why all the negativity? (1 Viewer)

Kenty

yes he was a good manager and done his bit but
any manager coming at the time he did would have looked good after thourn onwards and upwards who's to say that history wills show that this was a good and positive thing to happen to our club

Coventrycityfc

LIKE - Tell me who wouldn't leave if some one offered a quadruple salary increase, stable club, vision, money etc etc. We have been here too many times before, lets get behind the players and give our loyal support PUSB CTID

Kenty

Spot on no person is bigger than the club
we need to search in the lower divisions for an up and coming manager 1 with the winning mentality robbins had with no lose contract for coventry city club

Mucca Mad Boys

LIKE - Tell me who wouldn't leave if some one offered a quadruple salary increase, stable club, vision, money etc etc. We have been here too many times before, lets get behind the players and give our loyal support PUSB CTID

Have considered the increase in risk in taking the job?

Such as; a volatile Chairman who sacked a manager on a 45+ unbeaten streak, and a manger who got them promoted, the risk his system won't work at Hudds, the risk of getting relegated, and if that doesn't lead to his sacking, the humiliation of either: CCFC overtaking them OR boing nowhere and having to play us again.

Isn't all rosy is it!?

Yorkshire SB

Have considered the increase in risk in taking the job?

Such as; a volatile Chairman who sacked a manager on a 45+ unbeaten streak, and a manger who got them promoted, the risk his system won't work at Hudds, the risk of getting relegated, and if that doesn't lead to his sacking, the humiliation of either: CCFC overtaking them OR boing nowhere and having to play us again.

Isn't all rosy is it!?

Football management is high risk, but I'm sure he's backing himself! He's been given an opportunity and taken it, and I think it's what any ambitious person would do.

As for their chairman, precedent shows Grayson knows what it takes to get a team out of League 1 into the Championship..but no further, and their slide indicated such (though it was a little harsh). As for Lee Clarke, the most over rated manager of all time. Spent 5 times as much as any other League 1 club and all they could do was draw, sacked him and brought Grayson in, and they achieved promotion a few months later. If robins guides them to a top half finish you could actually call him a shrewd chairman..

Diehard Si

As each day has gone on I've mellowed on it.

Bad things and tough situations make you stronger, as a club we must be pretty ripped by now.

You never know, what seams like a good thing can be disastrous ( look at Leeds thinking they are in the big time in the champ league)...

What seems like the end of the world can be the start of something special. Look at Southampton, relegated to league 1 now in the prem.

Kenty

A lot of if's we need to now push on and try and get in the play off's it is going to be a massive task for all involved but we can do it just hope we act quick in bringing in a new manager.

covhead1

As each day has gone on I've mellowed on it.

Bad things and tough situations make you stronger, as a club we must be pretty ripped by now.

You never know, what seams like a good thing can be disastrous ( look at Leeds thinking they are in the big time in the champ league)...

What seems like the end of the world can be the start of something special. Look at Southampton, relegated to league 1 now in the prem.

I agree with most of what you say
but Southampton.had lots of money, a massive factor in their success, which is why we won't get Adkins, we are skint.

Users who are viewing this thread