Who should be moved on? (1 Viewer)

Haynes - Release by mutual.
O’Brien - I’d like us to get a better keeper than Burge and keep Burge as backup.
Beavon - Release by mutual.
Camwell - Loan L2
Maycock - Loan L2
Finn - Loan L2
Addai - Release

Agree with all of that apart from Addai, I don’t know enough about him to comment and still very young... little point replacing a 3rd choice keeper I would have thought ?

Last edited:

Hobo

Releasing players under contract is easier said than done unless you have a potential buyer or someone who wants the player on loan and prepared to take on at least a portion of their wages.

Just releasing players means paying them off which means you spend budget and are paying for a player who is no longer part of the squad. Without deals to move Beavon and Haynes on and free up budget, I would rather keep them, because they are capable of playing a role even if just for a handful of games.

CCFC88

I think Ponticelli would be a decent loan signing for a lot of teams in L2, would be good to get him to a team that should be challenging, Northampton or MK Dons maybe.
Spending a season at a struggling team where hes not getting many chances will do him no good, at least give him a chance if he's going out on loan
Send him off until January and see how he/we are doing

Captain Dart

ponticelli would benefit from being a starter. league 2 loan might be worthwhile. even if only till xmass
Might be better to spend 1/2 season on loan for a National League team.

SkyBlueJord

Might be better to spend 1/2 season on loan for a National League team.
If we can guarantee a starting place, then league two would be perfect for 6months and reasses at christmas. He showed on a few occaisons that he has what it takes, I believe he just needs consistent game time to progress further.

Magwitch

Currently we have four strikers and all doing okay when they play including Ponticelli, Why loan him out ? As for others I think either Stokes or Haynes will go, possibly MacDonald unless we get a decent bid for Willis. I have a gut feeling Tony Andrue might be moved on, since he signed we have developed a system of play that works well since xmas anyway without him Bayliss and Shipley have emerged plus we now have Westbrook, the Dutchman Bouwe Bosma, Reise Allassani from Dulwich Hamlet and a fit again Jodie Jones aswell as the established Doyle and Kelly, Andrue will be one of out highest earners I’d think

Last edited:

Otis

Currently we have four strikers and all doing okay when they play including Ponticelli, Why loan him out ? As for others I think either Stokes or Haynes will go, possibly MacDonald unless we get a decent bid for Willis. I have a gut feeling Tony Andrue might be moved on, since he signed we have developed a system of play that works well since xmas anyway without him Bayliss and Shipley have emerged plus we now have Westbrook, the Dutchman Bouwe Bosma, Reise Alissini from Dulwich Hamlet and a fit again Jodie Jones. Andrue will be one of out highest earners I’d think
Stokes or Haynes?

Haynes then surely?

Stokes seems to have taken up the mantle and kept his place. Haynes wasn't even making the bench in the end on some occasions.

Surely if one has to go it will be Haynes you would have thought.

Magwitch

Of the two I’d keep Stokes can play centre back too, but I’m not a Haynes hater as some seem to be, another who could play midfield in front of a decent full back did well there when he first broke into the team a couple of years ago, but would be behind Shipley and Jones now I’d think.

shmmeee

I suspect we’ll go 451 again in L1. Robins loved that formation. And Andreu will play in the three behind the front man.

Otis

Andreu won't be moved on. Robins was practically salivating at the thought of playing him in the playoffs. I still think his intention is to build a system around Andreu in league 1.
Yeah, agree. After desperately wishing he was match fit so we could utilise him, I can't see Robins now moving him on.

Would be rather odd and on Haynes, he was struggling at times in League Two. Why would we now think he can make it at a level higher?

Liquid Gold

Haynes' time is surely up. Junior will most likely be first choice and Stokes can cover at CB if needed so is a better replacement. I also get the impression that he gets on with the squad more and is better for morale than Haynes. To be honest Haynes could try another season on the bench here and waste a year of development that means he never becomes a regular pro. It's in his best interest to go somewhere he'd be first choice now.

Otis

Haynes' time is surely up. Junior will most likely be first choice and Stokes can cover at CB if needed so is a better replacement. I also get the impression that he gets on with the squad more and is better for morale than Haynes. To be honest Haynes could try another season on the bench here and waste a year of development that means he never becomes a regular pro. It's in his best interest to go somewhere he'd be first choice now.
Yep. League Two or the National League. Not sure he has it in him to play higher up than that.

Liquid Gold

Yep. League Two or the National League. Not sure he has it in him to play higher up than that.
But apparently he shone when we loaned him out to Cambridge a couple years ago. A few fans praised him this year too when we were all arguing about him, Lincoln fans in particular said he was the best player on the pitch at the away game. I think Pressley ruined him for us, played him too much too soon and he feels the pressure of playing for Cov, going somewhere else might liberate him. I'd let him go on the cheap/free but stick in a decent sell on clause on the off chance he turns good.

