Wigan Match (1 Viewer)

Robinshio

unless we rearrange any earlier we will have played 6 of our 1st 8 away from home, and most of the league will have played 11

we will need at least 11 points by then to get out of the bottom 3
so 10 points from

Hull/norwich/luton/Bham A (at least 6 needed)
preston/ WBA H (at least 4 needed)

we would then be in a good position with games in hand to look up, but any less and feel the confidence will drain from the team and the fans

Blind-Faith

This is what pisses me off , could of been on a lovely Tuesday night in august watching the football.

Now rearranged for what could potentially be a shitty cold windy night in November.

Legia Sky Blue

With us and Rotherham not having any players bound for the World Cup, it seems logical to re-arrange that for sometime in the week before the competition starts, maybe even Saturday, November 19th?

Lord_Nampil

With us and Rotherham not having any players bound for the World Cup, it seems logical to re-arrange that for sometime in the week before the competition starts, maybe even Saturday, November 19th?

Isn’t the world cup being treated as all the international breaks in one?? I know we have the September one but I’m sure that’s what they have done so don’t think we could do that! There are spaces for the game however in October, I’m guessing we will play at least one in that slot…

Last edited:

no_loyalty

Isn’t the world cup being treated as all the international breaks in one?? I know we have the September one but I’m sure that’s what they have done so don’t think we could do that! There are spaces for the game however in October, I’m guessing

Yes, two spare midweek slots available in October so I guess these will be allocated to the Rotherham and Huddersfield games?

Legia Sky Blue

Isn’t the world cup being treated as all the international breaks in one?? I know we have the September one but I’m sure that’s what they have done so don’t think we could do that! There are spaces for the game however in October, I’m guessing we will play at least one in that slot…

Yes, the point I was making was based on the World Cup not kicking off until November 20th. With us and Rotherham not having any participants playing in the tournament, and therefore away training with the squads involved, it is surely reasonable for us to play on Saturday 19th without it adversely affecting the international break or the World Cup itself.

While it is correct that there seem to be 2 other slots mid-week in October, I think the players wellbeing would not be best served by playing 9 matches in the month, particularly if there is a reasonable alternative to play one game a few weeks later. I guess however it would need Rotherham's agreement, which given they were required to play a load of games in a short spell by the EFL 2 seasons ago, might not be too willing to play ball.

Users who are viewing this thread