William Storey (3 Viewers)

mmttww

Are people seriously comparing snorting unregulated, godawful coke and cigarettes laced with arsenic and other shite to vaccines? fml

SBT

You think smokers and coke users only exclusively drop dead during use do they? And I'm the loon?

I'm giving you facts, have even said how useful the vaccine is, and how there isn't yet any decent proof that it causes any side effects, but you are still just coming back with emotive language, a tantrum, and ironically no ability to critical think yourself. This attitude just fuels the actual crackpots as you can't be constructive. Absolutely zero point trying to have an adult discussion with you any further.
Your attitude of trying to shut down all debate after you’ve made some wild claim, only to then try to patronise anyone who comes back with a different point of view isn’t the most endearing approach, I have to say. (Don’t feel like you have to reply btw, I know you’re busy watching the final)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Your attitude of trying to shut down all debate after you’ve made some wild claim, only to then try to patronise anyone who comes back with a different point of view isn’t the most endearing approach, I have to say. (Don’t feel like you have to reply btw, I know you’re busy watching the final)

Feel free to have whatever point of view you wish.

skybluetony176

Are people seriously comparing snorting unregulated, godawful coke and cigarettes laced with arsenic and other shite to vaccines? fml
I have a mate who has a recreational coke habit. He doesn’t take it all the time but even at 55 he can’t have a night out without doing a cheeky couple of lines. Smoked since he was a teenager too. But won’t have the vaccine because YoU dOn’t KnOW wHaT’s InIt😵💫

Says it with a completely straight face too, thinks he’s some sort of genius who’s worked it all out and everyone else is stupid.

oscillatewildly

Beardy c**t needs to have a shave before he even considers a genuine offer.
It's a Lemmy lambchop minimum before I'll take this fucker remotely serious.

oscillatewildly

I have a mate who has a recreational coke habit. He doesn’t take it all the time but even at 55 he can’t have a night out without doing a cheeky couple of lines. Smoked since he was a teenager too. But won’t have the vaccine because YoU dOn’t KnOW wHaT’s InIt😵💫

Says it with a completely straight face too, thinks he’s some sort of genius who’s worked it all out and everyone else is stupid.
Coming to a government near us all soon.

Grendel

More than happy to discuss Storey and his ideas
This thread has turned into members personal views and crackpot conspiracy theories.
Not the slightest bit interested in those thoughts.

Well they are the views of William Storey so I’d assume you would be? This is a reflection of the crank called William Storey

Sbarcher

He is going to introduce new boots to the squad.

slowpoke

Makes you wonder how someone like Storey celebrates Christmas, can’t imagine him sitting round the dinner table pulling crackers with a paper hat on.

The Philosopher

Back on point:

It is looking more and more like William Storey sidetracked SISU and the result is that CCFC missed any chance of owning the Arena.

SISU only have themselves to blame, a bit of due diligence or even just picking up the phone to Haas would have been sensible.

better days

Back on point:

It is looking more and more like William Storey sidetracked SISU and the result is that CCFC missed any chance of owning the Arena.

SISU only have themselves to blame, a bit of due diligence or even just picking up the phone to Haas would have been sensible.
A very good point
It took me 5 minutes to establish that at best Storey is a front for money laundering
And I didn't leave my desk
It's not just SISU, Haas and Sunderland could have done what I did in the same timescale
But people can be incredibly stupid when they are in need of money

fernandopartridge

Back on point:

Is it looking any more likely than it did a few weeks ago? I don't think so.

It's still ultimately only a known fantasist's words (without showing a shred of documentary evidence afaia) against no response from SISU.

The Philosopher

Is it looking any more likely than it did a few weeks ago? I don't think so.

It's still ultimately only a known fantasist's words (without showing a shred of documentary evidence afaia) against no response from SISU.
Apparently Gilbert had seen documentary evidence else I’d have agreed with you 100%. Whether it was credible or fact checked (he said it was?) is a different story.

Maybe Gilbert will shed some light if pressed?

wingy

A very good point
It took me 5 minutes to establish that at best Storey is a front for money laundering
And I didn't leave my desk
It's not just SISU, Haas and Sunderland could have done what I did in the same timescale
But people can be incredibly stupid when they are in need of money
Have you heard anything contrary to what you heard initially around King being a Astley Trojan?

GaryPendrysEyes

The vaccine side effects are a bit difficult to prove and I can understand why a lot of people who come out with stuff to do with it are shot down and labelled as lunatics. There isn't enough evidence on it yet. Maybe in years to come that will change, we will have to see.

The facts, which can't be disputed, are that the vaccine itself was never tested to stop transmission and largely doesn't do that. Something that was completely lied about. It does however, reduce serious symptoms in the risk demographic (over 50s, high BMI, and people with underlying health conditions). It was a life saver here, which is why the anti-vaxx argument here doesn't work. That said, a lot of people don't want to hear that the under 50s are almost completely unaffected in the grand scheme of things by covid infection. The numbers and statistics confirm this, and it is fair point of view to feel unhappy with the idea of giving the vaccine to children based on that alone.

Anyway, this isn't the thread for it, and this place got pretty toxic when some of these things were attempted to be debated previously. I think we should just leave it here.
Some distorted history here (certainly for the UK, and anything around this in the US is full of conspiracy nonsense).
There was no messaging here that the vaccines ‘stopped transmission’. The emphasis was that vaccines prevented you getting the virus or reduced its effect on you, especially for vulnerable groups and this helped reduce pressure on the NHS.
Testing, isolation, lockdown and later mask wearing were the ways to reduce spread.

better days

Have you heard anything contrary to what you heard initially around King being a Astley Trojan?
No
The guy who told me has loads of connections within football
Time will tell but I feel people are yet to show their hand until he gets EFL approval

Skyblue_LDN

Gilbert confirmed he’d seen the documentation. The mute point is that Storey missed the deadline for his takeover and his exclusivity period ended, Storey argues that King mentioned in his interview that he had approached SISU a few weeks back which given the timescale allegedly falls into the exclusivity period. That said at worst you’d think SISU get a slap on the wrists for entertaining another buyer when the current one wasn’t following through, can’t see King being punished, all well and good Storey saying he wants the club now but he had his chance by his own account of having an exclusivity period

NorthernWisdom

Gilbert confirmed he’d seen the documentation. The mute point is that Storey missed the deadline for his takeover and his exclusivity period ended, Storey argues that King mentioned in his interview that he had approached SISU a few weeks back which given the timescale allegedly falls into the exclusivity period. That said at worst you’d think SISU get a slap on the wrists for entertaining another buyer when the current one wasn’t following through, can’t see King being punished, all well and good Storey saying he wants the club now but he had his chance by his own account of having an exclusivity period
It's more scary that SISU would either judge him worth an exclusivity period, or were / are desperate enough to give him one, really.

Skyblue_LDN

Why retain a 15% stake then?
A minority stake in a small club is worthless, a minority stake in a large club is significant, why not? They are a hedge fund hedging their bets but who knows. Some of the conspiracy theories that get thrown around by apparent ITK’s just scaremonger

oscillatewildly

A minority stake in a small club is worthless, a minority stake in a large club is significant, why not? They are a hedge fund hedging their bets but who knows. Some of the conspiracy theories that get thrown around by apparent ITK’s just scaremonger
Are we a 'large' club?

Users who are viewing this thread