Terry Gibson's perm

That's happened before. Players who have known they aren't being retained having a drop in form and desire.

Coleman did it didn't he? The numpty! Thought it was wise to tell players before the end of the season that they wouldn't be needed at the end of the season.

I am sure they said the other day that Joe Cole had been offered a deal but was considering a move abroad.

The club is still a shambles and the good start to the season has papered over the cracks.

Otis

Is there something to be said in regard to the fact that after we thrashed Crewe 5-0 we didn't then win for 5 games?

Beat Bury 6-0 and next game we're crap.

Arrogance perhaps? A notion that we are better than we think we are after these one off hammerings?

Skybluefaz

So what is it then because you can't go from being top of league and spanking teams for fun to a side like yesterday who looked so lacklustre and no ideas.

You talking of promotion? Be lucky to make the playoffs at this rate.

Leicester City seem to be a case in point that you can go from shite to great. If you think back to Leyton Orient a couple of seasons back they were coasting the league and then it all fell apart.

For a while for some reason the team had terrific synergy, was it simply playing staff or something off field? I guess a combination of the two. One things for sure though, things can go shit shaped over night and Tony has to get us back to the early season form asap if we are going to stick in the play offs.

SkyblueBazza

Perhaps it is a combination of two things overall...

1. Reality bites: many of us thought early in the season about making hay while the sun shines...& rather than looking at how far from promotion we were - how far from relegation we were! Perhaps we HAVE been in a slightly false position.

2. Numbers: as I said on another thread a while back. Waggott leaned the hard way to leave the football to those that know football. Is Anderson exerting unwelcome influence with his stats that TM cannot argue against with hard numbers? TM loses heart...the team sense it...performance suffers.

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Hobo

Absolutely. What's even sadder is when the fans continually blame manager after manager after manager and player after player after player without pointing a finger at the owner and her succession of yes men CEOs.

There is no question that the spirit and fight of the team and its management has dissipated over the last two months. Yes, they are professional sportsmen and should always try their best but they are also human and they respond to the environment in which they work.

The reality of running any business is that when the people at the top of the organization are clueless, the organization as a whole becomes dysfunctional from top to bottom. CCFC will never have prolonged success on the field until it gets things right off the field.

For the naysayers (Nick et al.) please name a single organization that has clueless ownership and yet which operates as a successful enterprise.

Spot on.

Gazolba

<snip>. Barnsley were 22 points behind us 3 months ago. <snip> Who is to blame?
I don't think anyone at Cov is to blame for Barnsley's good run. Sometimes you just come up against a better team who you would lose to even if you were on a good run. As for our poor run there are many factors, you can't just point to one or two. And you probably cannot fix it by changing one thing.

wingy

I don't think anyone at Cov is to blame for Barnsley's good run. Sometimes you just come up against a better team who you would lose to even if you were on a good run. As for our poor run there are many factors, you can't just point to one or two. And you probably cannot fix it by changing one thing.
Are you sure?
Their three goals against us seem to have ignited what had been a disastrous season for them.
Our big time charlie, lack of proffessionalism started with that showing on that Tuesday night.

singers_pore

In all of Mowbray's interviews after the recent defeats he basically says "Oh well, it wasn't our day". He doesn't seem to show any real concern or passion and that's being mirrored by the players as well.

thewards5579

He probably has an offer from a championship club already in, my guess is derby or one of the relegated geordie clubs more likely

Sent from my Harrier Mini from EE using Tapatalk

4waspsting

Too may Cock Suckers that is a problem no twat can sort this out,be different next season most of the cunts will be gone can always start again with a full clean sheet ie players and manager / back room staff thats usually the norm solution from the directors. Then Sisu struggling for some cash

dadgad

Exactly
It is not only obvious it is the same in any organisation.
Wouldn't surprise me that Maddison was sold to pay legal bills

Absolutely. What's even sadder is when the fans continually blame manager after manager after manager and player after player after player without pointing a finger at the owner and her succession of yes men CEOs.

There is no question that the spirit and fight of the team and its management has dissipated over the last two months. Yes, they are professional sportsmen and should always try their best but they are also human and they respond to the environment in which they work.

The reality of running any business is that when the people at the top of the organization are clueless, the organization as a whole becomes dysfunctional from top to bottom. CCFC will never have prolonged success on the field until it gets things right off the field.

For the naysayers (Nick et al.) please name a single organization that has clueless ownership and yet which operates as a successful enterprise.

SlowerThanPlatt

He probably has an offer from a championship club already in, my guess is derby or one of the relegated geordie clubs more likely

Sent from my Harrier Mini from EE using Tapatalk

I don't think Tony Mowbray would even make a 50 man shortlist for Sunderland or Newcastle

The Lurker

What are you saying? Yes Barnsley have been on a good run but we've been on a piss poor run, 2 wins in 15 matches is shocking! Whatever are the factors it's going to cost us a playoff place. Yet fans still think we're in a good position. It's laughable

Chipfat

I cant see this all being on the players and manager, something has gone on they have lost heart, why? . I dont think they can escape the responsibility as pro's but something is not right.

Otis

I cant see this all being on the players and manager, something has gone on they have lost heart, why? . I dont think they can escape the responsibility as pro's but something is not right.
It keep comes back though that this has happened to Mowbray teams before, TWICE!

Was there something wrong behind the scenes there too, or is it just built into his make up?

If this is the 3rd time that worries the hell out of me and let's face it, if he had done this 3 times before, before we got him in here, we wouldn't have wanted to touch him with a barge pole!

This is looking very likely to be the 3rd time his teams have blown a place in the play-offs and slid down the table.

I just cannot get that out of my head. If he hasn't learnt after three occasions, will he ever?

jimchin

It keep comes back though that this has happened to Mowbray teams before, TWICE!

Was there something wrong behind the scenes there too, or is it just built into his make up?

If this is the 3rd time that worries the hell out of me and let's face it, if he had done this 3 times before, before we got him in here, we wouldn't have wanted to touch him with a barge pole!

This is looking very likely to be the 3rd time his teams have blown a place in the play-offs and slid down the table.

I just cannot get that out of my head. If he hasn't learnt after three occasions, will he ever?

Nope....evidently not, his sides obviously start well, get found out as the season progresses and he can't react....

higgs

If our owners spent some money on good players in our division for small fees and showed some ambition we might have a chance of getting out of this division. Loans and freebies are getting us no where we need investment

Nick

Administrator
If our owners spent some money on good players in our division for small fees and showed some ambition we might have a chance of getting out of this division. Loans and freebies are getting us no where we need investment
Don't we have good players for this league?

higgs

In hindsight I suppose they aren't much better than alot of players in our league when u see the likes of adjose winnall madden sharp scoring same kind of numbers of goals as arma then if we spent some money and got two goal scorers in we would have had chance instead we are left with maf and Henderson and tudgay to score the goals

Nick

Administrator
In hindsight I suppose they aren't much better than alot of players in our league when u see the likes of adjose winnall madden sharp scoring same kind of numbers of goals as arma then if we spent some money and got two goal scorers in we would have had chance instead we are left with maf and Henderson and tudgay to score the goals
But then it means playing two strikers every game

Users who are viewing this thread