why we are so dissatisfied with SISU and could we expect any better off new owners? (1 Viewer)

grego_gee

I realize that I am swimming against the tide on here much of the time.
Although most posters take it as a given that SISU are the pits I do not see it as that obvious.
In fact suppose Leon Clark had not been injured at the back end of the season, we could very well have made the playoffs at least.
How can that be so bad? And surely people would not have been dissatisfied then?
Indulge me for a little while to investigate with you why we are so dissatisfied with SISU and could we expect any better off new owners.

On a previous thread I invited people to say why they were so dissatisfied with SISU.
I was then challenged to give examples where SISU has been acting in the best interests of CCFC...
Here are the comments all brought together, I will try and categorize them into 5 areas in the next post
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think you can call it the best squad in L1 when we are top
by the same measure we had the best squad in the championship
We're meant to be grateful that they've funded us moderately well in the third division?
How about the fact we shouldn't even be here in the third division?
The SISU legacy is one of unfailing demise into embarrassment.
Lowest league position in three generations,
annual transfer embargo,
accounts incessantly late,
a debt free claim that appears a sham,
dwindling gates,
no long term plan.
Now administration
You mean refusing to pay any rent at all (including an amount deemed fair)
which may have staved off any threat of administration and the resultant points deduction?
You mean reneging on a seemingly very fair deal which would've avoided this whole sorry mess so the only discussions we'd be having were about the team and formation for tomorrow?
Are you saying that loading £60M debt on CCFC Ltd is in the clubs intrests.
Are you saying selling promising academy players before they even play a full season for the club is in the clubs intrests.
Are you saying entering transfer embargos on a regular basis is in the clubs intrests.
Are you saying the fiasco of the Chief Executive sitting on the bench is in the clubs intrests.
Are you saying demotion to Division 3 for the first time in 49 years is in the clubs intrests.
Are you saying losing the first successful manager City has had in many years to a rival club before he completed a full season is in the clubs intrests.
are you serious? If you are then you really are clueless
I also don't think one can understate the negative influence on our reputation in footballing circles. Jimmy Hill made us a proud club. We had one day of true glory, and competed - albeit only just - for over thirty years. We were, to the biggest, small fry: but respected small fry.
The slide started well before SISU, let's be clear, but as Manchester City and Southampton have done, we should have been steered back to a reasonable level. There was the promise of a debt free blank canvas to work from.
How do we have so much debt so soon? How can we not even know what our owner looks like?
How does it take a forensic accountant to understand who owns what or whom?
Why should we be viewed as shameful cheats by those with their house in order?
1. stripped our squad that lead us to relegation
2. constantly said we were debt free only to reveal we are £60 million in debt
3. allowed Ken Delieu to sit in the dug out
4. appointed Leonard Brody
5. Appointed Onye Igwe
6. Sold players well below their potential market value
7. Never took the opportunity to buy 50% stake in ACL, said they were going to
8. Constant lack of communication with the fans
9. Failure to file accounts on time
10. Transfer embargo's placed on us
11. Average attendance dropped to about 9k since they took over
12. Gave ludicrous contracts to the likes of David Bell
Our league position speaks for itself
The quality of our squad speaks for itself
Our dwindling crowds speak volumes
Our company structure is so complex as to be bewildering
We've been led to a position in which our ownership (or part ownership) of the Ricoh - critical to our success - under current management is further distant than ever
We have a winding up order, third party debt order and transfer embargo in place: now capped off by administration
Even our academy isn't currently able to conduct it's business at it's normal venue
And least of all, our financial situation seems incredible. How can we have debts of eight times annual turnover? Just think that ratio through a few times. It's startling
...perhaps you would like to give us half a dozen examples of where SISU has been acting in the best interests of CCFC...
Funding the second highest valued squad in the division
Continuing to Fund the Acadamy and planning its development to level 2
Funding the signing of McGoldrick
Funding the signing of Leon Clark

:pimp:

grego_gee

This is the list grouping the items together under headings and taking out duplicates. I think some of the areas are more the owner’s responsibility than others e.g. you can’t expect owners to score more goals! This isn’t complete and there may be omissions, that’s why I hadn’t posted it before. I offer it now for others to focus their thought and develop more if wanted – obviously that won’t interest the “out-louts” who I already know just think SISU are rubbish full stop and would prefer no owner at all!
Funding
(I think this is the prime responsibility of any owner)
SISU have funded us moderately well in the third division?
selling promising academy players before they even play a full season for the club
stripped our squad leaving us with a poor quality squad
Sold players well below their potential market value
Been responsible for losing the first successful manager City has had in many years to a rival club before he completed a full season
Given ludicrous contracts to the likes of David Bell, Malaga
And least of all, our financial situation seems incredible. How can we have debts of eight times our annual turnover? Just think that ratio through a few times. It's startling

