Why don't people indicate anymore? (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I do this when I have an idiot or boy racer pull alongside me. And mainly in my people carrier because it looks slow. It is a 3.3 V6 that is tuned up. And even better when they have passengers giving them stick for getting burned off by a bus :D

Had this other day with a bloke in a Zafira VXR, could see his mate egging him on and then laughing when his bluff backfired :)

In the olden days I'd have half tuned cars and stick a 1.1 Popular Plus badge on the back just for that reason!

Sky_Blue_Daz

People not stopping at zebra crossings, and people that cut across the petrol station forecourt to avoid traffic lights,scum sub human scum

jimmyhillsfanclub

Asl spots Make me just think wtf.
Is it there just for cyclists to race other cyclists . Like why don't you just wait like the rest of us , there's on magical car starting line we can all line up on and have a race , what exactly does a asl do?

I'm not sure why they have appeared all over urban roads in the last few years.....I believe there is a safety aspect to it as cyclists often get cut up by folks turning left at lights.....if they're out front then they are more visible & get a head start pulling away....

...personally I just use the space to show off by balancing stationary on my cleats until the lights change....:)

Pipehitterz

I'm not sure why they have appeared all over urban roads in the last few years.....I believe there is a safety aspect to it as cyclists often get cut up by folks turning left at lights.....if they're out front then they are more visible & get a head start pulling away....

...personally I just use the space to show off by balancing stationary on my cleats until the lights change....:)
haha I get it . They're there for you guys to entertain us while we wait for the lights. Good Work

Covstu

I am a cyclist too and cannot understand fella cyclists running lights or undertaking cars. The same rules apply but they think they can cut down the left instead of the right of the vehicle they are over taking.

AND another thing..... Motorcyclists, so many adverts about 'think bike' etc but don't they think that they cannot cut through traffic at ridiculous speeds and not think they are going to get hit?! Twats!

Nick

Administrator
AND another thing..... Motorcyclists, so many adverts about 'think bike' etc but don't they think that they cannot cut through traffic at ridiculous speeds and not think they are going to get hit?! Twats!

People on moto-x bikes on the road.

Had an incident years ago, one went into the side of me after flying out of an alley way into the side of my car while I was driving. I ended up having to pay for a new door and painting (cheaper than excess).

I got a talking to from the police for daring to confront the lads at the time, one lad went away in an ambulance.

I got a letter a few months later saying they couldn't identify the lads so the case was going no further. No charges to anybody else.

Shocking!

RegTheDonk

Don't get me started on cyclists.

It is the ones who think they own the road, wear a camera on them and give it loads to every other driver. Saw one yesterday just fly through a red light like it wasn't there, another one go to the front of the lights and sit in front of the cars so when it changes it slows everything down.

Couldn't agree more Nick. If a car driver was to cross on a red because there were no cars coming, he'd rightly get a ticket.

This did happen to me a year or so back, overtook a cyclist who was about 4 feet from the kerb, so gave him as much room as I could. At the next set of lights he bangs my passenger window and says I was too close and he's got it recorded and is going to give it to the police. I said no probs, just make sure you include the bit earlier when you went across a red light while everyone else was parked.

There was a doc on TV a couple of years ago, lots of interviews with cyclists. It was billed as how much crap they have to put up with but, actually, most of them came across as complete tossers and half the prog was from car drivers with dash cams showing how some jump lights, ride on pavements, ride two abreast, cut across you without signaling, or deliberately ride in the middle of the lane rather than keeping to the left. Not all cyclists are nobs of course, but like car drivers, you always hear about the few letting the side down.

Nick

Administrator
Couldn't agree more Nick. If a car driver was to cross on a red because there were no cars coming, he'd rightly get a ticket.

This did happen to me a year or so back, overtook a cyclist who was about 4 feet from the kerb, so gave him as much room as I could. At the next set of lights he bangs my passenger window and says I was too close and he's got it recorded and is going to give it to the police. I said no probs, just make sure you include the bit earlier when you went across a red light while everyone else was parked.

There was a doc on TV a couple of years ago, lots of interviews with cyclists. It was billed as how much crap they have to put up with but, actually, most of them came across as complete tossers and half the prog was from car drivers with dash cams showing how some jump lights, ride on pavements, ride two abreast, cut across you without signaling, or deliberately ride in the middle of the lane rather than keeping to the left. Not all cyclists are nobs of course, but like car drivers, you always hear about the few letting the side down.

