Why Boxing should be banned ! (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Should Marathons be banned? Many more people die from them than boxing.

Nick

Administrator
chances-of-dying.jpg

Dont know how reliable, Id rather take a punch than a parachute jump!

clint van damme

there's now talk of banning 4G pitches due to the risk of getting cancer from those little black bits, it's getting ridiculous.

SkyblueBazza

chances-of-dying.jpg

Dont know how reliable, Id rather take a punch than a parachute jump!
Nah...I did a solo parachute jump & it's an exhilarating feeling free - falling. Would much rather go that way than through a possibly long drawn out wasting thanks to a punch

...onwards & upwards PUSB

SkyblueBazza

there's now talk of banning 4G pitches due to the risk of getting cancer from those little black bits, it's getting ridiculous.
Well...where would you draw the line against a proven risk?

Not every fair - skinned person gets skin cancer from baking themselves stupid in the sun...but I'd bet 99% of us use sunscreen. Not everyone catches HIV from unprotected anal sex either...but would you risk it?

chiefdave

Well...where would you draw the line against a proven risk?

The pitch stuff all seems to stem from one chap. His son got cancer and he somehow came to the conclusion the pitch caused it.

One of his quotes is "Lewis would be training on this stuff once or twice a week for four or five years, and he would come back telling me how he swallowed a lot of it, how it got into his eyes, and in cuts and grazes"

Now its been a while since I played football but I don't recall eating the pitch or getting it in my eyes.

clint van damme

The pitch stuff all seems to stem from one chap. His son got cancer and he somehow came to the conclusion the pitch caused it.

One of his quotes is "Lewis would be training on this stuff once or twice a week for four or five years, and he would come back telling me how he swallowed a lot of it, how it got into his eyes, and in cuts and grazes"

Now its been a while since I played football but I don't recall eating the pitch or getting it in my eyes.

it gets everywhere! But that doesn't mean it causes cancer.

SkyblueBazza

So proper tests ought to be able to identify the amount of risk...then the rest is up to the individual. You either choose to play on it or you don't. If money love (or potential of) means more than health it's no contest.

chiefdave

So proper tests ought to be able to identify the amount of risk...then the rest is up to the individual. You either choose to play on it or you don't. If money love (or potential of) means more than health it's no contest.

The Sports and Play Construction Association, which is the UK trade organisation for the sports and play facility construction industry, said there were "numerous research studies carried out worldwide" and "the current consensus is that the rubber crumb poses no significant health risk".

Gazolba

We all know that many sports are dangerous and injuries occur in most sports. But the big difference with boxing is that in boxing the point of the sport is to injure the other person. Cock-fighting and dog-fighting has been banned but we still allow people to beat each other to a pulp.

SkyblueBazza

We all know that many sports are dangerous and injuries occur in most sports. But the big difference with boxing is that in boxing the point of the sport is to injure the other person. Cock-fighting and dog-fighting has been banned but we still allow people to beat each other to a pulp.
Good point. We don't, on the other hand, allow people suffering from terminal illness to escape their pain through a "right to die".

Twisted logic exists at every turn in our 'modern' society doesn't it?

Nick

Administrator
But then chickens and dogs don't have a choice

Users who are viewing this thread