Will you go to Sixfields (1 Viewer)

Will you go to Sixfields

• Total voters

Spionkop

I've got to say this, I'm a pretty reasonable fair minded bloke mostly but anyone who lines Sisu's pockets by going to Northampton is a scab. I don't care, there is a much bigger picture going on here and anyone who ignores that deserves all they get.

Yorkshire SB

I'm not going home or away.
I can't get excited about the new stadium outside Coventry.
I'm with John Sillett. I would sooner remember what we had and leave it at that.

RIP CCFC

Stop fucking scaremongering, it's boring.

Whilst I'm extremely disappointed and frankly embarrassed to be sharing a ground with Northampton, I will probably go to a few games a season. Until there is evidence to prove otherwise I'm treating it as a temporary move. 'RIP CCFC' is bollocks, we can definitely move on from this!

Sky Blue Harry H

Right, so I'm the one that said yes. I'll see Cov wherever were playing, call me whatever you like but I travel down from Norfolk now to watch every home game so Northampton is actually 45 miles closer for me. Before people start with "its the principal of it" etc. I agree with all that but I will still certainly go to some games regardless of location.

It's not the prinipal of it, it's the principle - seriously though - not going to have a go at a fellow City fan for wanting to watch the team - as long as you hate SISU at the same time ;):blue:

DazzleTommyDazzle

Just so very frustrated and completely depressed with everything to do with Cov, can't ever see the old flame being re-ignited again

That is a real concern.

Even if we ignore reality and pretend that there's a snowball in hell's chance of Timmy's new stadium being built in 3 years - how many will have lost "the bug" forever by then?

FRY-CCFC

you are stupid :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

cov_george

It takes 1hr 10 mins for me to get from Reading to Coventry on 1 train , for games in Northampton it will take 3hrs & 3 trains + taxi to ground, so no I wont be travelling to Northampton for home games, may just go watch Reading play as they are just few mins away

CovisGod

It's not the prinipal of it, it's the principle - seriously though - not going to have a go at a fellow City fan for wanting to watch the team - as long as you hate SISU at the same time ;):blue:

Hate SISU as much as everyone on here buddy, for me the situation is different but I agree whole heartedly with the Cov fans and not wanting to line the pockets of SISU. Thing is I've been brought up with Cov and its all I've ever known, I'd still watch us if we were relocated to Norway, sorry of that makes me a "scab"

Sky Blue Harry H

I've got to say this, I'm a pretty reasonable fair minded bloke mostly but anyone who lines Sisu's pockets by going to Northampton is a scab. I don't care, there is a much bigger picture going on here and anyone who ignores that deserves all they get.

On your side, equally mad, but won't have a go at the few who love our club, just have a different viewpoint (even if I disagree). I think the large majority of us want to fight back, but are not yet sure exactly how to vent our spleen. Most satisfying for me is either pack out away games and naff all at Northampton, or CCFC2, where 90%+ City fans relocate the club by proxy (i.e. CCFC is whoever we fans decide it is - e.g. CCFC2 at the Ricoh) :blue::blue:

The Reverend Skyblue

That is a real concern.

Even if we ignore reality and pretend that there's a snowball in hell's chance of Timmy's new stadium being built in 3 years - how many will have lost "the bug" forever by then?

Tommy that's my big worry, fans will be lost for decades if our generation stop going , as their sons/daughters won't have the family alleigancies pressure to go and support Cov like most of us did amny moons ago.
If you were a youngster whose father/mother don't go to Cov anymore why in the hell would they choose to support a mid table division 1/2 club playing football in front of 3000 fans at most, they wouldn't would they ,they'll choose Vile/Birmingham or even Leicester, or even like a lot do in the Banbury area I know ,who travel down on the train to one of the London clubs every other Saturday, they will just join those hoards and watch successful teams and they will be lost to Coventry forever, and there sons/daughters, and the cycle continues.

This decision will cost Coventry thousands of future fans.

Houdi

Well thinking outside the box. Alternatively everyone could go, and after say 10 minutes, you have a massive peaceful pitch invasion. They can hardly stop thousands going onto the pitch, and holding a sit down non violent protest. Would be difficult to get the game restarted, would cause a huge publicity nationwide, and would hugely embarrass the Football League.

Evo1883

ok lets take this pole as a guideline , around 5 in every 100 will go ,that means around 500 will go .awesome

Blinxs

As i've read in other threads, i'm like some people and live closer to Sixfields than the Ricoh however because of the reasons behind the move and as a sign of solidarity with most (as per the poll) of my fellow fans it's a no from me.

theferret

ok lets take this pole as a guideline , around 5 in every 100 will go ,that means around 500 will go .awesome

Not really. People just don't like the idea of seeing their name under the 'yes' vote for fear they'll be called scabs or something else equally hysterical, so they abstain from these sort of polls. 2000-3000 is my guess, but that's all it is.