I think I saw something like it, the cyclists they showed all had cameras, blogs etc where they would film things and "name and shame" cars who dared to be within 10 foot of them.

Some of them go mental, have seen it before where they think you are too close and start banging on windows giving it crap about being filmed. Happened to my mate so his passenger just filmed him filming back and didn't like it.

It's not all cyclists.

Same as people on horses, I always slow right down and leave as much space as possible, usually going about 5-10mph so the horse doesn't spook. Had some silly bitch shouting her head off saying slow down, was doing less than 10mph and was nearly on the kerb on the opposite side!

tommydazzle

Motorbikes in my experience and without exception are always breaking the speed limit. I drive to the speed limit and if I see a motorbike in my rear view mirror I know that he won't be there for long. I can't ever remember a motorbike being content to keep to 60 or 70 mph.

Astute

Motorbikes in my experience and without exception are always breaking the speed limit. I drive to the speed limit and if I see a motorbike in my rear view mirror I know that he won't be there for long. I can't ever remember a motorbike being content to keep to 60 or 70 mph.

I don't keep to the speed limit. I have had my licence for over 30 years with both bikes and cars. I have never had an accident other than coming off a bike when a car has pulled out in front of me Anf I have never had any points on my licence. And I have done up to 55,000 miles a year.

The biggest dangers are drivers that don't concentrate, drivers that don't have a clue on driving safely and those who think their driving skills are much better than they really are.

tommydazzle

I don't keep to the speed limit. I have had my licence for over 30 years with both bikes and cars. I have never had an accident other than coming off a bike when a car has pulled out in front of me Anf I have never had any points on my licence. And I have done up to 55,000 miles a year.

The biggest dangers are drivers that don't concentrate, drivers that don't have a clue on driving safely and those who think their driving skills are much better than they really are.

I rest my case.....and presumably your last sentence applies to you?

Marty

I ride in the middle of the road when I need to, mainly going round parked cars I leave a 2-3 foot gap in case the door swings open, or when the surface of the road is so bad on the side.

I've seen a lot ride in the middle to provoke a reaction though, the new thing with helmet cams and posting on youtube is utterly ridiculous, what are they hoping to achieve? I can understand people doing it for their own safety but having a hissy fit on the road then crying on youtube just doesn't sit right with me.

NorthernWisdom

I've seen a lot ride in the middle to provoke a reaction though

Yeah, usually kind of sympathetic to cyclists... until some twat near Coombe Abbey decided he wanted to move into the middle of the road, and then start gesticulating when I went round him crossing the double white line.

As it happens... I'm entitled to do that. I'm not going at 10mph just because he wants to be a cock.

Nick

Administrator
I ride in the middle of the road when I need to, mainly going round parked cars I leave a 2-3 foot gap in case the door swings open, or when the surface of the road is so bad on the side.

I've seen a lot ride in the middle to provoke a reaction though, the new thing with helmet cams and posting on youtube is utterly ridiculous, what are they hoping to achieve? I can understand people doing it for their own safety but having a hissy fit on the road then crying on youtube just doesn't sit right with me.

Don't get me wrong, if they have a helmet and get knocked off by somebody driving dangerously it's great.

I can totally see why some drivers give them a slap though the way they act.

Astute

I rest my case.....and presumably your last sentence applies to you?

In what way are you saying that?

In over 30 years of driving I haven't had any accidents. This includes driving all over Europe. I have never had any points on my licence. I do track days in a car you couldn't handle. It has over 500bhp and is FWD. I have never binned it yet.

So what is your driving record like that makes you so much better?

Nick

Administrator
I don't think many people can 100% hand on heart say they have never broken the speed limit.

I find some old people, or people who hesitate very dangerous.

Astute

I don't think many people can 100% hand on heart say they have never broken the speed limit.

I find some old people, or people who hesitate very dangerous.

I agree.

The ones I also see as bad drivers who drive well under the speed limit or those that don't concentrate on the road but concentrate more on their speedo to make sure they don't go over the limit.

mrtrench

On this topic, does anyone else think speed bumps are useless? If anything they slow you down.

Astute

On this topic, does anyone else think speed bumps are useless? If anything they slow you down.

I agree with them being around schools. That is one place for sure that speed limits should be lower and adhered to. But I have had a car damaged a few times by speed humps and potholes. The last time was a speed hump that was too big. I had a squeal from my belts after going over it. I stopped and opened the bonnet to see the fanbelt had raised over the edge of the top pulley. Before I could turn the ignition off it frayed and went into where the cambelt is. It wiped my engine out.

