Why this Club will die under the SISU plan. (1 Viewer)

italiahorse

Some people think we can just go to Walsall for 3 years and come back into a nice new stadium and carry on.

Based on facts available this is not possible.

Football League Fair Play rules (Link Below) gives a clue to what will happen.
You only need read the last section.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/FLExplainedDetail/0,,10794~2748246,00.html

If they are lucky enough to get 3000 to attend, then the proportion of income that could be used for players salaries will be 65% of this figure. Failure to comply introduces sanctions in the form of transfer embargos. This in effect will drastically reduce the quality of players we can use below any other team in this league and most of League 2.

I can't see a way out of this unless the Football League come to some compromise.
We need to constructively via the Sky Blue Trust or individually if you have the knowhow stop any compromise on this before it happens. In addition air your views what ever way you can to SISU so they know that you will not be going outside Coventry in the vain hope that they come to their senses and at least play their games at the Ricoh whilst they get the new stadium out there system.

The next few weeks will be crucial.

Last edited:

psgm1

Banned
PRECISELY which is why fans fighting for this not to happen should condemn these actions in public, not just sit on the fence! You yourself has attacked me on several occassions demanding the trust do something other than sit on the fence. Will you finally admit I have been right all along? Then everyone can move on - if the trust starts fighting for the club fine, if not leave them forever in the dustbin of history and missed opportunities and as fans unite and take affirmative action against sisu?

Sisu have stopped listening (if indeed they ever did listen). SO talking to them is a futile gesture. Now if ever there was is a time for action. Sitting on the fence talking to sisu - how many times do you have to be ignored before you realise they will not listen to reason?

The trust clearly has lost its way refusing to stand up for the club, merely attacking the administrator as if he is the spokesperson for sisu. Worse attacking the landlords who have done nothing wrong!

When the trust starts fighting for the club rather than itself maybe it can be a force for good, but right now it seems far too concerned with silencing justified criticsim then doing what it claims it started up to do!

Why don't they just condemn any move away from coventry? Why are they so reluctant? Surely they have a mandate from their fans? WHY the silence ?

SkyBlueHomer

I think the key to all this is the FFP regulations.

We have been told that SISU are willing to cover costs during the move/groundshare & stadium build.
They cannot worm there way around the FFP regulations though unless they argee special dispensations with the league during the groundshare, that I cannot see though.

Let assume the gates are an average of 3000, we could be coming back to Coventry as a Conference club or worse. I think we'll struggle to get 2000 most of the time and averages will only be bumped up by larger followings ie - Wolves

Noggin

yes our revenues will probably be about 3 million less if this goes ahead, we will get relegated for sure, perhaps not in year 1 but in year 2 or 3 it will take a miracle.

They will lose about a mill and a half from ticket sales for league games, have no big crowd cup games and poor squad likely means less cup prize money and less final placing prize money, small crowd means less merchandising sales and a much smaller amount of money from a shirt sponsor, little if any corporate spending, no advertising board sales, much less advertising money from programmes and less programmes sold. No car park money.

All instead of taking the 400k rent deal, madness.

italiahorse

I'm with you Psgm1 on trying to sort it out, but the Trust has really only just started a few weeks ago.
I guess the guys that started it are still running it and there views will greatly influence the way it is run initially.
I don't know but I assume these guys are just normal fans like us that are not used to fighting complicated battles against big corporations.
In the long term the members will decide who runs it by voting.

Keep the trust credible by supporting them, constructively influencing them, and more experienced people will come along.

simple_simon

PRECISELY which is why fans fighting for this not to happen should condemn these actions in public, not just sit on the fence! You yourself has attacked me on several occassions demanding the trust do something other than sit on the fence. Will you finally admit I have been right all along? Then everyone can move on - if the trust starts fighting for the club fine, if not leave them forever in the dustbin of history and missed opportunities and as fans unite and take affirmative action against sisu?

Sisu have stopped listening (if indeed they ever did listen). SO talking to them is a futile gesture. Now if ever there was is a time for action. Sitting on the fence talking to sisu - how many times do you have to be ignored before you realise they will not listen to reason?

The trust clearly has lost its way refusing to stand up for the club, merely attacking the administrator as if he is the spokesperson for sisu. Worse attacking the landlords who have done nothing wrong!

When the trust starts fighting for the club rather than itself maybe it can be a force for good, but right now it seems far too concerned with silencing justified criticsim then doing what it claims it started up to do!

Why don't they just condemn any move away from coventry? Why are they so reluctant? Surely they have a mandate from their fans? WHY the silence ?

Everyone attacks you on here because your a Twat!

Senior Vick from Alicante

What is your fixation with the trust all about, no one will take you seriously when every time you come on the forum you use your musings to slag off the trust. PSGM1 either tell us why you are so fixated with them, is it because you were not voted on to their board or if its because you have a genuine distrust of their leadership?. If not shut the fuck up about the Trust and come up with some viable alternative plan of direct action that you continually spout on about.:facepalm:

psgm1

Banned
My problem with the trust is they supposedly have a privileged position. They CLAIm they want the club to survive, yet the ONE time the club is put in serious and dangerous state they do NOTHING! Yet when they are asked a simple question what do you get? Yes the trust condemns such a move? absolutely not!

