Will SISU gamble? (1 Viewer)

What will SISU do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

letsallsingtogether

Yeah, where do you get your facts from Stupot Linnell?

Hmm, thinking about it, you never see them both in the same room at the same time do you!!

Suspicious.

I'm not saying he's wrong because I genuinely don't know what players are earning.
Just keep getting all these figures thrown at us.

jackdg

just done some sums. Our attendances have been above the 11,000 to the tune of 23,500 in total. Even at less than a tenner a ticket (having deducted tax and additional costs) your looking at £200,000 of non forecasted income. That's without a (likely) maintainance of crowds above 11k.

Based on my maths The funds are available... Whether they will be reinvested or not is hard to say but £5k a week each on two players for the rest of the season would set us up nicely for the rest of the season

shmmeee

If Mowbray stays I'm happy. I think he's shown the budget is enough and I think the day it's not he'll be off. So I'm happy to use him as a barometer for now.

stupot07

Where do you get your facts from?

League one average:

http://soccerlens.com/finance-in-english-football-wage-disparities-between-the-divisions/92692/

In terms of young players, I've got a friend at the local PL academy who told me how much their brightest youngsters get paid. A lot of its because of the bosman and the new EPPP rules which caps how much compensation you can get.

An interesting article about a Chelsea youngster:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...00-week-never-played-team-wont-time-soon.html

A couple of years old but the Newcastle youngsters seem to be on a lot of money back then -

http://sportrichlist.com/football/newcastle-united-players-salaries/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

stupot07

just done some sums. Our attendances have been above the 11,000 to the tune of 23,500 in total. Even at less than a tenner a ticket (having deducted tax and additional costs) your looking at £200,000 of non forecasted income. That's without a (likely) maintainance of crowds above 11k.

Based on my maths The funds are available... Whether they will be reinvested or not is hard to say but £5k a week each on two players for the rest of the season would set us up nicely for the rest of the season

Yeah but you can only spend 60% of it through FFP, so £3k pw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Gazolba

I'd like to see us devote some resources toward unearthing and developing hidden talent in non-league. We could perhaps get some players who would be glad of the opportunity and not be motivated primarily by high wages.

Grendel

So you think Coventry are going to pay £5k pw wages for a youth loanee then?:facepalm:

We know when Newcastle loaned players to rangers last season those players had a portion of their salary paid by rangers - I doubt they have altered that policy now.

Sky Blue Kid

My point in all of this Armstrong saga is, he's on a minimum £5k. SISU have a speculated wage cap of £2k so Newcastle are paying the greater part of his wages, if not ALL of it.

Sky Blue Kid

They're probably paying around £2k pw. The average wage in league one is £1.4k pw. Most PL youngsters get on £10k+ pw when they sign in pro terms,

And thank you for backing up my post ;)

shmmeee

Yeah but you can only spend 60% of it through FFP, so £3k pw.

Well that assumes we're at the FFP limit anyway. AFAIK the 11k was a break even figure, not to do with the wage bill. In theory we could spend every penny if we've under budgeted or have other income.

Grendel

They will revert to type and steal any money available. Leopards don't change their spots.

They've never taken a penny out of the club so surely that would be changing their spots?

Grendel

Hobo

I voted do things on a shoestring...
To qualify this, they agreed a budget with Mowbray to work with at the start of the season and it will remain the same. Yes he can wheel,and deal with it and he may benefit from the gradual rise in attendances...but the budget essentially will remain the same.
This is the right way to run a club.
If you disagree with this I suggest you put your hand in your own pocket and increase Mowbrays budget yourself by a financial gift to the club.

chiefdave

Worth noting that it has been said Venus has not spent all the budget and has kept some back for January so even if he doesn't get any extra we should still see some activity.

Users who are viewing this thread