Was good news in a way as I decided to take my new build from 350bhp to just over 500bhp. It is worth it just to see the face of those in expensive motors on track when they get left standing by a Fiat :D

Pipehitterz

I agree with them being around schools. That is one place for sure that speed limits should be lower and adhered to. But I have had a car damaged a few times by speed humps and potholes. The last time was a speed hump that was too big. I had a squeal from my belts after going over it. I stopped and opened the bonnet to see the fanbelt had raised over the edge of the top pulley. Before I could turn the ignition off it frayed and went into where the cambelt is. It wiped my engine out.

Was good news in a way as I decided to take my new build from 350bhp to just over 500bhp. It is worth it just to see the face of those in expensive motors on track when they get left standing by a Fiat :D
is your car made from plastic?
i hit speed bumps at the law average, 30 mph or 20 where designated too, and ive never hurt any of my cars
i cannot stand folk slowing to 2mph to go over them,

wingy

i hit speed bumps at the law average, 30 mph or 20 where designated too, and ive never hurt any of my cars
What I don't like is that they are not consistent and come in different forms.
Some are effective and comfortable, not causing certain clunks from the suspension or incurring back /neck discomfort.
Examples of good are the flat topped ones like between Bulkington and Bedworth.
The less so being arched like on Dane Rd or the sort that are individual to the lane you're in which are either too wide,off centre or occasionally three abreast.
One the worst developments of the recent era is lack of consistency, especially at islands and certain other junctions.
To start allowing priority from the left here and there, or particularly the confusion of which lane to be in as some give an exit to left turn, some right and some both

Astute

Depends what I am driving. Motorhome and people carrier are high up and softish suspension. You hardly notice them unless they are big. My MG is low down so have to take it easy. My Fiat is low down with stiff suspension. I take the long way round to miss them out altogether :D

LastGarrison

What I don't like is that they are not consistent and come in different forms.
Some are effective and comfortable, not causing certain clunks from the suspension or incurring back /neck discomfort.
Examples of good are the flat topped ones like between Bulkington and Bedworth.
The less so being arched like on Dane Rd or the sort that are individual to the lane you're in which are either too wide,off centre or occasionally three abreast.
One the worst developments of the recent era is lack of consistency, especially at islands and certain other junctions.
To start allowing priority from the left here and there, or particularly the confusion of which lane to be in as some give an exit to left turn, some right and some both

One of the ones at Central 6 is ridiculous and I wouldn't even contemplate going over at anything but about 10mph! Same as the ones inside the car park at Touchwood, completely unnecessary!!

wingy

One of the ones at Central 6 is ridiculous and I wouldn't even contemplate going over at anything but about 10mph! Same as the ones inside the car park at Touchwood, completely unnecessary!!
Yeah I know that one.
Need a Sherman tank for that one.

Sick Boy

The biggest danger on motorways are middle lane hoggers who are too thick to understand the concept of keep left.

Or those who sit doing 40mph in the outside lane and who then speed up when you try and undertake them...selfish pricks...Thanks for risking our lives cos you are a bellend who can't concentrate.

Nick

Administrator
Also people who drive at 30 in a 30 but then stay at 30 when it changes to national speed limit. Then when you overtake they get angry and flash their lights and shout and stuff.

Also, potholes piss me right off. Especially at night when you can't see them, I remember Penny Park Lane back in the day, you had to do a slalom.

chiefdave

I agree with them being around schools.

Don't get me started on schools. I live about 100 foot from a primary school. The parents are a nightmare. They will quite happily block the road, park on corners blocking the view etc but moan about non-parents being a danger to their kids!

What happened to people walking to school?

Pipehitterz

i'll give you the Dane road ones, too tall, althought it is a school road, strange tho they let walsgrave road drive as fast as they want around the other side of the school
car park ones being harsh to drive over is fine by me, you shouldnt be driving faster than 10mph in a car park

Johnnythespider

People who start to pull out at an island and then stop when you are looking to the right and pulling out yourself, so that before you know it you have gone into the back of them.

lifeskyblue

I think there are a greater percentage of drivers on the roads who have never passed a driving test

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robbieray

I overtook a fiesta 1 litre with a big bore exhaust on the Bedworth bypass he was doing 50 I was at 80 in my Aston Martin V8 Vantage and the little shit put his grubby little two fingers up ...i ask you

Users who are viewing this thread