Why the arse with NTFC fans?! (1 Viewer)

Skyblueweeman

Reading some comments on some threads and it does make you wonder what's between the ears of some Cov fans. There seems to be some beef with some of their fans?

See it from their point of view. They've got their team who came within a whisker of coming up. Wouldn't we take some additional revenue to aide our teams promotion push? Off course we would. I can also understand their chairman making the decision he did. He didn't ask CCFC to come and play at Sixfields. We asked, offered some money and he said yes.

Greed? No. Financially beneficial to NTFC? Yes. They're taking money from SISU, they were offered, they didn't offer to take it.

Confused...

WM

CovFan

I wouldn't want us to take money to assist a club in alienating its fans and potentially putting itself on the road to destruction.

CJ_covblaze

Club's assisting in a morally wrong act but it's not the fans' fault.

SkyblueBazza

I wouldn't want us to take money to assist a club in alienating its fans and potentially putting itself on the road to destruction.

You'd rather your club went out of business than upset their fans? What a reasonable & thoroughly decent arse you are.

Tonylinc

Why is it morally wrong? NTFC are struggling: you can't blame them for taking the opportunity when it came along. The blame in this sorry mess lies squarely at the feet of Shitzu. The moment they play the first game outside of Coventry they are no longer CCFC and therefore not my club.

NTFC

The whole thing is very sad. We've gone from minding our own business and following a League 2 side through thick and mainly thin to being involved in your cr*p. The worst of it is that SISU will get what they want and have us at each other's throats. The only way forward is solidarity but you guys seem directionless in what to do and intent on coming to our town and causing issues.

I've tried to guide you in taking the fight to the Football League and maintaining a positive approach but you don't want to know.

I just hope that the reasonable Cov fans come up with an intelligent plan instead of a vindictive route but fear that you will use us as a scapegoat.

Last edited:

Skyblueweeman

The whole thing is very sad. We've gone from minding our own business and following a League 2 side through thick and mainly thin to being involved in your cr*p. The worst of it is that SISU will get what they want and have us at each other's throats. The only way forward is solidarity but you guys seem directionless in what to do and intent on coming to our town and causing issues.

I've tried to guide you in taking the fight to the Football League and maintaining a positive approach but you don't want to know.

I just hope that the reasonable Cov fans come up with an intelligent plan instead of a vindictive route but fear that you will use us as a scapegoat.

And the award for post of the day goes to......

CovFan

You'd rather your club went out of business than upset their fans? What a reasonable & thoroughly decent arse you are.

Wouldn't want my club involved, regardless of any monetary gain, if you can't see that then you are the arse.

Despite that I have no issue with the fans of NTFC.

quinn1971

Why would taking the fight to the football league
Work . They've been helping sisu all along.Their main aim is to make sure their fixtures go ahead . Appreciate your opinions but I think your wrong on this one.sisu have played a blinder.it was game over as soon as we went into admin.The only thing that could have stopped them was not agreeing a groundshare. Im sure walsall fans would have appreciated the extra money coming in but they knew it wasn't right.their manager was quite outspoken about it.looks like boothroyd didn't oppose the idea either no suprise there. No offence but protesting at the football league won't make the slightest difference, , they're not interested.

SkyblueBazza

Wouldn't want my club involved, regardless of any monetary gain, if you can't see that then you are the arse.

Despite that I have no issue with the fans of NTFC.

Which brings me back to point I was making. Your comments are suggesting that if the situation was reversed, you would happily not accept NTFCs money & therefore risk the very existence of your own club?
You must be more than happy with the bankers & their huge bonuses & the cut-backs & redundancies & 10% decrease in real terms that your income is worth as was widely reported about a month ago?

Tonylinc

What is your point mate. Nobody on this site has any grudge towards NT supporters. Your owners have seen a way of making extra revenue and have gone after it. No problem. Our problem is with our owners (whoever they are)

quinn1971

Can we blame them? A nice earner to help boost wages and profits :)

I wouldn't blame the fans but their chairman seems to want credit for saving us from being liquidated.all he's done is push us closer to it.If we had nowhere else to play then fair enough.if they'd have said no, with 3 weeks to go until the season starts we would have been back at the ricoh.wonder how much the football league helped in northampton agreeing to a groundshare.?

Delboycov

Got no beef with NTFC fans...not their decision. However when you get the odd few coming on here with smart arse comments telling us to get behind our 'team' and club and follow them to Northampton then that's a different matter all together. Walk in our shoes for a time before you lecture us....

CovFan

Which brings me back to point I was making. Your comments are suggesting that if the situation was reversed, you would happily not accept NTFCs money & therefore risk the very existence of your own club?
You must be more than happy with the bankers & their huge bonuses & the cut-backs & redundancies & 10% decrease in real terms that your income is worth as was widely reported about a month ago?

I'm going by their chairman saying that they don't need the money but are happy to help out Coventry for a fee anyway (due to the recent £12m they recieved from the local council to contribute towards funding the stadium expansion).

procdoc

I'm afraid you're wasting your time with some of the fans on here. There are some special morons who seem to revel in the fact that we are leaving the City of Coventry. It is unbelievable but some people deserve what they get

mattylad

In some ways it is inevitable that NTFC and CCFC fans will clash. Both sets of supporters will follow the path they believe correct for their club and the narrower minded will do so to an extreme.

duffer

In some ways it is inevitable that NTFC and CCFC fans will clash. Both sets of supporters will follow the path they believe correct for their club and the narrower minded will do so to an extreme.