Embarrassment
(I don’t consider embarrassment to be very relevant, if they were embarrassing and successful would anyone worry?)
The SISU legacy is one of embarrassment.
Let us be viewed as shameful cheats by those with their own house in order?
been a negative influence on our reputation in footballing circles.
Made a debt free claim that appears a sham now loading £60M debt on CCFC Ltd
look at the fiasco of the Chief Executive sitting on the bench
the appointment of American Twitter merchant Leonard Brody
it takes a forensic accountant to understand who owns what or whom?
Constant lack of communication with the fans
we don’t even know what our owner looks like?

Team Performance
(they may take some blame for this area but is not that something that they delegate to their chosen manager?)
Led us to relegation to Division 3
the Lowest league position in three generations,
with dwindling gates,
and no long term plan.

Company performance
(certainly an area which they are responsible and can be criticised)
Company accounts incessantly late, leading to annual transfer embargos,
driven us into a third party debt order,
Now administration

Relationship/dealing with Council Landlord
(an area where they have responsibility but clouded by those on the other side of the fence)
refusing to pay any rent at all (including an amount deemed fair)
reneging on a seemingly very fair deal?
Failed to buy 50% stake in ACL (when they said they were going to)
our ownership (or part ownership) of the Ricoh is more distant than ever
Even our academy is homeless

...perhaps you would like to give us half a dozen examples of where SISU has been acting in the best interests of CCFC...
Funding
Continued to fund the club through thick and thin,
they are still with us despite problems and criticism
taken over all our debt leaving the club debt free (other than to them)
Funded the second highest valued squad in the division
Continued to Fund the Academy
planned the development of the academy to level 2
Funded the signing of King
Funded the signing of McGoldrick
Funded the signing of Leon Clark

Battled to free us from an onerous rent deal with the ACL/Council establishment,
even been prepared to consider building a new ground that we can own.
paid full rent of over £1M for five? years
Despite contrary views paid at least £800k last year in rent.

Company performance
Sacked Brody and Delieu
appointed Tim Fisher and Steve Waggott
Recruited and appointed Mark Robbins
Recruited and appointed Steven Pressley

skybluepm2

Nick, ban this crazed loon indefinitely!! Is it Tim, Pressley, Linnell or that really really positive weirdo from the Telegraph website??

Sky Blue Dal

:)
This is the list grouping the items together under headings and taking out duplicates. I think some of the areas are more the owner’s responsibility than others e.g. you can’t expect owners to score more goals! This isn’t complete and there may be omissions, that’s why I hadn’t posted it before. I offer it now for others to focus their thought and develop more if wanted – obviously that won’t interest the “out-louts” who I already know just think SISU are rubbish full stop and would prefer no owner at all!
Funding
(I think this is the prime responsibility of any owner)
SISU have funded us moderately well in the third division?
selling promising academy players before they even play a full season for the club
stripped our squad leaving us with a poor quality squad
Sold players well below their potential market value
Been responsible for losing the first successful manager City has had in many years to a rival club before he completed a full season
Given ludicrous contracts to the likes of David Bell, Malaga
And least of all, our financial situation seems incredible. How can we have debts of eight times our annual turnover? Just think that ratio through a few times. It's startling

Embarrassment
(I don’t consider embarrassment to be very relevant, if they were embarrassing and successful would anyone worry?)
The SISU legacy is one of embarrassment.
Let us be viewed as shameful cheats by those with their own house in order?
been a negative influence on our reputation in footballing circles.
Made a debt free claim that appears a sham now loading £60M debt on CCFC Ltd
look at the fiasco of the Chief Executive sitting on the bench
the appointment of American Twitter merchant Leonard Brody
it takes a forensic accountant to understand who owns what or whom?
Constant lack of communication with the fans
we don’t even know what our owner looks like?

Team Performance
(they may take some blame for this area but is not that something that they delegate to their chosen manager?)
Led us to relegation to Division 3
the Lowest league position in three generations,
with dwindling gates,
and no long term plan.

