Why are the FL taking so long? (1 Viewer)

Bluegloucester

Whilst I tend to agree with everything you state here I have to say, in fairness to ACL, arbitration is far more expensive than litigation (as you have to pay for the venue and the arbitrator) and, perhaps, that is why ACL favoured litigation?

Obviously, the major advantage of arbitration is the fact the dispute would remain in private.

Arbitration is a damn site cheaper than litigation.

georgehudson

i seriously hope that Ms Justice Proudman is fully reading, understanding, & interpreting a chronoligical account of all of the events & statements from all parties since Dec 2007,
& further that it is not the football club (CCFC) who need to be admonished,
but purely those who have created this mess,
PUSB

Spencer

Arbitration is a damn site cheaper than litigation.

Absolutely untrue (and I'm speaking as a qualified non-practising arbitrator).

Arbitration was started, and meant to be, a cheaper alternative to litigation without the costs associated with it (ie legal representation).. However, it didn't take long before solicitors and barristers joined the party and arbitration became more expensive than litigation (as I said before in litigation the venue and judge is free - in arbitration it's not).

Adjudication and mediation are much cheaper but justice in such arenas is, by the fact it is quicker process, less precise.

Feel free to check the website of chartered institute of arbitrators where this is concerned to be a universal truth.

If I'm honest bluegloucester I think this demonstrates your strength of feeling, and how it colours your opinion, as you clearly disagree with anything from someone you see as being pro-SISU.

Last edited:

Spencer

Have you seen the costs involved in even straightforward quick-fix litigation? The costs involved in Court so far already probably outweigh the value of our entire squad!

Is there such a thing as quick fix litigation? In my view as soon as lawyers are consulted the parties have lost and the only winners are the lawyers (and yes I've seen the costs of litigation - approx £1k per day for a barrister and somewhere between £250 - £500 per hour for a partner level solicitor who will be assisted, generally, by a junior fee earner on £80 to £150 per hour).

sky blue john

Its not in the Football leagues interest to make a quick decision because of so many unknowns. They may let it unfold a bit before they decide.
At the end of the day they will want to punish the club and unless we were in a play off place a 10 point reduction this year is not a punishment.

Sky Blue Pete

Its not in the Football leagues interest to make a quick decision because of so many unknowns. They may let it unfold a bit before they decide.
At the end of the day they will want to punish the club and unless we were in a play off place a 10 point reduction this year is not a punishment.
That's how I see it too

I think if a points deduction after the last thursday in march would mean relegation, then the points could come off before the end of the season. If you were going to be relegated anyway the points deduction would happen next season. I may be wrong...

As a fan of DRFC I have no strong feeling about any points deduction for your club, as I am more concerned with ours. I also don't think the FL wants to punish CCFC, more that it has to punish the club.

Unfortunately it will be the supporters who suffer most from any such punishments, and not the perpetrators of the events leading up to it. That is the injustice here...

Wm65

Under FL rules if the club is in admin by the last Thursday of march then there will be points reduction this season.

They can't decide to change the rules on that.

They can decide on what punishment they see fit - a token 10 points would mean nothing this season - expect at least 20 if not more next season.

italiahorse

It's in our interest though if its more than 10 points.
With no points it should be all out for a win against Doncaster in the hope of promotion.
With 10 points then play the kids as it does not matter.
20 points then we need to at least get a draw.
25 points ?

SonofErnie

It's in our interest though if its more than 10 points.
With no points it should be all out for a win against Doncaster in the hope of promotion.
With 10 points then play the kids as it does not matter.
20 points then we need to at least get a draw.
25 points ?

It shouldn't really matter. It's the players duty to go out on the pitch and try to win every game.

deanocity3

We are all talking about how many points we could lose,if it is that serious and the FL are making sure thay have found errors and breaches in FL rules they can relegate us.
As per Swindon in 1980's
Swindon were Second Division play-off winners, but the club later admitted 36 charges of breaching league rules, and were relegated to the Third Division — giving Sunderland promotion to the First Division and Tranmere Rovers to the Second Division. The scandal saw then chairman Brian Hillier being given a six-month prison sentence and chief accountant Vince Farrar being put on probation. A later appeal saw Swindon Town being allowed to stay in the Second Division.

CovLis86

So.. We could be allowed to stay in league one after an appeal, and see joy seppalla in jail!! Suddenly it sounds like another great possibility ;)

Users who are viewing this thread