Why no knighthood for Jimmy Hill (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Dal

I was about to go to bed and decided to surf the web on Jimmy Hill then it dawned on me the question of why has Jimmy Hill not been given a knighthood.

After all he has done for football you think he would have easily been a candidate for one. Its a travesty. :mad:

Sadly Jimmy is so poorly it maybe too late for him now.

Anyone have an idea why? Was it because he was controversial or was he ever offered it but he refused to accept it?

Would be interesting to know how Jimmy slipped from there radar when they were handing out these knighthoods.

Unbelievable!!

Another who should have been knighted was Brian Clough. Another travesty.

What you guys think?

BTW ... found this e-petition to knight the great master. Does not look active though.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/25165

Last edited:

Paxman II

I think David Beckham is odds on for the gong.
Our Jimmy should get one really, I do agree. Think he has an OBE or something ?

Sometimes you can relate to who it's given too and other times you can't really understand it.

Brian Clough is a great shout but he was not an establishment guy was he and as such was overlooked time and again for the England job.
Yet here we are today still flogging a dead horse appointing those 'safe' England managers time and again and where has it ever got us?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I always refer to him as "Sir Jimmy Hill" anyway. Just sounds right!

wingy

I think David Beckham is odds on for the gong.
Our Jimmy should get one really, I do agree. Think he has an OBE or something ?

Sometimes you can relate to who it's given too and other times you can't really understand it.

Brian Clough is a great shout but he was not an establishment guy was he and as such was overlooked time and again for the England job.
Yet here we are today still flogging a dead horse appointing those 'safe' England managers time and again and where has it ever got us?
yeah Like Revie over Gordon Milne:mad:

Spionkop

Houchy is right. I too always think of him as Sir Jimmy Hill. Brilliant bloke. Though Mustard is right too, who wants an 'honour' from the shoddy, corrupt people that govern us? John Lennon had it right.

mark82

I was about to go to bed and decided to surf the web on Jimmy Hill then it dawned on me the question of why has Jimmy Hill not been given a knighthood.

After all he has done for football you think he would have easily been a candidate for one. Its a travesty. :mad:

Sadly Jimmy is so poorly it maybe too late for him now.

Anyone have an idea why? Was it because he was controversial or was he ever offered it but he refused to accept it?

Would be interesting to know how Jimmy slipped from there radar when they were handing out these knighthoods.

Unbelievable!!

Another who should have been knighted was Brian Clough. Another travesty.

What you guys think?

BTW ... found this e-petition to knight the great master. Does not look active though.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/25165

The petition was rejected as you cannot petition the government to give someone a knighthood. Not really in your remit.

You could start one on a private site and if it got enough signatures it may get some media attention and/or you could send it on to whoever makes these decisions.

Have a look at this:-

https://www.gov.uk/honours/overview

rupert_bear

Knighthoods are thrown about like confetti and i suggest they have outlived their purpose. Once they started giving the likes of Elton John and Mick Jagger them, both of whom i like by the way, it took the piss.

Sky Blue Dal

What annoys me is that out of all the Jimmy's they could have given a knighthood to, they gave to that nonce sa vile.:jerkit:

Alt least if our Jimmy got it, it would have been a fitting honour for the way he revolutionised football. But no that's not good enough for them.

and another thing why did Dame Kelly Holmes have the honour of officially opening the Ricoh ... Should have been him.

I give up. :facepalm:

What annoys me is that out of all the Jimmy's they could have given a knighthood to, they gave to that nonce sa vile.:jerkit:

Alt least if our Jimmy got it, it would have been a fitting honour for the way he revolutionised football. But no that's not good enough for them.

and another thing why did Dame Kelly Holmes have the honour of officially opening the Ricoh ... Should have been him.

I give up. :facepalm:

Good shout

Users who are viewing this thread