Otis

But apparently he shone when we loaned him out to Cambridge a couple years ago. A few fans praised him this year too when we were all arguing about him, Lincoln fans in particular said he was the best player on the pitch at the away game. I think Pressley ruined him for us, played him too much too soon and he feels the pressure of playing for Cov, going somewhere else might liberate him. I'd let him go on the cheap/free but stick in a decent sell on clause on the off chance he turns good.
Yep, well, I have been hoping he would, but it's just not happening.

Magwitch

I understand your comments on Andrue and I’m certainly not chasing him out the club, but we have moved on since his unfortunate injury and looking at who has come in and as said the surprise emergence of both Bayliss and Shipley can we keep them all ? I look at the team that played at Wembley and wonder where Andrue would fit in and remember there’s Jodie Jones coming back too, Nice problem for Robins to have though.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I can see McDonald leaving. Since Yeovil he has certainly fallen out of favour.

Haynes - sure he was told last summer it was last chance saloon and he needed to up his game; I don’t think he did anything this season to suggest he’s done that

Ponti could benefit from going out on loan, but will depend on what we do in the window in the attacking areas

Doubt we’ll keep both Burge and OBrien although we have to bring someone in to replace one of them first; just our luck we’d get rid of one and then our target will escape us!

Otis

Haynes - sure he was told last summer it was last chance saloon and he needed to up his game; I don’t think he did anything this season to suggest he’s done that

Ponti could benefit from going out on loan, but will depend on what we do in the window in the attacking areas

Doubt we’ll keep both Burge and OBrien although we have to bring someone in to replace one of them first; just our luck we’d get rid of one and then our target will escape us!
Depends how much faith they have in Addai too.

I think we need to see what happened with McDonald. If he has fallen out of favour, then fair enough, but he did have a new baby come into the world and maybe it was all related to that and him not being settled.

There's definitely a good player in their somewhere, so it would be interesting to see where it went wrong.

If Robins doesn't think he's good enough then so be it and we move on.

wingy

For me it's on the phsychological side he needs to develop, like with Burge.

skyblueheaven

Stokes or Haynes?

Haynes then surely?

Stokes seems to have taken up the mantle and kept his place. Haynes wasn't even making the bench in the end on some occasions.

Surely if one has to go it will be Haynes you would have thought.
Both allowed to go on a free,Otis,from a
Good source.

Gibbo

Not sure another back up to the new signing Brown will be any better than Stokes. Might as well keep him. He is handy as a back up for more than one position. He is also old enough and mature enough (I sense) to know the score.

Otis

Both allowed to go on a free,Otis,from a
Good source.
Really? Very trustworthy source?

Shame if we were to see Stokes go, but he has been a bit injury-plagued.

Haynes I am not so bothered about.

So that leaves Brown and Camwell.

Greggs

If we could get a small fee for Rod, i'd let him go

Greggs

I hope Stokes doesn't leave. Seems to be an integral member in the changing room

Magwitch

I'm sure Robins will go back to 4231 and Andreu is the only player we have who can play in the 10 really.
He really has a lot of options now with his formations.gv
I hope Stokes doesn't leave. Seems to be an integral member in the changing room
Once match fit he did well in his first season but since his long term injury not quite the same. We are in a division higher and we’ve signed another left back can see why MR would move him on.

Greggs

He really has a lot of options now with his formations.gv

Once match fit he did well in his first season but since his long term injury not quite the same. We are in a division higher and we’ve signed another left back can see why MR would move him on.
He was more than comfortable in L1, can same be said for Haynes?

Irish Sky Blue

Won’t that be Addai?

Irish Sky Blue

No, he’s not ready and will likely be loaned out
I haven’t seen him play much but having given him the contract you would think that they have seen something in him.Isn't he 20 now. If so he should really be pushing for a place. I suppose that if he was loaned out they could see how well he develops and then make a decision on a contract for next year.

skyblueheaven

Really? Very trustworthy source?

Shame if we were to see Stokes go, but he has been a bit injury-plagued.

Haynes I am not so bothered about.

So that leaves Brown and Camwell.
A good source Otis,for obvious reasons i can’t say who,or I will not get any information in the future. Like yourself we were surprised to hear that stokes had been told he can go on a free,if he can find a club then nobody would stand in his Way.

PTA

I agree, plus he seems to actually seems to have some balls like Doyle, and we'll need that even more next season in a higher division.

shmmeee

Seems silly to let Stokes go. Can’t be on that much, decent backup to two positions and seemingly a model pro to have around the club.

Unless we’ve got some superstar left back lined up or Camwell is a lot further forward in his development than he appears.

Users who are viewing this thread