I have stated from the outset they should condemn the action and actively oppose such a move - yet they are silent why? Because they are cowards that's why! They spout off one voice, yet by doing nothing they are violating their OWN cause when they said they would fight to save the club!

All they want to seem to do is sit at the same table as sisu. That is hardly the bid ideals they claimed to have when they began!

SO instead of spouting YOUR bullshit, perhaps YOU should do something yourself other than relying on people who clearly have no intention of doing anything!

You honestly think I wanted to be on the board? were there any members who tried getting on their board other than the instigators? What I do have is an absolute distrust of the leadership, based on their actions (refusing to condemn) and their inactions (refusing to do anything proactive at all to save the club). How is asking the administrator helping? Surely if the club is in administration they seem quite happy to burn bridges that side of things!

SImply being quiet and not daring to criticise sisu in public is hardly viable is it? It seems you are so obsessed with defending the trust you are blinding yourself to their blatant lack of a plan. Just staying quiet is NOT a plan!

Eventually everyone will see the trust for what it is a pointless talking shop. If you haven't sussed what I am suggesting them or indeed every fan to do then quite frankly you are being obtuse. How more explicit can I be? What would it take for the trust to climb out of its stupour and do something?

The pathetic aimless and rabid defence of the trust shows more about the insidious nature of the trust more than anything I could say! You would have thought the trust would be far too concerned with saving the club than attacking an individual. Clearly their priorities are self preservation rather than preservation of the club!

And if their reason for existence is for its own sake then sorry the trust deserves to go the way of the dinosaur, and eventually the membership WILL cotton on that the money it gives to the trust is wasted money, and it WILL stop, and will become the skidmark of history that it is clearly destined to become.

The trust has done NOTHING to deserve such support, and eventually people WILL realise the truth! That by refusing to condemn a move away from coventry they are betraying the club and the trust leadership are happy to see the club move away just as long as they can email sisu directly.

PROVE ME WRONG AND CONDEMN THE MOVE OR ADMIT YOU ARE IN LEAGUE WITH SISU

Senior Vick from Alicante

My problem with the trust is they supposedly have a privileged position. They CLAIm they want the club to survive, yet the ONE time the club is put in serious and dangerous state they do NOTHING! Yet when they are asked a simple question what do you get? Yes the trust condemns such a move? absolutely not!

I have stated from the outset they should condemn the action and actively oppose such a move - yet they are silent why? Because they are cowards that's why! They spout off one voice, yet by doing nothing they are violating their OWN cause when they said they would fight to save the club!

All they want to seem to do is sit at the same table as sisu. That is hardly the bid ideals they claimed to have when they began!

SO instead of spouting YOUR bullshit, perhaps YOU should do something yourself other than relying on people who clearly have no intention of doing anything!

You honestly think I wanted to be on the board? were there any members who tried getting on their board other than the instigators? What I do have is an absolute distrust of the leadership, based on their actions (refusing to condemn) and their inactions (refusing to do anything proactive at all to save the club). How is asking the administrator helping? Surely if the club is in administration they seem quite happy to burn bridges that side of things!

SImply being quiet and not daring to criticise sisu in public is hardly viable is it? It seems you are so obsessed with defending the trust you are blinding yourself to their blatant lack of a plan. Just staying quiet is NOT a plan!

Eventually everyone will see the trust for what it is a pointless talking shop. If you haven't sussed what I am suggesting them or indeed every fan to do then quite frankly you are being obtuse. How more explicit can I be? What would it take for the trust to climb out of its stupour and do something?

The pathetic aimless and rabid defence of the trust shows more about the insidious nature of the trust more than anything I could say! You would have thought the trust would be far too concerned with saving the club than attacking an individual. Clearly their priorities are self preservation rather than preservation of the club!

And if their reason for existence is for its own sake then sorry the trust deserves to go the way of the dinosaur, and eventually the membership WILL cotton on that the money it gives to the trust is wasted money, and it WILL stop, and will become the skidmark of history that it is clearly destined to become.

The trust has done NOTHING to deserve such support, and eventually people WILL realise the truth! That by refusing to condemn a move away from coventry they are betraying the club and the trust leadership are happy to see the club move away just as long as they can email sisu directly.

PROVE ME WRONG AND CONDEMN THE MOVE OR ADMIT YOU ARE IN LEAGUE WITH SISU

If you think this then why are you not doing something about it? If you were on the inside then you could actively challenge the way that the trust works rather than stand at the side blowing your top and getting ridiculed by the forum members. Is the TRUST not a vehicle so that fans can have a meaningful voice with whom ever owns the club? Why should they come out and slag any party off when the administrator is the club at the moment? SISU through their spoutings from Fisher are not the club at the moment so why do we need to entertin the musings of an idiot. I am a member of the trust but have never attended a meeting, the reason that I joined is that I believe their may be a time when we need one voice to reform our club as i would not attend any games out side the City and can see a time when we might have to reform and start again.

Users who are viewing this thread