Company performance
(certainly an area which they are responsible and can be criticised)
Company accounts incessantly late, leading to annual transfer embargos,
driven us into a third party debt order,
Now administration

(an area where they have responsibility but clouded by those on the other side of the fence)
refusing to pay any rent at all (including an amount deemed fair)
reneging on a seemingly very fair deal?
Failed to buy 50% stake in ACL (when they said they were going to)
our ownership (or part ownership) of the Ricoh is more distant than ever
Even our academy is homeless

Funding
Continued to fund the club through thick and thin,
they are still with us despite problems and criticism
taken over all our debt leaving the club debt free (other than to them)
Funded the second highest valued squad in the division
Funded the signing of King
Funded the signing of McGoldrick
Funded the signing of Leon Clark

Battled to free us from an onerous rent deal with the ACL/Council establishment,
even been prepared to consider building a new ground that we can own.
paid full rent of over £1M for five? years
Despite contrary views paid at least £800k last year in rent.

Company performance
Sacked Brody and Delieu
appointed Tim Fisher and Steve Waggott
Recruited and appointed Mark Robbins
Recruited and appointed Steven Pressley

Oh my Eyes!!!

bigfatronssba

Grego, can you name just one area where the club has improved since Sisu took over?

I expect any new owner to at least improve the club in some way.

They have done nothing.

Sick Boy

Football fans expect owners to pump in loads of their own money into clubs as a gift, and when this money is gone, they should leave quietly for someone else to do the same.

bigfatronssba

Football fans expect owners to pump in loads of their own money into clubs as a gift, and when this money is gone, they should leave quietly for someone else to do the same.

Are you happy with how the club has been run the past 5 years?

Sick Boy

Are you happy with how the club has been run the past 5 years?

No of course not, the continued employment of Thorn sums them up. Funny that he was lauded on here though by many, so surely these people must feel sisu did something right in their time here?

It was hardly going well before sisu came in though, was it? They simply delayed what was going to be inevitable.

Samo

I realize that I am swimming against the tide on here much of the time.
Although most posters take it as a given that SISU are the pits I do not see it as that obvious.
In fact suppose Leon Clark had not been injured at the back end of the season, we could very well have made the playoffs at least.
How can that be so bad? And surely people would not have been dissatisfied then?
Indulge me for a little while to investigate with you why we are so dissatisfied with SISU and could we expect any better off new owners.

On a previous thread I invited people to say why they were so dissatisfied with SISU.
I was then challenged to give examples where SISU has been acting in the best interests of CCFC...
Here are the comments all brought together, I will try and categorize them into 5 areas in the next post
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think you can call it the best squad in L1 when we are top
by the same measure we had the best squad in the championship
We're meant to be grateful that they've funded us moderately well in the third division?
How about the fact we shouldn't even be here in the third division?
The SISU legacy is one of unfailing demise into embarrassment.
Lowest league position in three generations,
annual transfer embargo,
accounts incessantly late,
a debt free claim that appears a sham,
dwindling gates,
no long term plan.
Now administration
You mean refusing to pay any rent at all (including an amount deemed fair)
which may have staved off any threat of administration and the resultant points deduction?
You mean reneging on a seemingly very fair deal which would've avoided this whole sorry mess so the only discussions we'd be having were about the team and formation for tomorrow?
Are you saying that loading £60M debt on CCFC Ltd is in the clubs intrests.
Are you saying selling promising academy players before they even play a full season for the club is in the clubs intrests.
Are you saying entering transfer embargos on a regular basis is in the clubs intrests.
Are you saying the fiasco of the Chief Executive sitting on the bench is in the clubs intrests.
Are you saying demotion to Division 3 for the first time in 49 years is in the clubs intrests.
Are you saying losing the first successful manager City has had in many years to a rival club before he completed a full season is in the clubs intrests.
are you serious? If you are then you really are clueless
I also don't think one can understate the negative influence on our reputation in footballing circles. Jimmy Hill made us a proud club. We had one day of true glory, and competed - albeit only just - for over thirty years. We were, to the biggest, small fry: but respected small fry.
The slide started well before SISU, let's be clear, but as Manchester City and Southampton have done, we should have been steered back to a reasonable level. There was the promise of a debt free blank canvas to work from.
How do we have so much debt so soon? How can we not even know what our owner looks like?
How does it take a forensic accountant to understand who owns what or whom?
Why should we be viewed as shameful cheats by those with their house in order?
1. stripped our squad that lead us to relegation
2. constantly said we were debt free only to reveal we are £60 million in debt
3. allowed Ken Delieu to sit in the dug out
4. appointed Leonard Brody
5. Appointed Onye Igwe
6. Sold players well below their potential market value
7. Never took the opportunity to buy 50% stake in ACL, said they were going to
8. Constant lack of communication with the fans
9. Failure to file accounts on time
10. Transfer embargo's placed on us
11. Average attendance dropped to about 9k since they took over
12. Gave ludicrous contracts to the likes of David Bell
Our league position speaks for itself
The quality of our squad speaks for itself
Our dwindling crowds speak volumes
We've been led to a position in which our ownership (or part ownership) of the Ricoh - critical to our success - under current management is further distant than ever
We have a winding up order, third party debt order and transfer embargo in place: now capped off by administration
Even our academy isn't currently able to conduct it's business at it's normal venue
And least of all, our financial situation seems incredible. How can we have debts of eight times annual turnover? Just think that ratio through a few times. It's startling
Funding the second highest valued squad in the division
Continuing to Fund the Acadamy and planning its development to level 2
Funding the signing of McGoldrick
Funding the signing of Leon Clark

