Why go on the pitch (1 Viewer)

Ads87

Great result today, second half performance and goals were quality.
Can anyone explain or justify the behaviour of the City so called fans who thought it was a good idea to barge there way past stewards go onto the pitch and throw the corner flag around??
Complete disgrace in my view.

PUSB

Tommo72

Drama queen alert.

I can live with humour and over enthusiasm in the heat of the moment....

I can't live with smashing bars up etc...

Get over it

pusbccfc

Why not? I doubt there is a team in the land that celebrates like us.

RFC

I'm very ashamed. Have attended ALL the HOME games at Sixfields.

Just a committed supporter who wants to back Gregor ( very sorry to learn if your departure ), Steven, ALL his back room staff!

Buy the way, who's bank rolling the Club?

Many thanks O, TF & SW for all your superb efforts & knowledgable contribution.

Someday maybe? No I give up all hope.

PUSB!

theferret

Just high spirits in the heat of the moment. No malice in it. Why do some people try so hard to put a negative spin on everything?

Quote from the manager at wetherspoons after the game: "we took 8000 in four hours and couldn't believe how well behaved you all were and how patient you were because we were understaffed"

Fans were a credit to the club and city today.

RFC

Once again HELP! Get a ***** please.

Must look at the far bigger picture, sooner rather than later.

Do you want our Club to still exsist in 3 to 6 years time' OR NOT?

We won't if either the club or our owners ( WHOEVER THEY ARE ? ) own our ground + ALL income streams, after all it's not "Rocket Science" is it??????????????????

sw88

Chief Commentator!
To be honest, I thought, especially the first incident of fans encroaching the playing area (or the area around it anyway) this was purely accidental, maybe one or two took advantage, but it was simply the amount of fans trying to get to the front of the celebrations forced it out of the stand, and the stewards appeared to use common sense; allowing fans to return rather than trying to grab the odd one and make an example of them by removing them from the ground.

Was the other side of the second incident so not sure if more malice / pitch invasion intentions were present or not, but it appeared it only got out of hand when the stewards got involved. Although the prat who threw the corner flag pole, you are a moron! ;)

Let's face it, it wasn't as if the same intent as Stevenage was there!

Edit: Just seen goals on SSN and could clearly see fans just let themselves onto the playing area, and it wasn't just through an overflow of numbers.

Last edited:

ccfcway

Just a committed supporter who wants to back Gregor ( very sorry to learn if your departure ), Steven, ALL his back room staff!

PUSB!

TF and "superb efforts" in the sentence.

:D

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Once again HELP! Get a ***** please.

Must look at the far bigger picture, sooner rather than later.

Do you want our Club to still exsist in 3 to 6 years time' OR NOT?

We won't if either the club or our owners ( WHOEVER THEY ARE ? ) own our ground + ALL income streams, after all it's not "Rocket Science" is it??????????????????

Are you drunk? None of your posts on this thread make sense and why are you bringing Sixfields into this thread?

Sutty

There were some very young ball-boys caught up in it, ended up running for cover.

May not have been malice in it, but actions have consequences.

swisstony

I witnessed stewards being punched !!!
6 quid an hour for that shit.
Absolute disgrace!!!!
If I knew them I'd shop the cowardly bastards!!!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I witnessed stewards being punched !!!
6 quid an hour for that shit.
Absolute disgrace!!!!
If I knew them I'd shop the cowardly bastards!!!

Only sick squid an hour? When I was a steward back at Highfield Rd in the late 90's, I got £23 each game. Even if teams are in the "3rd division" like us, surely it's more than sick squid these days?

cloughie

PUSB!

cloughie

PUSB!

I would be very ashamed if I had attended sixfields for every game, Shame on you

bigfatronssba

PUSB!

What's attending sixfields got to do with anything mentioned by the op? I know you won't answer that anyway as you ignore anything that challenges your wum comments.

As for going on the pitch, I neither condone nor commend the actions of those who go on the pitch.

However if the FL don't follow its own regulations then why should the fans?

WTF has who is bankrolling the club got to do with people going on the pitch?

You really are an arse of the highest order.

I really don't think I've ever come across someone as thick as you.

SonOfSnoz

As if Sisu would pay wages!
Probably get people to volunteer their services & throw in the odd fisty cuff!
We're a club in debt & homeless!
Anyway isn't it Northampton stewards now?

skybluesham

I sat near the gate near the corner flag that was taken out, you should've seen the fans faces when that goal went in!! It's like they had a desperate urge to go on the pitch, they were all waiting before he took the free kick

jesus-wept

Unfortunately 10 stewards stood facing a crowd don't have anywhere near the same deterrent than one copper with his silly hat on. As for the corner flag incident, silly and stupid yes, malicious no, but as I watched I noticed a fan, not the one who threw it putting it back and was then grabbed seemingly by the throat by stewards and I think this sparked a bit of an incident between his mates and some stewards

skybluetony176

PUSB!

they've dwindled the club down that much i think i could bank roll it at the moment and i don't earn a great deal over minimum wage, so not something to thank them for really is it.

ps. its good off you to admit that you're ashamed of attending every "home" game at sixfields. i would be ashamed too.

Last edited:

skybluetony176

I sat near the gate near the corner flag that was taken out, you should've seen the fans faces when that goal went in!! It's like they had a desperate urge to go on the pitch, they were all waiting before he took the free kick

i think i was sat in the other corner as i don't recall a corner flag getting ripped out, but after the fans were ushered back to the stands by the stewards, the stewards were happily posing with the fans by the gate and were all having there photo's taken with the same fans that invaded the pitch.

if the stewards can take it in good humour i cant see why some fans want to put a downer on a great day.

I agree, normally I wouldn't agree with fans going on the pitch, but what a win! That gives us an excuse to go mental. I even took my shirt off!

letsallsingtogether

PUSB!

No need to feel ashamed that is your provocative I bet all the noise gave you a headache yesterday

Users who are viewing this thread