I'm not planning to go to Northampton as it stands. I will go to away games. Absolutely rule it out? No.

tbh444

Glad to see over 90% say no so far, which I guess could equate to 1000 or so going, although it's hard to know the proportions of regulars - I suspect there may be a chunk of the older fanbase (not internet types) who sit towards the middle of the side stand who'll resolutely keep following SISU FC while tut-tutting about young upstarts

oakey

Whatever your view I think nobody should go to the first game there to make a point that the fans will not be walked over.
This will get media attention first game. Imagine if the home section was empty.

oakey

Glad to see over 90% say no so far, which I guess could equate to 1000 or so going, although it's hard to know the proportions of regulars - I suspect there may be a chunk of the older fanbase (not internet types) who sit towards the middle of the side stand who'll resolutely keep following SISU FC while tut-tutting about young upstarts
FWIW I think the opposite. Young people are more biddable and gullible + have more energy.
The young bucks will still see the pub crawl as an attraction.

stgeorge1966

All depends on ticket prices!!!! Don't agree with what has happened but I enjoy watching CCFC and I know people will say its not Coventry City any more but in my eyes it is until they relocate for good!!!!

Nonleagueherewecome

Not really. People just don't like the idea of seeing their name under the 'yes' vote for fear they'll be called scabs or something else equally hysterical, so they abstain from these sort of polls. 2000-3000 is my guess, but that's all it is.

I'm not planning to go to Northampton as it stands. I will go to away games. Absolutely rule it out? No.

It's not a public poll.

theferret

It's not a public poll.

Sorry, I don't know what you mean! It is a public poll no? All I am saying is that the fact your username appears against your selection might put a few people off voting. It might, it might not. The votes could well be an accurate reflection, I'm just saying I don't think it's particularly scientific and my gut feeling is 2-3K, but that's all it is. I guess we won't really know until August.

ohitsaidwalker king power

Honestly? I cannot decide- 35 consecutive years being a season ticket holder perhaps pulls me a different way to the logical path(to quote Spock)... for many of those years it created a bond between my father and I, an alliance that I am certain would not have been gained without the sky blues. My son and I now go- and I had hoped that a similar special friendship beyond that of father and son, like I had experienced with my Dad would be the result. Is this me spouting sentimental clap trap... maybe?..... I fear though that if we don't go to the football together, that that time spent together, without distraction will be lost to the murky world of PS3,4 and 5's or whatever the next iteration of gaming delight is served to the masses?
It will probably be the fear of that lost bond that pulls me south to SixField(if it really is happening) more so than any sense of allegiance to the owners seemingly so hell bent on self destruction- who I'd like nothing more than giving a bloody nose too.

:blue:

Last edited:

Buster

1. It's no from me
2. 7% approx say they will go . Half of them said occasionally
3. Pub quiz question . What is the only sports team who's away following is greater than its home support ?
Put that on your cv Tim!

Nonleagueherewecome

Sorry, I don't know what you mean! It is a public poll no? All I am saying is that the fact your username appears against your selection might put a few people off voting. It might, it might not. The votes could well be an accurate reflection, I'm just saying I don't think it's particularly scientific and my gut feeling is 2-3K, but that's all it is. I guess we won't really know until August.

I can't see any usernames! And the "view results" option and explanation that it is public that you get with public poll's isn't there...

Nonleagueherewecome

That's weird then, it shows as public for me and all usernames are showing. Clear your browser cache!

What I will say though is it's the internet, it's all fairly anonymous...I only know who two people actually are on here IRL!

Straightforward poll Yes/No

So let’s get this right then as I try to unravel where the forgotten equation sits in this quagmire of intrigue, lies, double talk, brinkmanship, deceit and despair: yes it’s the poor old CCFC supporter the least considered entity in this debacle of a football club.

We have SISU, the Higgs Trust, the Council, ACl, CCFC (Holdings), CCFC (Ltd), Tim Fisher, Paul Appleton(Administrator), Law Courts, Judges………………….it goes on and on, all with their snouts in this mess causing untold distress for the average supporter.

All of this is certainly driving me to absolute despair and threatening a big chunk of my social life with all the exodus from the Ricoh to Northampton for three years and then hey another brand new stadium suddenly appears somewhere in Coventry and it’s happy days for Tim and his crew hell bent on destroying five decades (in my case and others) of loyal support for CCFC.

None of the above individuals or conglomerates fully understands or empathises with the average fan so let me explain and illustrate my Sky Blue involvement and the way that football impacts on everyday life for many in a similar position.

CCFC is not a “major club”, we all know that, and never has been but it is sufficient for thousands of supporters over many years as a form of identification giving a sense of purpose to the Saturday match with all the banter, micky taking and downright fun giving opinions on style of play, tactics and the chances of beating the next opposition team.

For me starting as a Season Ticket holder in 1964 and remaining so to this day having watched over 1,400 games home and away missing 10 games at home (due to inconsiderate wedding dates etc) a major enjoyable social commitment I still enjoy today. I am also a member of the CCFC Diamond Club, A PSL (Private Seat Licence) holder, a columnist for a local trade paper and a regular subscriber to Sky Blues Talk.

Thanks to all the warring factions mentioned the whole future of CCFC is under serious threat affecting many thousands of avid supporters with no meaningful platform of dissent other than the hastily arranged fans forums of which will inevitably take not a blind bit of notice of what we fans say.

So Mr Fisher, Appleton et al please be abundantly aware: - I WILL NOT UPROOT FROM THE RICOH TO LITTLE OLD NORTHAMPTON – enough is enough - I will relinquish my season ticket forthwith (after 49 years continuous renewal) and if people like me are considering this drastic action (I know of many more) we will not have a CCFC anymore.

So the end of a wonderful era for me with vivid memories of promotion in 67/68 playing in Europe and the fantastic day out at Wembley all this behind me now and just a massive void that lays ahead.

Users who are viewing this thread