Because they are a bunch of jokers who know diddly squat about running a football club.... and yes, we can!

bigfatronssba

No of course not, the continued employment of Thorn sums them up. Funny that he was lauded on here though by many, so surely these people must feel sisu did something right in their time here?

It was hardly going well before sisu came in though, was it? They simply delayed what was going to be inevitable.

It was the previous owners that started this whole mess off, but that doesn't mean Sisu are any better. They could have prevented the 'inevitable' as you call it, every major decision they have got wrong, and its not all to do with money.

grego_gee

Grego, can you name just one area where the club has improved since Sisu took over?

I expect any new owner to at least improve the club in some way.

They have done nothing.

Thanks for a reasonable response Ron, but I'm not trying to impose my views on everybody. I want people to examine their own views of SISU as an owner and what more we could expect? but...(quoting from the above)
Suppose Leon Clark had not been injured at the back end of the season, we could very well have made the playoffs at least.

bigfatronssba

Thanks for a reasonable response Ron, but I'm not trying to impose my views on everybody. I want people to examine their own views of SISU as an owner and what more we could expect? but...(quoting from the above)
Suppose Leon Clark had not been injured at the back end of the season, we could very well have made the playoffs at least.

If we were talking about the Championship play offs then we might be able to consider it progress.

Simple fact is we could have won the league this season and it still would have been our lowest position for nearly 50 years.

The fact that Coventry City fans could even consider league 1 play offs as good shows the state we're in.

Making the play offs in this league is a bit like the JPT. Enjoyable, but we shouldn't be there.

bigfatronssba

The academy? When did Rioch come? I honestly can't remember.

I can't remember either, but I would argue the academy is the only bit of the club that hasn't declined. I doubt you could say its improved, as we produced some decent players out of it pre-sisu.

According to OSB we will struggle to keep academy status next year anyway.

BrisbaneBronco

The appointment of Robins and replacing MCG with the next best thing, but I give SW the credit for that.
The biggest mistake was their decision to make it impossible to avoid relegation from the Championship by off loading every decent player and trying to wing it with kids. The lost revenue far outweighs the cost of keeping us up. Total Muppets IMO(Waggot excluded):facepalm:

skybluepm2

Irrespective of whether it not Clarke was injured we would still have incurred the 10 point penalty as a result of going into administration. Pretty false argument really. Clarke's injury also coincided with MR going to Huddersfield and SP coming in. I think the less said about his reign so far the better! Maybe, just maybe if Clarke and Wood had remained fit, we hadnt gone into Administration and MR had stayed we might have sneaked 6th place. 99% of fans will not be happy until we wake up from this seemingly never-ending nightmare that is SISU

grego_gee

Irrespective of whether it not Clarke was injured we would still have incurred the 10 point penalty as a result of going into administration. Pretty false argument really. Clarke's injury also coincided with MR going to Huddersfield and SP coming in. I think the less said about his reign so far the better! Maybe, just maybe if Clarke and Wood had remained fit, we hadnt gone into Administration and MR had stayed we might have sneaked 6th place. 99% of fans will not be happy until we wake up from this seemingly never-ending nightmare that is SISU

I think SISU regarded it as an either/or,
either we gained promotion or they took ACL to task over the rent.
They did lodge an appeal against the 10 pts but released it when they saw that the reality was the points had gone without Clark. The rent dispute would perhaps not have got to where it has if promotion had been within our grasp.

dongonzalos

I think he asked for one area they have improved since they have came in.