That might be the case, but to my mind we've had a couple of NTFC fans here preaching solidarity and saying that they're right behind us.

However, their solidarity doesn't extend to them doing much of anything and they seem actively opposed to us actually protesting at our games. I find that odd, personally, and it doesn't sound much like 'solidarity' to me.

I think I'm entitled to challenge that, and I have done. I don't hold any animosity towards NTFC fans in general, fwiw, but there are at least a couple of them that I have doubts about.

Monners

I live 3 miles from Sixfields and know loads of Cobblers fans - I get the impression that NTFC is pretty much on the mark with the general view. It isn't their fans fault at all, as much as our plight isn't down to us. Also their Chairman doesn't appear to be universally popular wit the support over a number of issues.

SkyblueBazza

I'm going by their chairman saying that they don't need the money but are happy to help out Coventry for a fee anyway (due to the recent £12m they recieved from the local council to contribute towards funding the stadium expansion).

He also commented about cash-flow & who wouldn't accept an opportunity to ease cash flow for 3+ years? Cash-flow issues are the ruin of many people, let alone businesses.

SunZoomSpark

So you are saying that because there is financial gain for Northampton they are ok to ignore the morals? Isn't that very SISU?

Skyblueweeman

However, their solidarity doesn't extend to them doing much of anything and they seem actively opposed to us actually protesting at our games. I find that odd, personally, and it doesn't sound much like 'solidarity' to me.

Why should they? Let's say it was a different situation. Let's say it was Walsall in our position and they had to play at the Ricoh for 3 years. Their fans wanted to protest outside The Ricoh (our home...in this instance anyway). You might agree with their issues but not want to protest....what's wrong with that? And would you want other peoples fans protesting outside your stadium? Each to their own I guess...

It's our mess, not theirs. Their fans didn't choose to be in this scenario and shouldn't be expected to get involved in things like protests at their own stadium.

My own view though, if yours differs, fair enough. I think such a view of NTFC fans though reflects poorly on us lot.

WM

lordsummerisle

I'm saying that if it was the other way round, we'd do exactly the same....

Exactly, the King signing one great example.

People who refused to go whilst he was here(such as Ann Lucas) roundly criticised by the majority for her moral stance.

Seem to remember that the "there are no morals in football","somebody else will take him if we don't" and "as long as he scores us goals" lines regularly bandied around.

chiefdave

I've got no problem with NTFC fans who don't want to get involved and just want to watch their team but if you look at their local paper and forum there are plenty of their fans saying it's doesn't matter about CCFC so long as they make money out of it. That doesn't sit well with me.

NorthernWisdom

I've got no problem with NTFC fans who don't want to get involved and just want to watch their team but if you look at their local paper and forum there are plenty of their fans saying it's doesn't matter about CCFC so long as they make money out of it. That doesn't sit well with me.

The problem is as soon as you judge other fans, you have to look at yourself too.

And our massive following to MK last season shows a certain number of our fans don't care about what happens to other clubs.

So why expect a moral compass stronger than our own?

dadgad

The problem mate is that Cov fans won't do anything to change the situation. They know what they like but are buggered if they'll do anything to get it.
And any talk of unity is almost a pipe dream as,
even now,there are those who blame the Council, ACL, anybody but Shitsu.....
The winding down of the club has been obvious for several years now. Recent developments have been on the cards for well over a year...liquidation won't be far off and yet there are a few who still entertain the possibility that a hedge fund are going to build the club's new home.

I admire your reasoning and would support any initiative to take this disastrous situation to London and the FL.

duffer

Why should they? Let's say it was a different situation. Let's say it was Walsall in our position and they had to play at the Ricoh for 3 years. Their fans wanted to protest outside The Ricoh (our home...in this instance anyway). You might agree with their issues but not want to protest....what's wrong with that? And would you want other peoples fans protesting outside your stadium? Each to their own I guess...

It's our mess, not theirs. Their fans didn't choose to be in this scenario and shouldn't be expected to get involved in things like protests at their own stadium.

My own view though, if yours differs, fair enough. I think such a view of NTFC fans though reflects poorly on us lot.

WM

It's a fair question, but in that situation I hope I'd either say I'm right behind your right to protest, and support them in that right, or just keep quiet. I wouldn't go on their message boards and say "I'm right with you but wouldn't it be better to protest somewhere else".

They're not obliged to support is in our protests, no, but they can't blame us for protesting at their ground given the enormous damage their club's actions are doing to us. If they're truly behind us why would that bother them?

letsallsingtogether

Too True we are protesting against SISU and unfortunately they are going to be based in Northampton on a match day not at the Ricoh not in the City Centre local radio will be there to broadcast the games and I'm sure most of the media will be there on the first match just to see the outcome.

I for one will be there not a violent person but will not allow anyone to push me about the more there the better can't arrest us all for staging a protest it is our Right we are not in Tianiman square are we?
It's a fair question, but in that situation I hope I'd either say I'm right behind your right to protest, and support them in that right, or just keep quiet. I wouldn't go on their message boards and say "I'm right with you but wouldn't it be better to protest somewhere else".

They're not obliged to support is in our protests, no, but they can't blame us for protesting at their ground given the enormous damage their club's actions are doing to us. If they're truly behind us why would that bother them?

georgehudson

imho the spineless, gutless, pathetic outfit in this are the FA,
imho all vitriol should be in their direction,
imho the politicians who have tabled a motion to parliament should be asked as to why their actions are NOW

Users who are viewing this thread