Who Should SP Try To Bring In (1 Viewer)

Sbarcher

Get in Dana - Doggy.

mattylad

TF will force SP to sign one directions Harry Styles to fill sixfields empty seats with screaming teen girls.

Manchester_sky_blue

I reckon he might try and get Aaron Martin back from Saints, seemed to rate him.

He did ok and i think Saints have said they were happy to loan him out again. If we could bring him in on a season long loan and then sign another CB on a free that would help considerably. Would allow Clarke to be competition/cover for Christie and would then have 4 recognized CB's including Willis allowing for proper rotation and/or competition.

ajsccfc

Central defence has got to be where he's looking I'd have thought. Everywhere else we've got some kind of cover even if it can't legally vote or smoke, but we're already playing a fullback in the middle so one injury or suspension and it's curtains.

ccfc_Tom

Mcphail from cardiff is going on a free and david somma from leeds they'd be good. Need another CB too, Reid/Martin?

SkyBlue76

I hope he gets Haskell in to shore up the defence (buy the Ricoh and keep SISU out).

Then he should bring Byng in to put strength up front (an aggressive take-over bid).

ajsccfc

Ellery Cairo was such a letdown. I was expecting... well, anything. He may as well have just been a rumour with a squad number.

SkyBlueM

Can we bring in 2 now that both Burge and Edge have gone ? I would still like to see another centre half brought in, after that i am not sure we could probably do with some strengthening in several areas.

Manchester_sky_blue

Just browsing the PFA transfer list and there are a few CB's going on frees who could probably do a job.

Matt Bates, ex of Middlesbrough, latterly with Bristol City could be worth a punt. Few old hands available in the shape of Shelton Martis & Patrick Kisnorbo. Chris Hogg latterly of Cally Thistle might be a player that Elvis knows about.

ccfc_Tom

Just browsing the PFA transfer list and there are a few CB's going on frees who could probably do a job.

Matt Bates, ex of Middlesbrough, latterly with Bristol City could be worth a punt. Few old hands available in the shape of Shelton Martis & Patrick Kisnorbo. Chris Hogg latterly of Cally Thistle might be a player that Elvis knows about.
That martis used to be class thought he was still doncaster first team

Manchester_sky_blue

That martis used to be class thought he was still doncaster first team

He was released back in Feb.

Quite a few decent players available on a free but I doubt we could attract them. Gary Taylor-Fletcher would be class but he's on trial at Sheff Wed. Even if doesn't work out for him there still think he can do better than us.

Hobo

Re Johnson loan from Wolves I believe there might be off the pitch issues...couple of seasons ago though he looked quality.

Sbarcher

Gray wants to return from Cyprus. He wrote a blog recently in it he said Steve Bruce told him he could play for England.

ajsccfc

Ebanks Blake must have a line of suitors, he's a bit of a Championship goal machine outside of Wolves' bizarro year last season.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
My worries about getting free transfers this time of the season is fitness.

Remember when we signed Eastwood? He was with a club, but just had no pre season. And it took him until his return to Southend to get fit (I don't remember him being fit at any point with us).

Think we got lucky finding Webster who kept his fitness up because of his international call ups.

ajsccfc

Wasn't it the same with McDonald too? He 'didn't have a pre-season' or something similar which was to excuse his uselessness.

Users who are viewing this thread