If we made the play offs we may or may not have got back to the division we were in when they took over.

So not an improvement.

Noggin

...perhaps you would like to give us half a dozen examples of where SISU has been acting in the best interests of CCFC... - Well This will be fun
Funding
Continued to fund the club through thick and thin, Run up massive debts, loaning the club money at massivly inflated interest rates while saddling the club with massive management fees that they do not deserve.
they are still with us despite problems and criticism - This is a bad thing, they have done untold damage to the club and still won't go, determind to take us down further.
taken over all our debt leaving the club debt free (other than to them) - we are not debt free other than to them, and to them we owe a massive 70 million with the interest running up fast.
Funded the second highest valued squad in the division - Our squad is not the second highest valued, it might have the second highest wages, but that just shows inefficiency, if every player in every club went up for sale, the amount we would get would no where near put us second, this is their value.
Funded the signing of King - Failed to keep King, getting us relegated.
Funded the signing of McGoldrick - Did not sign McGoldrick, got him on loan for half a season, he was our most important player, failed to keep him and our season went down hill from there.
Funded the signing of Leon Clark - Yep, gotta get one eventually.

Battled to free us from an onerous rent deal with the ACL/Council establishment, - Failed to agree a deal that was 3 times better than the old one, alienated the fans, broken trust so no one will deal with them again, took us into administration, got us deducted at least 10 points and you consider this a good thing?
even been prepared to consider building a new ground that we can own. - and we don't know what size it will be, when it will be ready, where it will be located, we do know they want to move us to walsal for 3-5 years, causing untold damage and almost certainly relegated us.
paid full rent of over £1M for five? years - Met contractual obligations, wow, didn't last though.
Despite contrary views paid at least £800k last year in rent. - No They didn't, I'd argue the point but why bother you've heard the reasons 100 times and still believe fallacies. You are beyond help.

Company performance
Sacked Brody and Delieu - Hired Brody and Delieu and plenty of other failures too.
appointed Tim Fisher and Steve Waggott - Steve Waggott seems good, but suggesting one good thing SISU did for us is hiring Tim Fisher is your most hilarious point yet.
Recruited and appointed Mark Robbins - For half a season, failed to keep him because they wouldn't pay rent, ruining our season and the very real chance of getting back to the championship. Costing us many millions a year.
Recruited and appointed Steven Pressley - Who might be good, who might not be good, doesn't seem to be watching the same game as anyone else but hasn't had a chance to prove himself, record so far is terrible though but with good reason.

:pimp: - Yep you are sure smoking something.

Answers in bold.

dadgad

Sorry Grego,
Compare attendances six years ago with this years'.
That's the bottom line as far as club management goes.
So, Sisu - as a chocolate teapot is to tea making - fucking useless.

Grendel

Sorry Grego,
Compare attendances six years ago with this years'.
That's the bottom line as far as club management goes.
So, Sisu - as a chocolate teapot is to tea making - fecking useless.

So pure attendances is the barometer of successful ownership would you say?

Noggin

So pure attendances is the barometer of successful ownership would you say?

It's indicative for sure, but of course does not tell the entire story, but if this goes ahead and we got 17.3k in 2010 and 3.4k in 2014 then sure from that alone you could judge if the ownership had been successful or not, (hint for you, not so much)

dongonzalos

It's indicative for sure, but of course does not tell the entire story, but if this goes ahead and we got 17.3k in 2010 and 3.4k in 2014 then sure from that alone you could judge if the ownership had been successful or not, (hint for you, not so much)

Can't argue with that

skybluegod

I think SISU regarded it as an either/or,
either we gained promotion or they took ACL to task over the rent.
They did lodge an appeal against the 10 pts but released it when they saw that the reality was the points had gone without Clark. The rent dispute would perhaps not have got to where it has if promotion had been within our grasp.

Hi tim will you get the fuck off this forum.

Seriously though, if you hadn't noticed no points appeal for entering admin has been over thrown and the appeal would have been useless because the football league confirmed it was in the part if the company in admin. You are more deluded that fisher and ken out together how can you even consider putting good and sisu in the same sentence.

dongonzalos

dongonzalos 08:26 PM 3 Hours Ago
Originally Posted by grego_gee:

If we made the play offs we may or may not have got back to the division we were in when they took over.

So not an improvement.

Edit Reply

Grego which area of the football club have they improved

I am thinking
Same debt?
Lower division?
Less attendances?
Worse relationship with Council?
Worse relationship with ACL?
Possibly moving to Walsall?
Own a ground in 3 years after borrowing another 30 million 100 million in debt in 3 years.
2 managers a season average
Academy success the same
Communication with fans same

Where us any improvement?

grego_gee

dongonzalos 08:26 PM 3 Hours Ago
Originally Posted by grego_gee:

So not an improvement.

Edit Reply

Grego which area of the football club have they improved

I am thinking
Same debt?
Lower division?
Less attendances?
Worse relationship with Council?
Worse relationship with ACL?
Possibly moving to Walsall?
Own a ground in 3 years after borrowing another 30 million 100 million in debt in 3 years.
2 managers a season average
Academy success the same
Communication with fans same

Where us any improvement?

Sorry Dongo! I neglected this thread with other distractions.

My op was not suggesting they had managed any improvement!
so I never said it and am not defending it or them!

I am trying to get over my viewpoint that the owner of a club only has certain things within their power.
eg Joy Sepela can't score goals! (but there again nor can our strikers half the time!)
Nor can she stop McGoldrick or Robbins leaving when then are offered more money elsewhere!

Basically the owner is responsible for funding, (full stop!).
Ok they also have some control over the management structure and how the funding is spent, but in an ideal situation once they have chosen their management team they would then leave all other decisions to them.

On funding there is now a ceiling (FFP) and any new owner could not do more than fund us to the full extent of FFP - which SISU already do and have said they can (and will) continue to do.

On control over the management team - they stink!
but they are still in there batting and there are signs of improvement (? ok queue chorus from the out-louts.)

I'll put forward another premise...

One of the biggest areas that they can be justifiably critisised is being late with the accounts - resulting in transfer embargoes!
Has anyone wondered why they have been persistently late? is it two or three end of year account that have been late?

I suggest one possible reason.

They may have been flirting with the "rent" problem for some time!
It is always a tricky question and they may have been facing it about accounts time for several years - do we go into admin and take the 10pt hit or do we just carry on?

If that is the reason, maybe when we are free of the £1.2m millstone it won't happen again

So SISU in or SISU out, things might be better either way.

James Smith

On funding there is now a ceiling (FFP) and any new owner could not do more than fund us to the full extent of FFP - which SISU already do and have said they can (and will) continue to do.

However given how few people are likely to watch 'home' matches under SISU at A.N.Other ground our spend under FFP will be tiny. So any new owner who stays at the RICOH will possibly/probably have more to be able to spend under FFP.

Paxman II

can't argue too much with what grego is saying.

SISU have made lots of mistakes and any owner does all the time. They are not ideal owners however and that is the reason most want them gone, in hope that a new owner will improve things.
Any new owner will be hampered by the same restrictions that SISU have made a stand against unless there is a change from ACL and the council.

If you were attacked by someone wishing to take away your interest wouldn't you fight back with every avenue at your disposal?
First SISU tried to break the back of ACL but failed when our very thoughtful council reconstituted that companies loans for them at taxpayers expense. Then they in return tried to distress SISU in the courts and demand admin only being trumped by SISU's response of dumping the company into admin first. They fought back and we are where we are today because both sides are failing our club and community badly.

I just hope new investors and owners will insist of owning or part owning at the very least, the Ricoh arena (most likely a long term lease to the football club unless they have 100m plus in their back pockets) giving them actually income streams of the stadium without which the football club is unsustainable.

People really have to start understanding that core issue. The threat of a new stadium build is a very real possibility for that very reason.
So what are the council doing about solving the issue and getting the football club back round the table and agreeing a lease for 99 years?
It does not have to be an asset of SISU (or sub companies) it can be specific to the football club only and it's licence as such, stays with the football club and ONLY benefits the football club entirely and not sub companies of the football club owners or owners themselves.

Get shot of ACL is a start.

dongonzalos

It's strange though that 8 parties are aware of that and still seem to want to buy Coventry City

Maybe by agreeing a rent of 400k
Then buying half of ACL so your rent is actually 200k a year.
Maybe by investing in the site and the squad you can make money?

Users who are viewing this thread